4 months ago
Kelley
Full Time MBA
AppliedJan 5, 24
DeniedMar 1, 24
Round 2
4 months ago
21 May 2024 05:05
Considering my wealth of experience in senior and middle management positions across the Engineering, Procurement, Construction, and Telecommunications sectors, I believe that I can build a thriving career as a management consultant. I’ve driven projects worth 133,720,256 USD that have transformed the rail and road infrastructure in India. As a management consultant, I wish to tackle global projects that involve infrastructure transformation, urban development, logistics, and transportation solutions. I believe an MBA from IVY league college will provide me with the necessary impetus for me to secure this role. Eventually, gaining global exposure through varied consulting projects, I plan to start my firm that collaborates with government/ public sector offerings to improve public infrastructure sustainably.

While my domain expertise is strong due to my hands-on experience across projects, a structured management education is necessary for me to compartmentalize my knowledge and apply it to various use cases my clients present to me. IVY league college’s cutting-edge curriculum which includes subjects such as “Strategic Leadership” and “Strategic Brand Management”, faculty, and exposure will ensure I have the right skill set to secure my desired roles and succeed in my subsequent career.
Comments 3 comments
20 May 2024, 09:13
Aziz8045 - Fellow Indian engineering male here and planning to apply in 2025 intake. Would love to pick your brain
21 May 2024, 01:00
Great score. Yet the dings :-( suggest that there was something else that worried the schools you applied to. One aspect could be your tenured experience, but then there have been candidates with similar tenure who made it to different schools. You may wish to revisit your entire strategy and turn it on its head. - Dee (MBA admissions consultant and management consultant)
21 May 2024, 05:29
HI, I hope what you posted is not an excerpt from your real goals essay? I say this because this sounds somewhat mechanical and not coming from the heart and driven by passion. Although, I have no doubt from your description above that you have some very exciting stories to tell. Sometimes one's essay writing can lead to unfortunate results, but that can be changed with coaching and guidance.
That said, you are on the higher side of work experience. If you plan to apply this year, select programs where your current work exp will fit better with the class profile.
Namita Garg,
Founder, MBA Decoder
Email: contact@mbadecoder.com
Reach out to us for a profile evaluation