Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 05:11 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 05:11

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 98 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Director
Director
Send PM
[#permalink]
I don't have any stats for you, but I think your GMAT score is right around the average for the school so you should be fine.

I do know that most people get scholarships, they're pretty good about that. They are flush w/ cash.
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 332 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
johnny,

Can you explain what exactly Information Systems is?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Information systems is effectively the management of IT groups or projects. It provides a basic grounding in terms of tech, though it is no replacement for a pure CS degree if you want to be on the engineering end of the equation.
Director
Director
Send PM
[#permalink]
I think Piper answered about as well as I would be able to. Information systems in healthcare are light-years behind every other industry, so I think an MIS would be pretty valuable for me, especially as a healthcare consultant.

Jason Kidd and Derek Luke, got it. Kidd may have lost a step or two but I saw this great highlight last night where he drove the lane and then behind-the-back kicked it out to Vince Carter for a three.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
There is a reason for that Johnny, lives are on the line. There is a lot of risk involved in implementing new technologies in situations where absolute reliability is required. That is why a lot of the tech that you see deployed in hospitals, spacecraft, and the military may seem a little behind the times. If you have a missile streaking toward you, the last thing you want to see is a "Blue screen of death" if you try to defend yourself ;)
Director
Director
Send PM
[#permalink]
Good point, I don't want my defibrillator requiring a reboot while I'm suffering a heart attack.

But more substantially, the way patient records are maintained is atrocious. It's incredible that when people visit their doctor, handwritten notes are taken and put in a manilla folder which is then filed away with ten thousand other folders. I mean, even Jiffy Lube takes the time to punch notes into a computer about my car. It's absolutely ridiculous that everybody doesn't have the notes for every single medical treatment and consultation that they've ever had, kept on a little jump drive on their key-chain.

So the implementation of the Electronic Medical Record and other similar systems is a huge issue in healthcare and I think an MIS would be helpful for a consultant as they deal with the myriad problems companies face with implementation. For this reason, I think the BU healthcare track MBA, combined with the MIS would be a potent combo -- that is if I do in fact want to stay in healthcare.
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
Moderator:
Senior Moderator - Masters Forum
3137 posts