Last visit was: 26 Jul 2024, 16:53 It is currently 26 Jul 2024, 16:53
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Send PM
Re: Wharton [#permalink]
just_another_desi wrote:
Top100MBA.Club wrote:
just_another_desi wrote:
­27M Indian male. Graduated from NSIT. We have few folks in H/S/W each from my school.GMAT : 770 UG GPA : 8.21

Work experience: Swe in product company in India(1.5 years)

Swe in Amazon in London. Promoted once.(2.5 years)

Business engineer in Meta in London. Promoted once(1.5 years) (Worked with Meta clients to improve their experience, onboarded new clients amd helped increase revenue)

Volunteering:
- Lead Volunteer at a Cancer care foundation (Have a back story on why I joined this)
- Teaching programming in collaboration with a venture in Ghana.

Extra curricular: Diploma in History from Uni of Cambridge. Published a paper in tech and philosophy each.

Goals: Short term goal is Product management. Long term is to become a technology leader, CEO of a tech company?

My question is if I can target H/S/W realistically.

Solid profile overall. Long story short - Yes you can target H/S/W as dream schools with your profile but you must also keep some reach schools like Darden, Tuck, Ross etc.

One of my clients cracked Stanford in R1 2023 and two have cracked Wharton in the same cycle.

If you need my help with your applications, feel free to reach out.

Best,
Divesh
Founder & Managing Consultant
https://Top100MBA.Club
WAPP:+912231989175

Posted from my mobile device

­Hey, The thing is MBA isn't a neccessity for me. I've made a list of schools I'll apply, but I am not sure if I would go below them.
In addition to H/S/W, Colombia, Booth, and LBS are just the Unis I am targetting.

LBS is a sound bet. Columbia and Booth are almost equally as competitive as H/S/W.

I would still be willing to work with you. Let me know if you need my help for applying to these schools.

Best,
Divesh Chellani
Founder & Managing Consultant
https://Top100MBA.Club
WAPP:+912231989175
Experts' Global Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 303 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply

just_another_desi wrote:
­27M Indian male. Graduated from NSIT. We have few folks in H/S/W each from my school.GMAT : 770 UG GPA : 8.21

Business engineer in Meta in London. Promoted once(1.5 years) (Worked with Meta clients to improve their experience, onboarded new clients amd helped increase revenue)

Volunteering:
- Lead Volunteer at a Cancer care foundation (Have a back story on why I joined this)

Extra curricular: Diploma in History from Uni of Cambridge. Published a paper in tech and philosophy each.

Goals: Short term goal is Product management. Long term is to become a technology leader, CEO of a tech company?

­
Hello just_another_desi,

Thanks for sharing all the details.

You can absolutely target H/S/W with your existing profile; of course, how strong an application your put forward will determine your chances; but, on the face of it, you look like an ideal candidate! 

We agree with the comment above - even as you target H/S/W, try and spread your risk by applying to a few other US top ~10/15 schools.

Should you wish to discuss your prospects in greater detail, please feel free to get in touch with us for a profile evaluation session.

All the best!
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 724 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Concentration: Operations, Marketing
Send PM

just_another_desi wrote:

Volunteering:

­@just_another_desi A significant characteristic of individuals who make it to the top schools isn't just limited to what they have done with their time and career, but also how they can reflect on and speak about their actions more profoundly than the average applicants. Unfortunately, Indian SWEs carry the burden of being typecast as nerdy geeks with low social skills and a dearth of quality leadership experiences or community engagement work. If you are targeting an HSW, challenge this notion and create opposite typecasts to complement your solid GMAT score.

For your extracurricular, focus on demonstrating organizational skills rather than just contributing as a team member. How you may have organized and event or built a team of volunteers. Explain the hurdles you crossed, securing sponsors, funding, venues etc. Convey the impact of your work clearly. A diploma in History adds an interesting flair. Connect that to your personality type. 

Your Goals justification needs to be strong. Why can you not become a product manager now? Why do you need the very expensive HSW MBA for that (quite mindboggling honestly). You must showcase that your journey is toward a bigger goal, something that is not possible with your current skillset but that has not deterred you from trying either. While you will demonstrate where you are going with your current skills, substantiated by your achievements, highlight clearly the gaps, and then the HSW's superpower will become obvious to the evaluator when you talk about the specifics of what HSW offer (curriculum and otherwise). 

Get personalized advice tailored to your specific situation. Reach out to us if you need help navigating your unique circumstances in the B School admissions process. We do not cap discussion hours.

Best wishes
Aanchal Sahni (INSEAD alum, former INSEAD admissions interviewer)
Founder, MBAGuideConsulting
LinkedIn |WEBSITE: https://mbaguideconsulting.com/ | Message: +91 9971200927| email- mbaguideconsulting@gmail.com­­­
 ­
 ­

MBA and Beyond Consulting
Status:MBA Admissions Consulting from INSEAD, Wharton and Columbia graduates
Affiliations: INSEAD and Harvard
Own Kudos [?]: 393 [0]
Given Kudos: 43
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hello just_another_desi,

I hope you are doing good. You possess a highly competitive profile for targeting H/S/W programs. Your exceptional GMAT score (770), strong GPA (8.21), and diverse work experience at prestigious tech companies, including promotions, put you in a good position. Varied roles across software engineering, business engineering, and product management showcase your well-roundedness. International experience in London adds a global perspective.

