Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 11:11 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 11:11

Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Feb 19, 24
Online with Student
Interviewed on:
Feb 19, 24
"It was a very nice experience. The interviewer was very friendly, and the interview was very conversational. It lasted roughly 50 minutes. These were the questions that were asked: - Introduction - What kind of team do you work with best? What kind of roles do you shine the most? - Long Term Goals & Short Term Goals? - Why MBA? Why Booth? Why now? - A person whom you have met who has broadened your horizon? - How do you juggle multiple priorities? - Anything you wanna tell us which any of the questions couldn’t cover? - Any questions for me? The only advice I can give to future applicants is to think of it as more of a conversation rather than an interview. Don't overprepare - as that might make you robotic, instead think of it like talking to a friend who is curious about why you are doing an MBA or what are your plans. You know your life, you can answer any question that will be asked. Make it like a conversation and you will do just fine. That's what I did and my interview was better than I could have ever imagined. All the best, y'all! :)"
4 years
India
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Feb 19, 24
On Campus with Student
Interviewed on:
Feb 16, 24
Final Decision:
Interviewed
"The interview was on-campus with a 2nd year MBA student. The interview was blind and it was pretty conversational. The total time was about 45 mins with some time at the end for questions. 1. Tell me about yourself. 2. How do you prioritize among conflicting tasks? 3. How do you ask for help? 4. Why MBA? Why now? 5. Why Booth? 6. Tell me about a time when someone disagreed with you. How do you resolve it? 7. How do you motivate others?"
Malaysia
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Feb 15, 24
Online with Alumni
Interviewed on:
Feb 15, 24
"Interviewed with an alum based in Southeast Asia. Structure: (1) Intro/Tell me more about yourself - What do you exactly do in your career? - What makes someone excel in your career? (2) Behavioral questions - TMAT when you motivate a team - TMAT when you receive feedback - TMAT when you lead a team - Do you have any role model? (3) Why MBA and how it ties to your ST and LT goals (4) Why Booth (5) Anything you want to highlight? (6) Questions to the interviewer Casual and conversational. Overall pleasant experience!"
This user wants to stay Private
Indonesia
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Feb 11, 24
Online with Alumni
Interviewed on:
Feb 6, 24
"1. Tell me about yourself 2. Why MBA, why now? 3. Why Booth? Some follow-up questions about my conversations with alumni and students I mentioned (since I spoke to 5 people from Booth) and a question on how I found these people. 4. ST/LT goals 5. How will Booth help you achieve your goals? 6. Tell me about a time you convinced your peers of your idea 7. Follow up: 3 words your supervisor would describe you? 8. Tell me about a time you asked for help 9. What activities would you engage at Booth? 10. Anything you wanna share? (I did share a hobby and my involvement in the community) 11. Questions for interviewer (with some follow up chat about school/Chicago life)"
6 years
Viet Nam
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Nov 1, 23
Off Campus with Alumni
Interviewed on:
Oct 25, 23
"Hey guys, heres my interview debrief (done with alum in a hub city, in-person) - 1hr duration 1- Quick intro 2- Career aspirations 3- Why MBA, Why Booth, Why now 4- How do you ask for help? How do you help others? 5- Tell me about a time when you had a conflict that you needed to overcome 6- What got you interested in this field? 7- What do you want to get out of booth + give back 8- Asking more details on my resume 9- What kind of impact do you want to leave behind 10- What have you grown most in over the course of your professional career? 11- If you don’t get in what will you be doing next year? 12- Anything else you want to discuss"
India
Booth Evening MBA
Debrief posted on  Oct 27, 23
On Campus with Student
Interviewed on:
Oct 20, 23
Final Decision:
Admitted
"The interview was at on-campus with a current student. On arrival, talked with adcom and he helped with settling down. Interviewer arrived shortly after, and then got started. Interviewer was pretty warm, introduced himself and his profile, and then told me there will be some behavioral questions. 1. Take me through your resume 2. Why MBA/Booth/Program 3. Talk about work experience/challenging situation 4. Other challenges/risk outside of work 5. ST/LT goals and how MBA fits in 6. Extra curriculars and questions It went pretty well, and took around 42 minutes. I was not sure how well I did, but left on a good note."
