GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 22 Nov 2019, 03:00

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

McCombs MBA Admissions & Related Blogs

new topic post reply Update application status  
VP
VP
McCombs MBA Admissions & Related Blogs  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Nov 2015, 17:22
Application Deadlines:
Round 1: Application deadline: October 13, 2015 at 11:59pm CT, decision date: December 17, 2015
Round 2: Application deadline: January 12, 2016 at 11:59pm CT, decision date: March 29, 2016
Round 3: Final application deadline: March 31, 2016 at 11:59pm CT, decision date: May 12, 2016
Essay 1: At The University of Texas at Austin, what starts here changes the world. You are at the Texas MBA Orientation for the Class of 2018, meeting your cohort for the first time. Please introduce yourself to your new classmates, including relevant information about your personal and professional life.
 Select only one communication method that you would like to use for your response.
Write an essay (250 words)
Share a video introduction (one minute)
Share your about.me profile
Like last two years, UT Austin requires the applicants to write an essay on introduction to their class mates. McCombs allows them to delve on their personal as well as professional attributes in 250 words. This essay, in terms of the topic and the medium of communication, provides applicants with a flexibility and freedom to showcase their creative side. It is asking you to introduce yourself to your peers, so you should convey your best side and talk about the traits that you feel are the best in you. Considering this is your first encounter with them, you should highlight your personal and professional accomplishments, your hobbies, your history (background), and issues that pique your interest. The motive is to tell you future class mates who you really are.

To showcase your creativity, McCombs offers you a choice of three modes of communication. , You should pick the format that works best for you. If you are an introvert, or if you love to write , you may select the ‘essay mode’ for sure. If you have an artistic bent of mind and are good with visuals and graphics, you may pick the about.me option. An about.me profile is simply a written expression about you which also includes visuals, giving you an option to use your creativity to the fullest.

If you are an extrovert, you may find the video mode more exciting. A video essay allows applicants not only to be more creative but also imaginative. So you may use your own imagination, focusing more on the things that you like and would want to share. For example, if you plan to share your culinary skills with your class mates, you may consider shooting the one minute video in your kitchen.

I am sure it will be fun doing a video essay ; however, it is my understanding that it would demand more time than a regular essay. (this doesn't imply that crafting an 'introduction' essay is easy) So you may experiment with it if you can invest significant amount of time to make sure that you grab the attention of your audience not only through your words, but also through your body language and facial expressions . And remember your challenge is to say it all in a one minute video.

Before you submit your response to this essay, have a trusted friend or colleague look it over to let you know if you have crafted a compelling piece. As they say, you only have one chance to make a first impression, so whichever medium you choose, dedicate the work necessary to ensure that your introduction is both engaging and true to who you really are.
Essay 2: The McCombs School of Business is where leadership is earned. We have an inclusive environment where our dynamic and driven students take an active role in the Texas MBA community. Please discuss why the Texas MBA is the ideal program for you, what you hope to achieve, and how you will contribute to your classmates’ experience. (500 words)
This year ,McCombs has slightly refined the second essay question . Last year, the applicants were asked to share what they hope to gain from the Texas MBA program both personally and professionally, in addition to why McCombs was the right program for them and what impact they will make on their classmates. This year the phase ‘personally and professionally has been omitted and the applicants are  encouraged to focus their responses on what they hope to achieve while at McCombs, why McCombs is right for them, and what they will contribute to their classmates’ experience.” Also, McCombs is interested in learning more about your leadership potential.To address the first part of the question, explain why you wish to pursue MBA . Then, discuss why you are choosing McCombs and how various resources at Texas will help you fulfill your personal and professional needs and objectives and would aid in shaping up your future, the way you see it.

To compose a solid response to this question, you need to do a thorough research of the resources and offerings of McCombs. You may also get in touch with the currents students and alumni to get insider’s perspective on their experience. If possible, visit the campus, attend a class, talk to faculty or other people to get feel of the school’s culture. This will help you determine your ‘fit’ with the school.

Please refer to the following example:

Example:

“My past experiences, the knowledge gained in the classroom, McComb’s extensive NGO network, and the Net Impact club will equip me with skills to operate an NGO, helping me realize my dream of opening my own NGO.”

