GMAT Data Insight Chat

MBA Chat

go back
HEC Sep'24 Intake 3 members online out of 2205
dots
Forum discussion
Chat members
admitStreet wrote:
arcgmat03 - from the Adcom’s communication, the other aspects (except your score) seem good. I’ve seen some mentees compensate for low(er) Verbal scores in GMAT/ GRE by submitting IELTS or TOEFL scores: try this route if possible. And highlighting your verbal abilities at work, education etc. can help as well. My advise would be to have a quick chat with AdCom, and act on their recommendation: this shows that you’re making an effort. Regards, Arvind Founder, admitStreet W: https://admitstreet.com | LinkedIn | E: consultingteam@admitstreet.com

Thank you sir
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
MBAGuide wrote:
The adcom could have reservations about your communication skills, particularly your ability to engage in class discussions and activities within a global cohort. They might also be concerned that it could impact your employability later. Best to gather evidence of your participation in debates, conferences, and public speaking activities from recent past and present this as an initial validation to the school. I would still suggest that you proactively request a meeting with them to understand their concerns. If you say that you have simply given up on your verbal improvement, I’m afraid that may not sit well with them. But yes, you could try to negotiate an improvement plan that’s not really GMAT or GRE. Tough situation.

Thank you ma’am
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Dear Candidates, I often receive queries reg. the HEC Paris MBA e.g. whether there’s a template profile that the school prefers, does a low GMAT or a re-application reduce chances, what topic to pick for the interview presentation, etc.

I made a write-up featuring the profiles and application journey of 4 mentees I worked with last year, all of whom received an admit (and 3 received scholarships) to the HEC Paris MBA (2025 batch). Check it out here

Hope it helps.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
What is the max amount of scholarship HEC generally grants? Does it reach 50% of the tuition fee as mentioned on the website?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Hi everyone, I am planning to apply in the Feb deadline. Can anyone tell me about the presentations that we have to also prepare for along with the interview? I couldn’t find much material on HEC’s page. Can it be any topic? How do we go about this?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Has anyone spoken to the HEC adcom over call? Can someone share their contact info? I can’t seem to find it through a google search
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin

Ak9sh wrote:
Hi everyone, I am planning to apply in the Feb deadline. Can anyone tell me about the presentations that we have to also prepare for along with the interview? I couldn’t find much material on HEC’s page. Can it be any topic? How do we go about this?

Yes it can be any topic of your choice. Perhaps this write-up and some examples from here can help
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin

yogesh203 wrote:
Has anyone spoken to the HEC adcom over call? Can someone share their contact info? I can’t seem to find it through a google search

@yogesh203- They used to do 1:1 calls earlier, but my understanding is that they do small group calls now. Have you filled in the Connect with us form? Once you fill in your details, you’ll receive high-level feedback on your profile, along with link(s) where you can schedule that call
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
admitStreet wrote:
  @yogesh203- They used to do 1:1 calls earlier, but my understanding is that they do small group calls now. Have you filled in the Connect with us form? Once you fill in your details, you’ll receive high-level feedback on your profile, along with link(s) where you can schedule that call

Hi @admitstreet, thank you for your response. I have actually already submitted my application and received communication from them that they are interested in my profile but they recommend I attempt the GMAT once more (if possible). In case not, I can choose to continue with my current score as well

I had written to them with some follow up questions and dropped a follow up mail too but haven’t heard back. Hence I was asking for the contact info
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Do let me know your thoughts - any inputs will be appreciated! :)
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
­The official ID is admissionmba[at]hec[dot]fr, it could take a few days for them to respond. If it’s been a week or more, perhaps drop them a reminder, that’s the channel to communicate :)
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Yes I just did this about an hour ago - sending a reminder and summarizing my queries

Thanks for your help!
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Hey,
If we got rejected for sept 24 intake are we allowed to apply for Jan 25 intake? My application and essays were not up to the mark. I can improve in that area.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
­Is there any whatspp/gmat club group for Sept’24 admits? I know there’s a group link that has been shared here in the past, but that never works for me for some reason. Thank you!
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
pragyaahh wrote:
­Is there any whatspp/gmat club group for Sept’24 admits? I know there’s a group link that has been shared here in the past, but that never works for me for some reason. Thank you!

Please DM me
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin

Ak9sh wrote:

Hi Ak9sh if you are looking for ideas on how to impress HEC Paris interviewers, you can refer to this link below where I share some of my best tips and also a sample winning HEC Paris presentation. Many people have told me that the sample was useful, so I hope it helps you too. Should you want to work with me to prepare for your B-school applications or interviews, reach out.