6 years
India
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Oct 26, 23
On Campus with Student
Interviewed on:
Oct 26, 23
""1- Introduce yourself 2- Tell me about a time when you had to motivate your team 3- Any other instance where used similar strategy to motivate your team 4- How do you handle multiple priorities at the same time. 5- Why MBA? Why now? 6- Short and long term career goals? 7- Why Booth and how do you think it will help you reach your goals? 8- Anything else you want to discuss or ask the interviewer" Interview was very conversational and very accomodating."
India
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Oct 25, 23
Online with Alumni
Interviewed on:
Oct 25, 23
"1- Introduce yourself 2- Short and long term career goals 3- Why MBA 4- Tell me about a time when you had to motivate your team 5- Tell me about a time when you had a challenge that you needed to overcome 6- Tell me about a time when you had to influence someone above your level 7- Why Booth 8- Which non-professional activities would you want to participate 9- Anything else you want to discuss 10- Questions for interviewer"
Brazil
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Oct 23, 23
Online with Alumni
Interviewed on:
Oct 23, 23
Final Decision:
Interviewed
"- walk me through your resume - tell me about a time you had to motivate a team to achieve an objective through uncertainty - why would you want to pursue an MBA at this time? - why Booth & career goals - tell me about how you want to be engaged at Booth - tell me about a time you had to had to choose one between two non-conflicting yet important priorities. What did you learn from it? - what would you consider your major weakness and what have you learned from it? - Is there anything else you'd like me to note about your candidacy? - do you have any questions for me that'd strengthen your decision to chose Booth? Duration: 52mins."
4.5 years
Nigeria
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Feb 20, 23
Interviewed on:
Feb 17, 23
Final Decision:
Interviewed
"It was a very standard interview. It was with a current student who worked in admissions. She asked me: Walk me through your resume Why MBA Why can't you accomplish what you want without an MBA What are the criteria on which you selected schools, and why Booth in particular? Short term goals, long term goals How will Booth help you achieve these ST/LT goals A time you had to ask for help A time when you had to engage with someone with an opposing opinion, and how did you approach it She went into quite a bit of depth on the behavioural questions Then she asked me if there was anything else I wanted to share, so I talked about one diversity program I worked on because it was one of my resume "hero points" that had not yet come up Then she asked if I had questions for her. I was able to ask pretty specific questions ebcause she had shared information about herself in the interview process also. This part was very conversational and I felt that we were really vibing, so it was a nice way to end the interview."
4.9 years
India
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Feb 18, 23
Interviewed on:
Feb 18, 23
Final Decision:
Interviewed
"Hello all, just finished my interview with an alumn. It was quite conversational. We finished in exactly an hour. Questions were: 1. Introduce yourself 2. what is your ideal team and what role do you play 3. personally what has been your area of growth in the last few years - We somehow led to introspections which led to this question 4. Why MBA, why now, and what are your goals 5. Why booth These questions took about 35-40 mins. For the remaining 20 mins he answered some of my questions"
Goutham
7 years
Ireland
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Feb 17, 23
Off Campus with Student
Interviewed on:
Feb 14, 23
"Why MBA Why now (a few follow ups) Why Booth (had to insert my ST/LT goals) What's the biggest weakness I wish to plug at Booth TMAT I had to motivate a team TMAT I had a conflict (follow ups)"
India
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Feb 17, 23
Interviewed on:
Feb 16, 23
Final Decision:
Admitted
"Hey guys! So I had my interview with a second year student on Zoom. After exchanging Hellos, we talked about the weather for next 2-3 minutes. It was a great ice breaker. (Chicago weather is worth talking about) The next 45 minutes were questions one after the other but it never felt rushed. My interviewer was very patient. He asked me about my resume, time when I motivated a team, when I helped someone and received help, biggest professional achievement, follow up questions on my answers, LT and ST goals and what inspired me to have these goals, why MBA, why now, why Booth, courses I am particularly interested in at Booth, how will I contribute to Booth. I also took pauses after the questions because I didn’t want to sound overly rehearsed and I guess it’s only human to think of relevant situations for every question and then answer. The last 15 minutes were all about understanding his experience at Booth, Chicago city and the food there! His international trips with Boothies, some of the school’s traditions etc. All in all it was a very warm and comfortable interview experience. Hope this helps. All the best :)"
3.7 years
India
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Feb 15, 23
Interviewed on:
Feb 8, 23
Final Decision:
Denied with Interview
"The interview was great. It was with an alum- 2022 pass out- Director of a private equity firm. 1. Walk me thru your CV/career. 2. Leadership style 3. How do you empathize with people 4. Why MBA now.- STG and LTG, why energy club? 5. Why Booth 6. Any you would like to add? 7. Any questions?"