To address the second part of the question, you should highlight your attributes, your strengths which you would be bringing to the Texas community. Focus on mentioning about your work in two or three clubs and elaborate on that, showing how you think it will groom your personality and how you will bring those traits to the classroom and enrich your class mates’ experience. You may want to show your contribution by creating something new on campus e.g. a new club or a community event, or by leading it.

Now, say, you could talk about your passion for soccer and how you could enrich the Soccer Club.

Example:

‘"Having a rich experience of being on the field and being best friends with the ball for more than a decade, I feel I can bring that to the McCombs Soccer Club and lead to the enhancement of the games.."
Lastly , do not forget to showcase how you will imbibe the collaborative culture of McCombs and add value to it.

Optional Essay: Please provide any additional information you believe is important and/or address any areas of concern that will be beneficial to the Admissions Committee in considering your application (e.g. unexplained gaps in work experience, choice of recommenders, academic performance, significant weaknesses in your application, or extenuating personal circumstances). (250 words)

An optional essay is an opportunity for you to give the Ad Com relevant information that you could not provide in other essays or other parts of your application essays, recommendation letters and resume. This question is also meant to shine a spotlight on an experience or side of your personality that has not been revealed in the other parts of your application.

To provide context for a weakness in your profile, like low GPA or GMAT or a gap in your job history, make sure your reason is genuine to convince them that your low grades occurred due to unforeseen circumstances beyond your control. Also, keep in mind that your story should not only explain that particular weakness in your profile, but also bring out your other strong personality traits. That means your response should be positive and should not sound like you are making excuses for a weakness in your profile.

Below is an example of an optional essay written by a military candidate to explain his low grades:

Example:

"Although my leadership experiences in the military taught me many valuable lessons in teamwork, perseverance, and management, through all my responsibilities, it impacted my grades. Thus, I do not view my undergraduate performance as an accurate representation of my academic abilities. I certainly deserved all the grades I received; I earned them. However, I hope the above reasons will assist you in understanding my particular situation. I grew from this experience and took a dedicated approach to professional education. I would respectfully ask the admission committee consider this when reviewing my application."

Note:

For more application tips and tricks, click here:

http://blogs.mccombs.utexas.edu/mba-ins ... ps-tricks/

For more MBA articles, visit myEssayReview blog- http://myessayreview.com/blogs/

For questions, email me at poonam@myessayreview.com.
VP
VP
Re: McCombs MBA Admissions & Related Blogs  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Jan 2016, 12:39

A recent post on the Texas MBA Insider blog at the UT McCombs School of Business drives home a message that we stress with clients on a daily basis: the admissions committee wants to get to know the person behind the data points.

Now, this isn’t to say that a strong GMAT score or undergrad academic performance isn’t important…it’s very important to get those components right. In The Non-Numeric You: You Are Not Your GPA, the Texas MBA admissions team simply wants applicants to realize that their numbers do not define them when it comes to applying for a seat in their program.
Convince us that you are not only capable, but that you are special and that we will be lacking something without your presence.–The Texas MBA Program
“Even if you do have a 780 GMAT, this does not, in itself, indicate to us that you will succeed, make good grades, find an internship, thrive in your study groups, or find a good job after graduation,” the post notes.

The truth is, a lot of people have a 700 GMAT and 3.8 GPA. What is critical for applicants is conveying their own unique story in a compelling way.  “This story can go a long way in convincing us that a so-so GMAT or GPA is nothing to worry about in the long run, because you have a clear sense of who you are and what you are capable of,” the admissions team adds.

In our work here at Stacy Blackman Consulting, we find that countless applicants undervalue their uniqueness. Prospective students often shy away from sharing small but important details about themselves that can help them stand out from the crowd. They think, “Admissions committees don’t want to hear about that side of me,” or “Business schools don’t want people who are interested in that.” Or, “If I talk about this, it will sound like I’m boasting.”