How to ace the HEC Paris Presentation

Best wishes
Aanchal Sahni (INSEAD alum, former INSEAD admissions interviewer)
MBAGuideConsulting
LinkedIn |WEBSITE: https://mbaguideconsulting.com/ | Message: +91 9971200927| email- mbaguideconsulting@gmail.com­­
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
­Hi All,

Has anyone heard back from HEC PARIS after their interviews for Jan 15 deadline? When should one expect to hear back from them? Also, what are the admission chances if you get shortlisted for the interviews? 
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
The decisions will be out tomorrow for the January deadline. I’ve read that chances after interview are between 50%-70% but with no formal source.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Has HEC started calling to the selected candidates?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Hi All,
I applied in Jan and had my interviews last friday. By when can i expect to hear from them?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Result is out
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Hi Folks!
Just rcd good news for the Jan 25 cycle.
Cheers
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
MIF R2 results are out!
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Are there any group for admitted candidates for the Sep 24 intake?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Hello everyone! I submitted my application for Jan 2025 intake during Feb 12 deadline. Adcom has asked me to retake my GMAT (it’s 680 currenty). Unfortunately i have finished all possible attempts for the rolling year. Anyone has experience with this retake suggestion from HEC?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Is there any WA group or gmatclub chat for admitted candidates for the Sep’24 intake?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Appreciate it if someone could pass one for Jan’25 too. If there is one that is
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Abhishekaj wrote:
Is there any WA group or gmatclub chat for admitted candidates for the Sep’24 intake?

Hey, yes - it’s on the LinkedIn group if you’re invited to join!

Posted from my mobile device
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin

slk00 wrote:

­@slkoo I haven’t received any invitation. Do you have any idea who to contact?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Abhishekaj wrote:
slk00 wrote:

­@slkoo I haven’t received any invitation. Do you have any idea who to contact?

­It should be in the email that they sent you for admissions!
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Hi,

I have also been admitted... Can someone please add me if there is any https://gmatclub.com/chat group for admitted candidates?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
AbdullahRashid

The groups do not currently exist. I spoke with the admissions officer, and she mentioned that Facebook and https://gmatclub.com/chat groups will be created soon for the September 2024 intake.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Abhishekaj wrote:
AbdullahRashid

The groups do not currently exist. I had a chat with the admissions officer, and she mentioned that Facebook and WA groups will be created soon for the September 2024 intake.­­

The groups do exist. Most of us are part of it.
Pls join the LinkedIn Group link mentioned in your admit email, and you’ll find the https://gmatclub.com/chat group links there. :)

chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
slk00 there is no linkedIn group link mentioned in my admit email. Checked thrice. :/
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Abhishekaj wrote:
slk00 there is no linkedIn group link mentioned in my admit email. Checked thrice. :/

It isn’t mentioned explicitly. It says "Click here to meet your future classmates".

chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Maddy1621 wrote:
Hello everyone! I submitted my application for Jan 2025 intake during Feb 12 deadline. Adcom has asked me to retake my GMAT (it’s 680 currenty). Q:44, V:39.

I did explain in additional details essay that in previous attempts i scored Q47-48. Also, mentioned about high Grades and GPA in undergrad and masters especially in quantitative subjects.

Unfortunately i have finished all possible attempts for the rolling year. Anyone has experience with this retake suggestion from HEC?

­Try and reach out and attempt to explain the situation to them. Perhaps ask if you can take the GRE?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Have any MiM/MIF students gotten the email for the excellence scholarship?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin

Maddy1621 wrote:
Hello everyone! I submitted my application for Jan 2025 intake during Feb 12 deadline. Adcom has asked me to retake my GMAT (it’s 680 currenty). Q:44, V:39.

I did explain in additional details essay that in previous attempts i scored Q47-48. Also, mentioned about high Grades and GPA in undergrad and masters especially in quantitative subjects.

Unfortunately i have finished all possible attempts for the rolling year. Anyone has experience with this retake suggestion from HEC?

­
Hello Maddy1621,

At this point, all you can do is to get in touch with the Ad Com and explain the issue to them. You may frankly ask them for an alternative they would prefer. 

