Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 07:03 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 07:03

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11669 [1]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 11669 [1]
Send PM
Re: 460 GMAT :-( huh I feel defeated...for now [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
Hi happy098,

If you're comfortable with the idea that you can 'dump' a few tough questions on Test Day (and not wast any time trying to answer them), then you should be able to free up some significant time that you can then spend on the 'gettable' questions. As such, you could conceivably retest in 16 days and score 500+. In the meantime, you should review your most recent CAT(s) and take a good look at the questions that you got wrong - how many of them COULD you have actually gotten correct? Those missed opportunities are the areas that you need to work on to pick up those missing points.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Yes I'm comfortable with the idea. I also just realized that the test is not about how many questions u get right but more about what u get right. Do u have any more tips...Or advice?

Posted from my mobile device
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 11669 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi happy098,

It's often difficult to implement lots of changes at once, so you should start with what we've discussed so far. On your next CAT, you should plan to dump a few questions in BOTH the Quant and Verbal sections - and let's see how you perform on that CAT overall.

Rich
Intern
Intern
Send PM
460 GMAT :-( huh I feel defeated...for now [#permalink]
UPDATE 2/17/17

**So I been studying for the GMAT ( on and off starting January 5,2017 until NOW 2/17/17) AND I have made little progress I am now consistently testing 490-500 RANGE

GOAL is 550

I will be honest I do not have a set study schedule SMH but I try to study when I can.
I'm discovering I have lots of weakness of of course but my biggest factor is TIME in VERBAL...I struggle mainly with R/C and lose many point because of this . Due to timing issue in Verbal I tend to rush towards the end on question if I wasn't rushing I could have got right.

What can I do people I have no set test date because I have flexibility w/ time but I would like to put this thing behind me so I can apply to graduate schools.

Suggestions
Like what type of Study schedule should I use? I do not want something so vigorous I cant do it ( i need a break occasionally but I do not mind studying several times a week)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3022 [0]
Given Kudos: 85
Send PM
happy098 wrote:
UPDATE 2/17/17

**So I been studying for the GMAT ( on and off starting January 5,2017 until NOW 2/17/17) AND I have made little progress I am now consistently testing 490-500 RANGE

GOAL is 550

I will be honest I do not have a set study schedule SMH but I try to study when I can.
I'm discovering I have lots of weakness of of course but my biggest factor is TIME in VERBAL...I struggle mainly with R/C and lose many point because of this . Due to timing issue in Verbal I tend to rush towards the end on question if I wasn't rushing I could have got right.

What can I do people I have no set test date because I have flexibility w/ time but I would like to put this thing behind me so I can apply to graduate schools.

Suggestions
Like what type of Study schedule should I use? I do not want something so vigorous I cant do it ( i need a break occasionally but I do not mind studying several times a week)

Hi happy098,

Quote:
Due to timing issue in Verbal I tend to rush towards the end on question if I wasn't rushing I could have got right.

Following post might help you

everything-you-need-to-know-about-time-management

Thanks.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 11669 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi happy098,

After taking each CAT, it's remarkably important to do a full review of the CAT, so you can define WHY you're getting questions wrong (and define the areas that you need to work on).

After reviewing the Quant and Verbal sections, how many questions did you get wrong....
1) Because of a silly/little mistake?
2) Because there was some math/verbal that you just could not remember how to do?
3) Because the question was too hard?
4) Because you were low on time and had to guess?

Rich
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Founder
37320 posts