It’s time to get over all of that. If you want to do well in the admissions process, you have to communicate who you are, not just what you do. Click on over to the original post for tips on how you can stand out and land a spot at McCombs over an applicant with the exact same numbers.
You may also be interested in:
 3 Ways to Stand Out in a Competitive B-School Applicant Pool

If you are looking for guidance on your MBA application, Stacy Blackman Consulting can help with hourly and comprehensive consulting services. Contact us to learn more. Visit the website for Stacy Blackman Reviews, and check out the company’s e-publications for more in depth school-by-school guidance.
VP
VP

Show Tags

New post 22 Jun 2016, 09:56
The University of Texas at Austin McCombs School of Business has announced the essay questions that will be included in the Fall 2017 full-time MBA application.  They are as follows:

Essay 1. The University of Texas at Austin values unique perspectives and cultivates a collaborative environment of distinct individual contributions. It is the first day of orientation. You are meeting your study group, comprised of five of your classmates from various backgrounds. Please introduce yourself to your new team, highlighting what drives you in your personal and professional life.

Select only one communication method that you would like to use for your response.
    • Write an essay (250 words)
    • Share a video introduction (one minute)

Essay 2. Based on your post-MBA goals and what drives you in your personal and professional life, why is the Texas MBA the ideal program for you and how do you plan to engage in our community? (500 words)

Optional Statement:
Please provide any additional information you believe is important and/or address any areas of concern that will be beneficial to the Admissions Committee in considering your application (e.g. unexplained gaps in work experience, choice of recommenders, academic performance, or extenuating personal circumstances). (250 words)

For more information on applying to the Texas MBA program, please visit the McCombs MBA admissions website.
Texas MBA Program Fall 2017 MBA Application DeadlinesImage

If you are looking for guidance on your MBA application, Stacy Blackman Consulting can help with hourly and comprehensive consulting services. Contact us to learn more. Visit the website for Stacy Blackman Reviews, and check out the company’s e-publications for more in depth school-by-school guidance.
VP
VP

Show Tags

New post 22 Jun 2016, 09:59

The Texas MBA program at UT McCombs School of Business has posted the full-time MBA application deadlines for the 2016-2017 admissions season. They are as follows:
Round 1
Application due: October 11, 2016
Decision released: December 20, 2016
Round 2
Application due: January 10, 2017
Decision released: March 30, 2017
Round 3
Application due: April 4, 2017
Decision released: May 11, 2017

The Texas MBA application for fall 2017 will open in late summer, and updated application essays will be published in the coming months. For more information, please visit the Texas MBA admissions website.
UT McCombs Offers MBA Essay AdviceImage

VP
VP

Show Tags

New post 01 Aug 2016, 16:51

MBA application deadlines

Round 1:

Application deadline: October 11, 2016 at 11:59pm CT, Decision date: December 20, 2016

Round 2:

Application deadline: January 10, 2017 at 11:59pm CT, Decision date: March 29, 2017

Round 3:

Final application deadline: April 4, 2017 at 11:59pm CT, Decision date: May 11, 2017

Application Essay Topics:

There is no major change in the essay prompts of this year. Like last year, McCombs business school asks its applicants to write two required essays and one optional essay. However, both the essays have been tweaked a little bit.  Also, one of the communication methods (about.me option) for the first question has been dropped.

Essay 1: The University of Texas at Austin values unique perspectives and cultivates a collaborative environment of distinct individual contributions. It is the first day of orientation. You are meeting your study group, comprised of five of your classmates from various backgrounds. Please introduce yourself to your new team, highlighting what drives you in your personal and professional life.

This is the fourth year running that McCombs requires the applicants to write an essay on introduction to their class mates. McCombs allows them to delve on their personal as well as professional attributes in 250 words.  This essay, in terms of the topic and the medium of communication, provides applicants with a flexibility and freedom to showcase their creative side. It is asking you to introduce yourself to your peers, so you should convey your best side and talk about the traits that you feel are the best in you. Considering this is your first encounter with them, you should highlight your personal and professional accomplishments, your hobbies, your history (background), and issues that pique your interest. The motive is to tell you future class mates who you really are.

To showcase your creativity, McCombs offers you a choice of two modes of communication. You should pick the format that works best for you.  If you are an introvert, or if you love to write, you may select the ‘essay mode’ for sure. If you are an extrovert, you may find the video mode more exciting. A video essay allows applicants not only to be more creative but also imaginative. So you may use your own imagination, focusing more on the things that you like and would want to share. For example, if you plan to share your culinary skills with your class mates, you may consider shooting the one minute video in your kitchen.