Thanks.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Abhishekaj wrote:

I couldn’t find it either :/
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
eduardo93fp wrote:
Abhishekaj wrote:

I couldn’t find it either :/

­eduardo93fp @slk00 is MiM candidate and we are MBA candidates. Group hasn’t been created for MBA candidates yet. 
This discussion chat is a mix of MiM and MBA .  :p 
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Ohh ok! Thank you!
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Hi are the mba scholarship decisions out?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Maddy1621 wrote:
Hello everyone! I submitted my application for Jan 2025 intake during Feb 12 deadline. Adcom has asked me to retake my GMAT (it’s 680 currenty). Unfortunately i have finished all possible attempts for the rolling year. Anyone has experience with this retake suggestion from HEC?

I was asked to write either GRE or EA
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Hello, I am an admitted candidate for the September 2024 intake from last January application batch. I was planning to finance my study using my company’s scholarship. But for some particular reasons, I do not think the company’s scholarship is a viable option now. I have considered some options such as other scholarships, student loans, and deferrals. But talking about scholarships, I do think that it is a little bit too late for most scholarships’ deadlines. Does anyone have any recommendations about my current situation?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Did anyone manage to get in with a 650 gmat score or lower? Talking ab MAster not mba
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
650 on focus or classical?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Hello,

I got the offer from the HEC MiM and the LBS GMiM - I am very unsure which I should pick. Any suggestions?

chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Hi Everyone! I am planning to apply to the sept 24 intake. GRE 319, 9 year of work ex out of which 8 years were is risk consulting at EY and Deloitte. Have some international work experience and currently work at Jp Morgan as AVP.

Do you suggest I apply to HEC right now? I understand these are the later rounds. I am expecting other admit responses by mid March. Does HEC review apps on a rolling basis or only after the deadline mentioned?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Hi Anyone admitted to the Jan 2025 cycle of MBA please DM. Cheers
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
devikamohole wrote:
Hi Everyone! I am planning to apply to the sept 24 intake. GRE 319, 9 year of work ex out of which 8 years were is risk consulting at EY and Deloitte. Have some international work experience and currently work at Jp Morgan as AVP.

Do you suggest I apply to HEC right now? I understand these are the later rounds. I am expecting other admit responses by mid March. Does HEC review apps on a rolling basis or only after the deadline mentioned?

@devikamohole: Your work-ex seems interesting, but GRE is a bit on the lower side: what was your Q/V split?

HEC follows a monthly schedule: final results are announced within 4-5 weeks of each round’s deadline.

Broadly, you might be towards the later rounds for Sep intake, but relatively earlier rounds for Jan intake (looking at Mar/ Apr deadlines). Having said that, the overall profile and strength of your application would determine the outcome: I’ve seen candidates get admits (with scholarships) even in later rounds. 

Regards,
Arvind
Founder, admitStreet | HEC Paris alum
W: https://admitstreet.com | LinkedIn | E: consultingteam@admitstreet.com­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
admitStreet wrote:
@devikamohole: Your work-ex seems interesting, but GRE is a bit on the lower side: what was your Q/V split? HEC follows a monthly schedule: final results are announced within 4-5 weeks of each round’s deadline. Broadly, you might be towards the later rounds for Sep intake, but relatively earlier rounds for Jan intake (looking at Mar/ Apr deadlines). Having said that, the overall profile and strength of your application would determine the outcome: I’ve seen candidates get admits (with scholarships) even in later rounds.  Regards, Arvind Founder, admitStreet | HEC Paris alum W: https://admitstreet.com | LinkedIn | E: consultingteam@admitstreet.com­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­

Got it. 160Q 159V. If I apply in the next couple of days will they only start evaluating after 13th March?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
anyone who applied for feb deadline has gotten their alumni interviewers?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
devikamohole wrote:
admitStreet wrote:
@devikamohole: Your work-ex seems interesting, but GRE is a bit on the lower side: what was your Q/V split? HEC follows a monthly schedule: final results are announced within 4-5 weeks of each round’s deadline. Broadly, you might be towards the later rounds for Sep intake, but relatively earlier rounds for Jan intake (looking at Mar/ Apr deadlines). Having said that, the overall profile and strength of your application would determine the outcome: I’ve seen candidates get admits (with scholarships) even in later rounds.  Regards, Arvind Founder, admitStreet | HEC Paris alum W: https://admitstreet.com | LinkedIn | E: consultingteam@admitstreet.com

Got it. 160Q 159V. If I apply in the next couple of days will they only start evaluating after 13th March?

­yes, applications are evaluated post each deadline.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
is there a wapp group?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Is there anyone who is faced with the decision of choosing between HEC and another school like IESE or Oxford?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Did anyone apply to the X-HEC data and finance double degree?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Did anyone receive this email from HEC after applying to R3
We are pleased to inform you that your application has been reviewed and passed to the HEC Paris admissibility jury members in Round 3.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Hello - I just received email from AO that my GMAT score is missing. However I have shared my official score through MBA.com 3 months back. since i have given GFE, there is no official report available. anyone faced a similar issue
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
paarth93, Did you upload the Screenshot from the official site ?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
tonmoybaruah31 wrote:
paarth93, Did you upload the Screenshot from the official site ?