Furthermore, your leadership in volunteering and academic achievements, like the Cambridge diploma and published papers, demonstrate your commitment to social impact and intellectual curiosity. Your clear career goals, aiming for product management and eventually CEO, highlight your ambition and focus.

Remember, admissions are holistic. Craft compelling essays and presentations that effectively showcase your unique story, motivations, and contributions. Connect with H/S/W alumni and current students for valuable insights. With your strong profile and dedicated preparation, you have a solid chance of success at these top programs.

Book a free profile evaluation call now with Alums and Current students of top B-schools!
Testimonials
Meet our Panel of Consultants.

Email: hasan@mbaandbeyond.com
MBA and Beyond
just_another_desi wrote:

Volunteering:

­­­­
The Red Pen Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [0]
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V42
Send PM
Expert Reply
just_another_desi wrote:

Volunteering:

­Hi just_another_desi,

HSW can get super competitive as the number of applications each year is on the rise. However, in your case, we need to position your profile in a differentiating manner as that will help you get admitted into your dream school. 

We at The Red Pen follow a rigorous process to help applicants with their applications to M7 and Tier 1 business schools. We recommend you schedule a brief call with our MBA consulting team who can audit your profile and help you understand your chances better with a roadmap to these schools. 

You can schedule your free call here
You can also connect with our team via call at +91 7780769732
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Profile:
BSc Business Administration and Management - Bocconi University
GPA: 27.04
Exchange: Nova Sbe
Work Experience: One internship in Administration and Finance division in a SMEs
NO GMAT

Choices:
Msc Administration, Financial Management and Control (AFC) - Bocconi University (taught in Italian )
MiM ESCP --> with finance specializations
MSc Finance and Accounting - Imperial College
Master of Arts in Accounting and Corporate Finance (MACfin) - St. Gallen
MSc Finance - Warwick Business School
MSc Finance - Dhuram
MSc Finance - Bayes Business School (City University of London)

Future Plan: Finance Field (IB, M&A, Wealth Management, Asset Management....)
Locations: Zurich, London, Milan..

Considering my profile and future goals, which program do you recommend in terms of reputation, prestige, and exit opportunities?

Alternatively, do you recommend any reputable alternatives that do not require the GMAT?

Thanks in Advance!!
The Red Pen Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [0]
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V42
Send PM
Expert Reply
Italic2024 wrote:
Profile:
Work Experience: One internship in Administration and Finance division in a SMEs
NO GMAT

Choices:
Msc Administration, Financial Management and Control (AFC) - Bocconi University (taught in Italian )
MSc Finance - Dhuram

Considering my profile and future goals, which program do you recommend in terms of reputation, prestige, and exit opportunities?

Alternatively, do you recommend any reputable alternatives that do not require the GMAT?

Thanks in Advance!!

Hi Italic2024,

You have an interesting profile. However, universities look for your overall profile as well as your short and long-term goals. We recommend having a conversation to understand in detail and further help you with the roadmap ahead.

Our Postgraduate consultants have helped several applicants submit successful applications to top business schools. You can schedule a free call with the team here.

You can also connect with the team via call at +91 7780769732­
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 413 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
Send PM
Expert Reply

Italic2024 wrote:
Profile:
NO GMAT

Choices:
MSc Finance - Dhuram

Thanks in Advance!!

Hey, Italic2024

­Thank you for your post!

With your academic background in Business Administration and Management from Bocconi University and a strong interest in advancing your career in the finance sector, you've laid a solid foundation for your future aspirations. Your GPA is not that clear please put in a scale of 1-4 or 1-10. Your exchange experience at Nova Sbe and your internship in the Administration and Finance division of an SME speak volumes about your dedication and ability to navigate the complexities of the business world. Moreover, for a more in-depth evaluation, you need to add your GMAT score.
Given your future plans in the finance field, including interests in IB, M&A, Wealth Management, and Asset Management, and your preference for locations, it's paramount to select a program that not only has a strong reputation and prestige but also provides excellent exit opportunities into these highly competitive sectors.

Considering these factors, the MSc Administration, Financial Management and Control at Bocconi University emerges as a compelling option, particularly because it's taught in Italian, which might give you a linguistic edge in Milan and its vibrant financial sector. Bocconi's strong alumni network and its recognition in the finance industry, especially within Europe, make it a potent choice for someone with your background and aspirations.

For broader international exposure and to leverage London's financial hub, the MSc Finance and Accounting at Imperial College London offers an immersive curriculum that aligns with your goals in IB, M&A, and Asset Management. Imperial College's global reputation, coupled with its proximity to London's financial district, provides unparalleled access to industry leaders and recruiters.

Schools and programs increasingly value diverse elements of an applicant's profile, such as practical experience, academic achievements, and personal attributes. Make sure to align your profile likewise. Your preference for geographical location should guide the choice between Bocconi, St. Gallen, and Imperial College London, the specific nuances of each program's curriculum, and the opportunities for networking and career advancement they offer. 

Sorry for the long answer; I hope this helps! :)

Cheers!

Abhyank
Founder & CEO 
BOOK A FREE CALL
MBA and Masters Admissions Consulting

Customer Reviews|Profile Evaluation|School Explorer
Contact us: +91-8448224865  ­
GMAT Club Bot