I am sure it will be fun doing a video essay; however, it is my understanding that it would demand more time than a regular essay (This doesn’t imply that crafting an ‘introduction’ essay is easy). So you may experiment with it if you can invest significant amount of time to make sure that you grab the attention of your audience not only through your words, but also through your body language and facial expressions.  And remember your challenge is to say it all in a one minute video.  Also, if you are camera shy and don’t feel comfortable before the camera, then video option may not be a good option. Whichever medium you choose, dedicate the work necessary to ensure that your introduction is engaging and presents  you as a likeable, friendly, and well-rounded individual to your cohorts.

Essay 2:  Based on your post-MBA goals and what drives you in your personal and professional life, why is the Texas MBA the ideal program for you and how do you plan to engage in our community? (500 words)

For the second essay response, McCombs has omitted the description of Texas community and focused only on goals, motivation, and potential contribution.  The applicants are encouraged to focus their responses on what they hope to achieve while at McCombs, why McCombs is right for them, and what they will contribute to the McCombs community.  To address the first part of the question, explain why you wish to pursue MBA.  Then, discuss why you are choosing McCombs and how various resources at Texas will help you fulfill your personal and professional needs and objectives and would aid in shaping up your future.  To compose a solid response to this question, you need to do a thorough research of the resources and offerings of McCombs.  You may also get in touch with the current students and alumni to get insider’s perspective on their experience.  If possible, visit the campus, attend a class, talk to faculty or other people to get feel of the school’s culture.  This will help you determine your ‘fit’ with the school.

Please refer to the following example:

Example:

“My past experiences, the knowledge gained in the classroom, McComb’s extensive NGO network, and the Net Impact club will equip me with skills to operate an NGO, helping me realize my dream of opening my own NGO.”

To address the second part of the question, you should highlight your attributes and your strengths which you would be bringing to the Texas community.  Focus on mentioning about your contribution to class discussions in your strong areas, and contribute to your class mates’ experience.  Also, you should comment on your involvement in 2-3 clubs/ organizations of your interest (both professional and personal) and elaborate on that.  For example, if you are passionate about soccer and have been a good soccer player, you can talk about your passion for soccer and how you would enrich the Soccer Club. You may want to show your contribution by creating something new on campus e.g. a new club or a community event, or by leading it.

Optional Statement:

Please provide any additional information you believe is important and/ or address any areas of concern that will be beneficial to the Admissions Committee in considering your application (e.g. unexplained gaps in work experience, choice of recommenders, academic performance, significant weaknesses in your application, or extenuating personal circumstances). (250 words)

An optional essay is an opportunity for you to give the Ad Com relevant information that you could not provide in other essays or other parts of your application essays, recommendation letters, and résumé.  This question is also meant to shine a spotlight on an experience or side of your personality that has not been revealed in the other parts of your application.

To provide context for a weakness in your profile, like low GPA or GMAT or a gap in your job history, make sure your reason is genuine to convince them that your low grades occurred due to unforeseen circumstances beyond your control.

Also, keep in mind that your story should not only explain that particular weakness in your profile, but also bring out your other strong personality traits. That means your response should be positive, straightforward, and fact-focused and should not sound like you are making excuses for a weakness in your profile.

Below is an example from an optional essay written by a female candidate to explain her employment gap after she was laid off from her company:

Example:

“The past eight months have provided me adequate time for reflection for my next professional move. I conducted research on potential employers, job profiles and reached out to my mentors to evaluate how to use my capabilities and skills. I have evaluated my career goals and have decided to enhance my skillset by pursuing an MBA. On the personal front, this period gave me an opportunity to devote more time to the care of my child and pursue my hobbies such as swimming and traveling. I would request the Admission Committee to consider the above mentioned facts when reviewing my application”.

Note: For more application tips and tricks, click here:

http://blogs.mccombs.utexas.edu/mba-insider/2015/08/19/from-texas-mba-admissions-application-tips-tricks/

For more MBA articles, visit myEssayReview blog.

This article was first published in myEssayReview blog

For questions, email me at poonam@myessayreview.com.

VP
VP

Show Tags

New post 06 Sep 2016, 11:46
University of Texas at Austin McCombs School of Business is a globally recognized MBA program, located in the center of technology and creativity that is Austin. Programs like McCombs can provide an especially strong regional network if you are currently in Texas or plan to settle in Texas after your MBA.

When approaching these essay questions think about the reasons you are pursuing an MBA, particularly at McCombs. Thorough school research will help you come up with specifics, by taking to current or former students, visiting campus, or attending admissions events.