Yes I did
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
paarth93, Does the SS have your GMAT Id and Score percentiles?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Yes it has
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Hello, does anyone have an HEC application waiver code?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Is there anyone who is applying to HEC in Round 4 applications, Also.is there anyone who has been accepted in round 1 and 2 ?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Hi everyone,
So I have applied for the Sep’24 intake on 13th March. Is there anyone in this group who is in the same boat ?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Aditya_Shiv wrote:
Hi everyone, So I have applied for the Sep’24 intake on 13th March. Is there anyone in this group who is in the same boat ?

Yes . I am also a R4 applicant
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Aditya_Shiv wrote:
Hi everyone, So I have applied for the Sep’24 intake on 13th March. Is there anyone in this group who is in the same boat ?

Me too! I haven’t heard back yet
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
devikamohole wrote:

Every application submitted after 28feb for hec is considered in round 4 ,their admissibility info( means wheather u invited for interview or not) will come in mid may , and students who applied before 28feb ,they are in round 3 ,their admissibility information will come on March 21st
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
mayanksinghal wrote:
Every application submitted after 28feb for hec is considered in round 4 ,their admissibility info( means wheather u invited for interview or not) will come in mid may , and students who applied before 28feb ,they are in round 3 ,their admissibility information will come on March 21st

I applied before the 13th March deadline which is R3. The decision is expected by 19th April as per the website. The website also mentions that interview would be conducted two weeks leading up to the final admissions jury. So by that logic I am assuming an invite to interview should come in the next couple of weeks. Is this inaccurate?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
devikamohole wrote:
I applied before the 13th March deadline which is R3. The decision is expected by 19th April as per the website. The website also mentions that interview would be conducted two weeks leading up to the final admissions jury. So by that logic I am assuming an invite to interview should come in the next couple of weeks. Is this inaccurate?

I am talking about MIM and other msc programs , If you’re applying for mba ,then it may be different
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
devikamohole wrote:

Hi Devi, Yes even I have applied for the MBA program.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
­Can anyone access the new HEC portal? I cannot find my submitted application anywhere. 
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
You won’t be able to access the new portal until 8th April I think. I could however access the old one a few days back. Check that maybe?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
hey guys does anyone knwo at what time shortlist results come out,
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Around 7pm ist
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Hi guys do you know at what time the admissibility results for master are being released?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Hi, did anyone get interview invites upon submitting the application in 13th March deadline - Jan ‘25 intake?

chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Has anybody received scholarship news for round 2 admits yet?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Heyyyy, has anyone received the email regarding the scholarship result yet for the recent Feb admission round?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
I just reviewed the mail with link to check for scholarship

chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
What is the avg % of scholarship received?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
hello guys, on thursday i’ll have the interview for the master in management and innovation, can anybody share some questions he/she got asked during the interview?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Hello
Anyone received a mail from HEC regarding an interview?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Nope, the adcom mentioned that maybe latest by next week end we will have our answers
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Got my interview invite for MBA on march 21st for R4. Based in NYC but Canadian.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
annercello wrote:
Got my interview invite for MBA on march 21st for R4. Based in NYC but Canadian.

Congrats!
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
received the interview invite for Sep’24 intake (MBA program)
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Hello - Anyone who got an admit into Jan 25 intake?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
slk00 wrote:
Hey, yes - it’s on the LinkedIn group if you’re invited to join! Posted from my mobile device

I have an admit for Sept’24 intake, could you please let me know how to get an invite
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
also anyone from India who has got an admit? Would love to connect with you
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Anyone who applied last month got interviewer information for mba?

chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Hello
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
anyone has completed an interview and can give me some heads up?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
I need some help too, anyone with an admit or completed interviews please share their experience
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Happy to help however i can. Please dm
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
i dm’d as well
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Feel free to dm. Completed both interviews this week.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Hello everyone,

I have been admitted to the September 2024 intake at HEC Paris. I am interested in connecting with my future classmates. If there is a https://gmatclub.com/chat group already created for the Sep-24 intake, please let me know. Thank you!
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Admitted students of September 2024 please DM me. I am happy to connect Thanks :)
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Hi - Anyone there? Awaiting revert, please do check and respond
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin