Last visit was: 26 Jul 2024, 16:28 It is currently 26 Jul 2024, 16:28
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 610 Q41 V33
GMAT 2: 480 Q31 V25
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 1338 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 22730 [0]
Given Kudos: 286
Send PM
Re: Strategies to improve my GMAT Score (610 to 700+) [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Hi ManavMistry,

I think your plan is solid! If you want any additional advice, feel free to reach out to us on live chat.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11802 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi ManavMistry,

Before I can offer you any additional advice for your studies, it would help if you could provide a bit more information on how you've been studying and your goals:

1) On what date did you take your 2 Official GMATs?
2) How long have you studied in total? How many hours do you typically study each week?
3) On what dates (or approximate dates) did you take EACH of your CATs/mocks and how did you score on EACH (including the Quant and Verbal Scaled Scores for EACH)?
4) When are you planning to apply to Business School and what Schools are you planning to apply to?

If you took your 2nd Official GMAT at a Test Center, then you might also choose to purchase the Enhanced Score Report. While the ESR doesn’t provide a lot of information, there are usually a few data points that we can use to define what went wrong on Test Day (and what you should work on to score higher). If you purchase the ESR, then I'll be happy to analyze it for you.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich

Contact Rich at: Rich.C@empowergmat.com
www.empowergmat.com
Intern
Intern
Send PM
EMPOWERgmatRichC wrote:
Hi ManavMistry,

Before I can offer you any additional advice for your studies, it would help if you could provide a bit more information on how you've been studying and your goals:

1) On what date did you take your 2 Official GMATs?
2) How long have you studied in total? How many hours do you typically study each week?
3) On what dates (or approximate dates) did you take EACH of your CATs/mocks and how did you score on EACH (including the Quant and Verbal Scaled Scores for EACH)?
4) When are you planning to apply to Business School and what Schools are you planning to apply to?

If you took your 2nd Official GMAT at a Test Center, then you might also choose to purchase the Enhanced Score Report. While the ESR doesn’t provide a lot of information, there are usually a few data points that we can use to define what went wrong on Test Day (and what you should work on to score higher). If you purchase the ESR, then I'll be happy to analyze it for you.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich

Contact Rich at: Rich.C@empowergmat.com
www.empowergmat.com

Hi!

1) I took the first official test on 8th April 2023 (with a very weak 2 months of prep, with unclear concepts)
The second official test was on 21st October 2023 ( with roughly 3.5 months of prep, with better concept clarity)

2) I have studied for roughly 295-300 hours till now. More than 12 hours per week.

3) I took 6 official mocks between the last week of September and third week of October. 2-3 days gap in between 2 mocks to analyse and work on the weak areas.
Scores started with 530 and went up till 690.

4) I'm planning to apply in ISB, India as of now. I'm targeting Round 3 which ends on 21st January 2024. I have to take my 3rd official test before that date.

Yes, I do have an ESR for my 2nd official test. How and where should I send it to you?

Thanks for the reply. I got caught up with stuff, that is the reason for responding so late to your reply.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
ScottTargetTestPrep wrote:
Hi ManavMistry,

I think your plan is solid! If you want any additional advice, feel free to reach out to us on live chat.

Hi Scott!

I'd love to reach out on live chat. Please tell me when will you be available for the same?
I'm in the Indian time zone, just to let you know.
Tutor
Own Kudos [?]: 107 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V45
Send PM
Expert Reply
ManavMistry wrote:
Hello!

I am taking a third GMAT attempt in mid-January 2024. Currently I have a score of 610 (Q41 V33) and I wish to cross the 700 mark.

To score a 610, I used Target Test Prep, Manhattan Prep All the Verbal book, GMAT Official Guide and GMAT Official Practice Tests 1 to 6.

Considering today, I have a month and a half to improve my score.

I'm seeking advice/suggestions regarding the strategies and prep material I can utilise for the score improvement.

I'm going to continue using TTP's material as i have certain chapter tests left unsolved, same for OG.
What else do you guys recommend?
Please advise.

Thanks!

A key step now is to analyze your 610 score in detail. Identify the areas, especially in Quant and Verbal, where you're losing points. Is it certain types of questions? Time management? Once you've pinpointed these, focus on practicing questions across different difficulty levels in these areas.

Remember, it's not just about practicing more questions, but also understanding why you're getting them wrong. This analysis will help you avoid similar mistakes in the future.
Tutor
Affiliations: RetaketheGMAT by i4Excellence
Own Kudos [?]: 58 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi Manav,

You've got a lot of hours of prep under your belt. Unfortunately, repeating the same process again isn't going to be very efficient at getting you to your target score. The truth is the practice problem/ practice test cycle drops drastically in effectiveness UNLESS you know exactly where your gaps are. It could be concepts but most likely there's equally big gaps in advanced skills and test taking approach. It's hard to diagnose it yourself, a coach who looks at your gaps in 'test-like conditions' can accelerate that process.

Our free diagnostic session with a live coach might help. Let me know if your interested and we can setup a quick intro call to set it up.
GMAT Club Bot