Essay 1. The University of Texas at Austin values unique perspectives and cultivates a collaborative environment of distinct individual contributions. It is the first day of orientation. You are meeting your study group, comprised of five of your classmates from various backgrounds. Please introduce yourself to your new team, highlighting what drives you in your personal and professional life.

For an open-ended essay with a creative option (the video) it can be daunting to think of a topic. Rather than focusing on how you are going to communicate, start thinking about what you want to communicate to the McCombs admissions committee by introducing yourself to your new study group.

The best essays will dive deep into your motivations and aspirations, perhaps getting into your cultural background, formative moments in your life and friends, family and colleagues who have influenced you. To identify one or two key stories you may want to tell, think about those pivotal moments of change in your life.

For many people the transition from high school to college and from college to work led to personal change. Others had formative childhood experiences or experiences that led to shifts in perspective like travel or living outside your home country. Any one of these moments could be a good way to illustrate who you are and what motivates you.

Once you have identified the content of your essay you can decide how to present it. A video could give you the opportunity to add elements of emotion, such as humor, that are harder to convey in writing. A video also allows you to include graphics, photos or other visual elements. If your story fits better into a written narrative you may choose the written essay instead.

Essay 2. Based on your post-MBA goals and what drives you in your personal and professional life, why is the Texas MBA the ideal program for you and how do you plan to engage in our community? (500 words)

This essay is your opportunity to demonstrate strong fit with the Texas McCombs program. As part of your homework before starting this set of essays you have learned as much as possible about the school, now you can bring in your own aspirations and goals to describe what you plan to be part of.

Some of the unique opportunities at McCombs include the Venture Labs, supporting your entrepreneurial dreams, and The MBA+ Program, with opportunities to work with influential companies through a variety of touch points. Austin is another unique benefit to the program that you may want to discuss in the context of your background and goals.

For example, perhaps you are interested in working for a major technology firm to learn product manager skills that you will then take into starting your own business. While at McCombs you can test ideas with the Venture Labs, and also consult for major companies like Adobe or HP to learn how large companies work. These experiences will certainly give you an advantage as your build your post MBA career.

Don’t forget the personal – Texas McCombs has an active and engaged student culture with many student organizations you may be interested in joining.

Optional Statement: Please provide any additional information you believe is important and/or address any areas of concern that will be beneficial to the Admissions Committee in considering your application (e.g. unexplained gaps in work experience, choice of recommenders, academic performance, or extenuating personal circumstances). (250 words)

This optional essay provides space for you to add your own context to any information that may hinder your admission prospects. For example, if you have a lower than average test score, any grades below a C on your transcript, academic probation or a significant resume gap, you can explain here. Keep your explanation concise and factual, and focused on context for the issue rather than excuses.

VP
VP

Show Tags

New post 29 Nov 2016, 13:09
Hey everybody! We’re back with another installment of “Ask the AdCom,” where we share a wide range of tips and advice from admissions team members from a dozen top business schools. Since AdCom members are human, too, we know our readers will enjoy seeing  a different side of what makes these guys tick.

This fun space is not really about the application process but more about real-life topics, like what’s a good book to readbest place to study, where you can find a killer meal near campus, and all the fun stuff happening at b-school that creates those lifelong, cherished memories for MBA students.

We hope you become inspired, too!

Today’s question is: Who are the must-meet professors?
Alex Lawrence, Assistant Dean of MBA Admissions at UCLA Anderson School of Management, says Janessa Shapiro is the one to meet. She has authored 30 research articles and delivered nearly 20 conference talks as she sets out to understand–and help others understand–stereotype threats and social stigmas.

Professor Shapiro’s commitment to these areas is also reflected in her university service to UCLA. She’s a member of the Anderson School’s Task Force on Faculty Gender Climate, a Faculty Sponsor for Underrepresented Graduate Students in Psychology, and a member of the Psychology department’s Diversity Issues Committee.

John Roeder, Assistant Dean of Graduate Admissions at SMU Cox School of Business, says every student will meet Dean Al Niemias he is extremely approachable and gets to know the students well.  Especially those that take his popular course:  The Evolution of American Capitalism.  It is not unusual to have guest speakers pop in on his class, including former President George W. Bush.

