Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 07:49 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 07:49

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
GMAT Date: 12-05-2013
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
Schools: ISB '15 (A)
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V39
WE:General Management (Hospitality and Tourism)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q51 V34
GPA: 3.2
Send PM
Re: Big dream/Poor profile [#permalink]
Kudos
I am no expert but I believe I can give you some of tips or useless knowledge that you may or may not use...

1, No connect between pre/post MBA career is big weakness. Make it connected.
2, Money can be a problem. However, as long as you have permanent residency in U.S. you can solve problem through student loan.. Focus on maintaining good credit score.
3, You seem to have a attractive package but looks a bit too humble. Have a can do attitude.
4, You will try as much as you want and you will achieve as much as you try.

Again, I am no expert. So, if anybody knows better than me then.. I am okay to get corrected. :)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
ppamatt wrote:
I am no expert but I believe I can give you some of tips or useless knowledge that you may or may not use...

1, No connect between pre/post MBA career is big weakness. Make it connected.
2, Money can be a problem. However, as long as you have permanent residency in U.S. you can solve problem through student loan.. Focus on maintaining good credit score.
3, You seem to have a attractive package but looks a bit too humble. Have a can do attitude.
4, You will try as much as you want and you will achieve as much as you try.

Again, I am no expert. So, if anybody knows better than me then.. I am okay to get corrected. :)

You are absolutely correct on my post mba goal and reason for doing mba.Also i am not a resident of US, i stay in India.

I would like to start a production company and a Theater group basically who can work for Social cause(NGO), it will be more of taking government projects.

MBA will add a value in my resume moreover it will give me an exposure to the international market to get connected with right network.

Secondly as far as the diversity in the class is concern i will be the right candidate almost all the students will learn from me.For example i am very extrovert, expressive , how to attract people who are walking on road etc. Most importantly i have worked for many social causes just to make people more aware and attentive without any money.

Finally yes i want to do mba to earn money because a project wont just work on willingness it would need money.\\

And yes i understand ivey would be difficult, i am open to quality programs and not just ivey.

Thank you would love to hear your response.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 720 Q51 V49
GPA: 3.8
WE:Corporate Finance (Consulting)
Send PM
Hi,

The question is why you want to earn an MBA at this stage? How will an MBA help to achieve your dreams/goals? If you are clear on these then it’s achievable.

Regards
Erina

PlanetEarth wrote:
What if someone at the age of 25years with no relevant work ex wants to make it into the ivy league. He is an Artist and has done theater shows(Stage/Street acting) from past 4 years. MBA with this profile looks impossible and stupid. So he started preparing for GMAT and got 720+ in mocks, he wants to take GMAT but still thinking to pay around 15k INR for the exam is it worth to take a shot?

He also dosent have good grades in graduation(44% out of 100) and has done it through distance learning, moreover he belongs to a below middle class family where people need good and extra ordinary reasons to study . Reason for MBA- Has learned to work hard in those 4 years and wants to get a good job and settle down.Now what should he do? Has anyone converted any top US bschool with this kind of background??

10th= 50%
12th= 66%
Graduation= 44% Bachelor in commerce Pass( Two reasons for doing grad. through distance learning one poor score so unable to make a cut in good government colleges, had no money to study in Private universities).

From school days he acted on number of street shows,so even after graduation he persuaded the same profession.But day by day its becoming difficult to survive as the per month income is too low.

Any suggestion/guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks
Manager
Manager
Send PM
ErinaApphelp105 wrote:
Hi,

The question is why you want to earn an MBA at this stage? How will an MBA help to achieve your dreams/goals? If you are clear on these then it’s achievable.

Regards
Erina

PlanetEarth wrote:
What if someone at the age of 25years with no relevant work ex wants to make it into the ivy league. He is an Artist and has done theater shows(Stage/Street acting) from past 4 years. MBA with this profile looks impossible and stupid. So he started preparing for GMAT and got 720+ in mocks, he wants to take GMAT but still thinking to pay around 15k INR for the exam is it worth to take a shot?

He also dosent have good grades in graduation(44% out of 100) and has done it through distance learning, moreover he belongs to a below middle class family where people need good and extra ordinary reasons to study . Reason for MBA- Has learned to work hard in those 4 years and wants to get a good job and settle down.Now what should he do? Has anyone converted any top US bschool with this kind of background??

10th= 50%
12th= 66%
Graduation= 44% Bachelor in commerce Pass( Two reasons for doing grad. through distance learning one poor score so unable to make a cut in good government colleges, had no money to study in Private universities).

From school days he acted on number of street shows,so even after graduation he persuaded the same profession.But day by day its becoming difficult to survive as the per month income is too low.

Any suggestion/guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks
[/quote

My post mba goal and reason for doing mba.

I would like to start a production company and a Theater group basically who can work for Social cause(NGO), it will be more of taking government projects.

MBA will add a value in my resume moreover it will give me an exposure to the international market to get connected with right network.

Secondly as far as the diversity in the class is concern i will be the right candidate almost all the students will learn from me.For example i am very extrovert, expressive , how to attract people who are walking on road etc. Most importantly i have worked for many social causes just to make people more aware and attentive without any money.

Finally yes i want to do mba to earn money because a project wont just work on willingness it would need money.\\

And yes i understand ivey would be difficult, i am open to quality programs and not just ivey.

Thank you would love to hear your response.
GMAT Club Bot