Stanford GSB
Full Time MBA
AppliedJan 3, 24
Round 2
6 months ago
20 Dec 2023 04:12
(All applications in round 2 this year)

Nationality: Indian

Education: Bachelor’s in computer science and engineering from a State University (Grade: 63.5/100)

GMAT: 770 (Q 51, V 45, IR 8, AWA 6)

Work Experience: 6 years (7 years by the start of MBA)

Current Role: Senior Manager – Product Management at a HCL Technologies

I am currently working as a Senior Manager - Product Management. I have seen exponential growth in my career and received back-to-back promotions for the past 3 years. The role I am currently working in requires an MBA and an average of 8-10 years of work experience at my company. I was the youngest Deputy Manager, Youngest Manager, and now the Youngest Senior Manager in the organization with 250,000 + employees.
I manage a team of 7 Product Managers and Associate Product Managers who are all MBA for Elite Business Schools in India. I currently manage a suite of Products with an Annual Recurring Revenue of 100 M $+.

My previous roles have been: Product Manager, and Presales Consultant.

International Experience:
The role I was hired for was a UK based role, but to COVID and some medical complications I wasn’t able to move to UK back then and have been working in WFH mode. However, my entire team sits in UK and US and my daily work involves collaboration with both the geographies on a daily basis.

Extracurriculars:
Been in leadership roles since my childhood
Held leadership roles in school (Captain)
Was General Secretary at the university
and Head of Fashion Club at my University

Additionally, I am a State level Cricket and Handball player

I also am a Director at an NGO aimed to help underprivileged children get access to basic education and have helped more than 5000 children till date.

Start-up Experience:

Recently, I have set foundations of a start-up that includes a mobile app and wearables that could help ensure a Safe and Secure society to live in for Everyone (with special focus on the women safety).
I am also co-founder of a Spices business

Post MBA Goal:
Work in a Consulting role for Big 3 and get well versed in the nuances of Business.
Long term goal will be to focus on creating Social Start-ups, aimed to bring positive changes in the society and providing employment and educational opportunities to underprivileged sections.
Comments 7 comments
12 Oct 2023, 09:51
Amazing job with your career and profile.
Perhaps a bit GMAT-poor for the caliber of schools you have picked. I traditionally see 750+ applicants getting in and I hope they will notice your profile among the flood of others. If your score does not really stand out, and you have a bit of time, one trick has been to take the GRE or EA so you are not judged as harshly and now potentially take the GMAT Focus. Otherwise, I think you are hitting all the right points - having a strong career is the best/greatest asset.

-BB
20 Dec 2023, 01:55
@bb: Score update - Got 770 Q51 V45 IR8 AWA6
12 Oct 2023, 09:55
Being from an overrepresented demographic and having below median GMAT score, you need to have a solid relook at your target schools. H/W/S/Booth are not know for taking in tech professionals a lot of them focus on Finance / Consulting / Corporate profiles with some solid undergrad pedigree. Plus being from an overrepresented pool the competition itself is tougher. Would recommend you work with someone who knows the application process so that you can better shortlist schools. Schools like Foster, Fischer, Kelley, Vanderbilt, ND who do a decent job with tech recruitment can be a good starting point.
12 Oct 2023, 09:57
I saw the ESR and maybe it was a bad day with CR (91%), SC (83%), and RC (44%). RC was pretty disappointing as it never had been my weak areas. So, i am planning a reattempt in 10-15 days. In all OG mocks too my score was constant 760, and i also gave e-gmat mocks where scores fluctuate between 730-50.
12 Oct 2023, 10:02
Bad days happen more often than good days unfortunately. Totally makes sense to retake.

ESR can be a bit deceiving. You may get easy CR and easy SC but then a hard RC and that will sue your statistics and make it not really representative or helpful, pushing you into a wrong direction sometimes so trust your gut. Also, sometimes time pressure can get a better view on reading comprehension and have a subpar result.
14 Oct 2023, 12:44
You have a strong profile with several impressive accomplishments that make you a competitive candidate for top MBA programs. Your strong career progression, quantifiable achievements, leadership, and involvement in extracurricular activities are impressive. To improve your chances of admission, focus on crafting compelling essays and showcasing how your background and goals align with the values and strengths of each specific program. Additionally, strong recommendation letters that highlight your accomplishments and potential can further boost your application. Good luck with your MBA applications!
20 Dec 2023, 04:59
Waouh your profile is so inspiring. Great job