Shari Hubert, Associate Dean of MBA Admissions  at Georgetown’s McDonough School of Business, says Lee Pinkowitz,Melissa Bradley, and Ken Homa are popular with Georgetown MBA students.

Kelly R. Wilson, Executive Director of Admissions at CMU Tepper School of Business, points to Marvin Goodfriend, world-banking expert and professor of economics, who was voted the award for the graduating class’s favorite faculty member.

Judi Byers, Executive Director of Admissions and Financial Aid at Cornell’s Johnson Graduate School of Management, shared these recommendations from Cornell Johnson students:

Rodrigo Malta, Director of Admissions at UT McCombs School of Business, says Melissa Graebner, a professor in our Management department, is always a favorite for her expert knowledge in Corporate Governance, e-ship and M&A.
Look out for the #AskAdCom in our social media channels, and we’ll see you again next week when we check in to Ask the AdCom about their various study abroad programs.

If you are looking for guidance on your MBA application, Stacy Blackman Consulting can help with hourly and comprehensive consulting services. Contact us to learn more. Visit the website for Stacy Blackman Reviews, and check out the company’s e-publications for more in depth school-by-school guidance.
VP
VP

Show Tags

New post 31 May 2017, 11:22
The UT McCombs School of Business announced it has received a $6 million gift from alum John Goff to support experiential learning initiatives and the real estate program at the Austin campus.

The gift will be used for three strategic growth initiatives at McCombs, complementing the activities of the school’s Real Estate Finance and Investment Center and its 250-member council.

First, Goff has donated $2 million to the Real Estate Investment Fund and will match any additional donations up to $2.5 million, for a total gift of $4.5 million. Once completed, this will bring the total value of the fund from its current $3 million to $10 million.

“This gift will catapult forward a real estate program that is already among the world’s elite,” says Jay Hartzell, dean of the McCombs School. “We will be second to none in our ability to provide experiential learning for our undergraduate and graduate students, complementing the analytical foundation we’ve always given them.”

The fund is unique among business schools, as McCombs is the only business school in the country where undergraduate and graduate students have the opportunity to oversee investments in public and private real estate funds.

Additionally, $1 million of Goff’s donation will fund a new chair in real estate, allowing the hire of an accomplished tenure-track faculty researcher or a professional fellow with significant real estate experience.

Goff’s investment in real estate initiatives at the school will also fund the creation of the John Goff Labs in Robert B. Rowling Hall, the new graduate school for business at UT Austin. These will include a real estate lab to support experiential learning projects, practicums and events, as well as any additional “theory-to-practice” rooms for use by graduate business students, faculty members and corporate partners.

“Being a graduate of the McCombs School of Business has been extremely meaningful to my career,” Goff says. “I am thrilled to make this gift to enhance the real estate program at McCombs. Jay’s personal background and passion for real estate were catalysts in my decision, and collectively we intend to make this the No. 1 ranked real estate program in the country.”

In late spring of 2015, a group of real estate finance Texas MBA candidates approached Goff with a feasibility study to expand the Real Estate Investment Fund. Hartzell accompanied the students to Fort Worth to pitch their idea to Goff directly.

“John is a legend,” says Scott Sowanick, one of the five Texas MBA candidates to pitch the idea. “Meeting and talking with him about our idea was an incredible honor.”

Although the original group of students that helped conceive the idea for the fund has graduated, they remain in contact with the school and Goff.

“John Goff embodies Texas real estate and everything that a student of real estate aspires to be,” Sowanick adds. “To have an individual of his stature and pedigree take the real estate fund to the next level couldn’t have been scripted any better.”