Full Time MBA
Off Campus with Alumni
Interviewed on:
Feb 15, 23
Final Decision:
Waitlisted with Interview
"Just had my Booth interview, off-campus with an alum. Was super friendly and conversational, went through my resume and tangential questions around it, my goals, why mba and why booth. Went for 1hr45mins, but honestly didn’t feel the time and we discussed a lot of random things as well such as my views on the economy and even geopolitics. Make sure you are well-informed in general and have planned your concentrations and electives for Booth, and why the Chicago Approach makes sense for you. Look at it as a conversation with an interested peer who wants to understand your journey, rather than an interview."
India
Full Time MBA
Interviewed on:
Feb 14, 23
Final Decision:
Interviewed
"Just had my Booth interview, off-campus with an alum. Was super friendly and conversational, went through my resume and tangential questions around it, my goals, why mba and why booth. Went for 1hr45mins, but honestly didn’t feel the time and we discussed a lot of random things as well such as my views on the economy and even geopolitics. Make sure you are well-informed in general and have planned your concentrations and electives for Booth, and why the Chicago Approach makes sense for you. Look at it as a conversation with an interested peer who wants to know your journey, rather than an interview."
Full Time MBA
Interviewed on:
Feb 10, 23
Final Decision:
Admitted
"I also just had mine virtually - second year student. Questions are basic - why mba, why booth, longterm shortterm goal. She also focus on how I interact in a conflict situation and constructive feedback. Went 40 mins. I cant really tell how it went actually since she kept it very professional"
Full Time MBA
Interviewed on:
Feb 10, 23
Final Decision:
Interviewed
"Just finished my on-campus interview today. Super friendly second year interviewer. The questions asked were "very-very-untraditional" in a sense that she did not ask me anything about why MBA nor why Booth, not even how I contribute to booth, but threw me about 7 different behavioral questions. The vibe was super nice though. Everything flowed and before I paid attention to the time 55 mins passed by. I dont know man, was it a red flag or the questions been asked were pure random. But man, 7 behavioral questions, there were definitely something else going on. Good luck everyone."
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Dec 28, 22
Interviewed on:
Oct 28, 22
Final Decision:
Denied with Interview
"Interview atmosphere was relaxed, and definitely very conversational! Nothing radically surprising that popped up during the interview. See below for questions: 1. Walk me through your resume. 2. How do you prioritize your time? (Follow up: how will you prioritise your time between academics, networking and social life at Booth?) 3. What are you most proud of? 4. Tell me about a time when you fell short. 5. Tell me about a time you motivated a team. 6. You could pursue IB without an MBA. So why MBA? 7. Why MBA? 8. Why Booth? 9. Any questions for me?"
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Oct 31, 22
Interviewed on:
Oct 28, 22
Final Decision:
Admitted
"Had mine today, ofcourse the obvious goals, why mba, why this school, but also dived into leadership, self evaluation, leading teams, approach to learning, so on, went roughly 50 minutes, semi informal, and very conversational (which makes it harder to judge how it went tbh)"