Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 20:28 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 20:28

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [3]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools: Mays '16 (WA)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Concentration: Operations, International Business
GMAT 1: 560 Q43 V25
GPA: 3.53
WE:Supply Chain Management (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 43 [1]
Given Kudos: 14
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Send PM
Re: 580 to 700 -- A journey! [#permalink]
@positiveretaker : Thanks :)
It's good to know that you believe you can break the 700 barrier. Especially after the first attempt I had doubts about my ability.

One thing I'd tell, from my experience, is that having a goal of final score, say 720 or 740, is good but make sure what are your target scores for Q and V too. When I reviewed my first few practice attempts I realized my Verbal and Quant scores fluctuated crazy even though I scored 670+

Quant definitely is a notch higher than what I have solved in OG 12, but your approach matters most during the test. Though I never used any advanced resources for Quant, I believe there are good resources such as GMATClub tests or MGMAT Advanced for tougher questions. What I really looked at my subsequent attempts is how best to solve a problem in less than 2 mins and utilize the alternate approaches. So I'd suggest pick the OG 12/13 or any official resource and try to solve a single question with different approaches. GMAT Club has almost all the official questions answered. Spend time on refining your approach before you hit those advanced materials, assuming you are trying for 49+ in Quant.

eGMAT, helped me reinforce my CR concepts, but the breakthrough was in SC. They've a pretty good framework to approach SCs, and SC unlike RC is something that can be conquered easily. Stick as close to Official material as possible for your verbal prep, there isn't much deviation in the difficulty level. I used the GMAT Prep Question pack 1 for my verbal prep and it helped me quite a bit.

Feel free to reply/PM for further questions!

positiveretaker wrote:
hey aadygo...First off Congratulations on a great score...yes...after all the effort you put in...its a fantastic score :)

could you please give me a few insights tht will be useful to me. I wrote the exam on the same day u did and ended up with a 560 (Q 43, V25), despite getting consistent 680's on all my mocks. M throughly devastated and would like to know the difficulty of quant questions u faced during all ua GMAT's and how did e-GMAT's score help u with CR. Please do let me know, m gunning for a 700 score and m sure i can do it. How tough was verbal for you on the main exam?

And Happy Partying :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Send PM
@sandeeepsharma: Thanks!!

Unfortunately I don't have the metrics of Official Questions before I signed up for eGMAT, but I have stats of MGMAT tests (before) and OG 12 and Verbal 2nd Ed. stats (After). I hope it helps.

Before (Source: MGMAT Tests):
RC: 38%; SC: 62%; CR: 77%

After (Source: OG 12 and verbal 2nd ed tracker)
RC: ~73%; CR: 86%; SC: ~83%

sandeeepsharma wrote:
Hey congrates for crossing 700 barrier.
Quote:
Sentence Correction: Just did the ones in OG 12 and Verbal. Carefully applied the eGMAT process. It worked pretty well for me. Got about 82% questions right. Trashed that 1000SC!

what about the accuracy in other verbal areas before and after preperation
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Founder
37311 posts