If you are looking for guidance on your Texas MBA application, Stacy Blackman Consulting can help with hourly and comprehensive consulting services. Contact us to learn more. Visit the website for Stacy Blackman Reviews, and check out the company’s e-publications for more in depth school-by-school guidance.
Manager
Manager
How to Highlight Your Work Experience  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Oct 2019, 07:09
FROM Mccombs(Texas Austin) Admissions Blog: How to Highlight Your Work Experience
This MBA Insider content comes from Sharon Barrett, Director of Working Professional & Executive MBA Admissions. When evaluating your application, our MBA Admissions Committee aims for a complete picture of your qualifications and fit with the program. It’s all about perspective. We look  at your application as if we are holding a scale, balancing all the […]
ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors
Manager
Manager
Discover McCombs Events  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Oct 2019, 07:09
FROM Mccombs(Texas Austin) Admissions Blog: Discover McCombs Events
This fall, we invite you to join us for our biggest and most exciting events of the year: Discover McCombs Weekends. These two-day events are designed to offer you the opportunity to learn more about the Full-Time MBA, visit our home, Robert B. Rowling Hall, and meet members of the Texas McCombs community while enjoying […]
ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors
Manager
Manager
First Look: Full-Time MBA Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Oct 2019, 13:00
FROM Mccombs(Texas Austin) Admissions Blog: First Look: Full-Time MBA Class of 2021
After receiving over 1,900 applications for our Full-Time MBA program, Texas McCombs is happy to welcome our incoming MBA class of 2021! Our admissions team prides itself in fostering a diverse range of students with individual talents and backgrounds that will positively impact their peers, their networks, and the world around them for years to […]
Manager
Manager
Top Tips for a Successful MBA Interview  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Oct 2019, 07:00
FROM Mccombs(Texas Austin) Admissions Blog: Top Tips for a Successful MBA Interview
This Insider advice come from the Texas McCombs Full-Time MBA Admissions Committee: After you submit your MBA application, you may receive an invitation to interview. First, we hope you take time to feel excited to have made it to this stage of the process! But then you might have some questions: What interview format options […]
Manager
Manager
Test Options for Working Professional MBA Candidates  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Oct 2019, 11:00
FROM Mccombs(Texas Austin) Admissions Blog: Test Options for Working Professional MBA Candidates
This MBA Insider info comes from the Working Professional and Executive MBA Admissions team. Preparing for and taking an MBA admissions exam is one of the best ways to get your mind back into academic mode. The most common questions we receive from candidates are about the standardized tests — how to prepare for them […]
Manager
Manager
First Look: MBA at Dallas/Fort Worth Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Oct 2019, 14:00
FROM Mccombs(Texas Austin) Admissions Blog: First Look: MBA at Dallas/Fort Worth Class of 2021
The Round 1 application deadline for our Dallas/Fort Worth MBA is just around the corner! Our admissions committee is always committed to selecting top-caliber students to offer their unique perspective to our community. Last year, we had a very strong pool of applications to pull from and the program welcomed its largest class ever as […]
Manager
Manager
First Look: MBA at Houston Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Oct 2019, 13:00
FROM Mccombs(Texas Austin) Admissions Blog: First Look: MBA at Houston Class of 2021
The deadline for the Round 1 MBA at Houston application is just around the corner! Our admissions team is committed to selecting bright, world-changing students that offer unique perspectives to their incoming class.  Last year, our admissions team received a strong pool of applications to pull from, and the stats certainly reflect that. With that […]
Manager
Manager
First Look: Executive MBA Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Oct 2019, 14:00
FROM Mccombs(Texas Austin) Admissions Blog: First Look: Executive MBA Class of 2021
The Round 1 application deadline is approaching for our Executive MBA, currently ranked #8 in the U.S. by Poets and Quants, and our admissions committee is preparing to put together another elite class of students to bring their skills and experience to the McCombs network. This past August, our newest enrolled students started their MBA journey […]
Manager
Manager
The Military Community at Texas McCombs  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Nov 2019, 13:00
FROM Mccombs(Texas Austin) Admissions Blog: The Military Community at Texas McCombs
Texas McCombs recognizes the value military veterans bring to our programs. Our community is one of support and dedication helping prepare you for career success, which is why our MBA is consistently a top program for veterans. This November, in honor of Veterans Day on 11/11, the MBA program honors all of our active and […]
Manager
Manager
National First-Gen College Day at McCombs  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Nov 2019, 13:00
FROM Mccombs(Texas Austin) Admissions Blog: National First-Gen College Day at McCombs
In conjunction with UT’s First-Generation College Celebration and the National First-Generation College Celebration this week, we’re proud to highlight several first-generation students in our Texas McCombs MBA community.  Jose Carlos Rojas Jose is a first-generation college graduate and Texas McCombs at Houston MBA ’20 student. The hardest thing about being first-gen, he says, was having, […]
GMAT Club Bot
National First-Gen College Day at McCombs   [#permalink] 06 Nov 2019, 13:00

McCombs MBA Admissions & Related Blogs

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: RicAssassin