GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 17 Jun 2019, 22:41

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling All Booth MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
GMAT 2: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.45
Calling All Booth MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 29 Dec 2018, 22:31
Hi all,

I feel like Booth is repeating itself a bit on the application between the following prompts:

What is your immediate post-MBA career goal?
What is your long-term post-MBA career goal?

How will the Booth MBA help you achieve your immediate and long-term post-MBA career goals? (250 word minimum)

The first two are short answer and the last an essay. Would the essay not offer insight to the two prior questions? Am I missing something here?

Thanks!

Originally posted by Music2mba on 29 Dec 2018, 19:33.
Last edited by Narenn on 29 Dec 2018, 22:31, edited 1 time in total.
Topic merged in Booth main thread considering other applicants may also have this question
INSEAD Thread Master
D
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Farrell D Hehn: MBA
Essay 1 vs two short career prompts  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Dec 2018, 20:14
Hi Music2mba

Yes to some degree there is some repetition. But in the application they just want for you to get straight to the point they don't wanna have to dig around in your essay to know what your goals are.

If you've done the work properly then you will have it down one sentence - the role and the specific company/companies you will be pursuing. For example, Product Manager at Amazon. The more it connects the dots with your background/areas of expertise the better. If it's an entrepreneurial thing then you will have it down to one sentence stating who you serve, what need you will fulfill and the big problem that you solve. The value proposition/elevator pitch for VC.

In the essay you will want to put all of the focus on the special aspects, values, culture, features, and programs that Booth has - setting it apart - and making it the conduit to achieve said goals. For example, if you have an entrepreneurship interest you would want to elaborate on the specific offerings of the Polsky Center that will help fill gaps and bring about the transformation you need to be well positioned for launching your startup.

In sum yes - you will need to state the goals again in the essay but very briefly.

Music2mba wrote:
Hi all,

I feel like Booth is repeating itself a bit on the application between the following prompts:

How will the Booth MBA help you achieve your immediate and long-term post-MBA career goals? (250 word minimum)

The first two are short answer and the last an essay. Would the essay not offer insight to the two prior questions? Am I missing something here?

Thanks!

Intern
Intern
B
Re: Calling All Booth MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Dec 2018, 12:43
Gotcha, yes, looking at it quickly I thought the first two questions said "250 words" not 250 characters, which would have changed their purpose entirely - and they would have become standard essays for Columbia :lol: . Thanks for the help!

MBAPrepCoach wrote:
Hi Music2mba

Yes to some degree there is some repetition. But in the application they just want for you to get straight to the point they don't wanna have to dig around in your essay to know what your goals are.

If you've done the work properly then you will have it down one sentence - the role and the specific company/companies you will be pursuing. For example, Product Manager at Amazon. The more it connects the dots with your background/areas of expertise the better. If it's an entrepreneurial thing then you will have it down to one sentence stating who you serve, what need you will fulfill and the big problem that you solve. The value proposition/elevator pitch for VC.

In the essay you will want to put all of the focus on the special aspects, values, culture, features, and programs that Booth has - setting it apart - and making it the conduit to achieve said goals. For example, if you have an entrepreneurship interest you would want to elaborate on the specific offerings of the Polsky Center that will help fill gaps and bring about the transformation you need to be well positioned for launching your startup.

In sum yes - you will need to state the goals again in the essay but very briefly.

Music2mba wrote:
Hi all,

Thanks!
INSEAD Thread Master
D
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Farrell D Hehn: MBA
Re: Calling All Booth MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Dec 2018, 14:30
Music2mba wrote:
Gotcha, yes, looking at it quickly I thought the first two questions said "250 words" not 250 characters, which would have changed their purpose entirely - and they would have become standard essays for Columbia . Thanks for the help!

MBAPrepCoach wrote:
Hi Music2mba

Music2mba wrote:
Hi all,

Thanks!
No problem, the words versus characters confusion happens often. It's kind of like salt and sugar.

Did you mean to say Booth or is this for Columbia?

http://mbaprepcoach.com
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 30 Dec 2018, 17:57
MBAPrepCoach

I meant Booth. I was just drawing a parallel as almost all of Columbia's essays require 250 words only. perhaps it only made sense in my head. :)
Cornell-Johnson School Moderator
B
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.25
WE: Consulting (Consulting)

Show Tags

New post 10 Jan 2019, 10:41
All the best to everyone who hit submit in R2. I am sure most of us will be sitting tight.

Any idea when the interview invites will start rolling out?
Retired Moderator
G
Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 10 Jan 2019, 10:47
Probably end of February sometime Kalaivani1

Practice makes you perfect.

Kudos are appreciated.
B

Show Tags

New post 10 Jan 2019, 10:50
Are you sure? The email from Booth stated everyone will hear by late Jan. ?

Posted from my mobile device
Retired Moderator
G
Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 10 Jan 2019, 10:54
Kalaivani1 end February is the mid point between submission and final decision. If you were going to get an interview invite, you'd have gotten it by then. Obviously it can happen anytime between now and then.

Kudos are appreciated.
B

Show Tags

New post 10 Jan 2019, 10:57
Ok. That makes sense. Thanks for the info :)

Manager
Manager
G
Schools: Booth '21 (M)
GMAT 1: 770 Q49 V47
GPA: 3.5
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 11 Jan 2019, 09:41
Kalaivani1 wrote:
All the best to everyone who hit submit in R2. I am sure most of us will be sitting tight.

If we go by historic trends, Booth will release all interview invites in the week of 21st Jan. They release invites in batches on each day of the week starting on Monday and ending by Friday.
Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 12 Jan 2019, 01:32
stoiczoan decided where you're heading to this fall?

Kudos are appreciated.
B

Show Tags

New post 12 Jan 2019, 04:35
stoiczoan wrote:
Kalaivani1 wrote:

If we go by historic trends, Booth will release all interview invites in the week of 21st Jan. They release invites in batches on each day of the week starting on Monday and ending by Friday.

Ok. Thanks :)
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 14 Jan 2019, 09:01
Hello guys!

Wonder if there is anyone here with a better idea or can speak for their experience/previous records. If Invites happen in late Jan (~25) what is the soonest you can book an on campus interview afterwards?

I have some restrictions with work these months and I'd love to have an estimate....

Thanks in advance guys! Feel like asking admissions would be pushy and presumptuous.
B

Show Tags

New post 14 Jan 2019, 09:41
bruhnah wrote:
Hello guys!

Wonder if there is anyone here with a better idea or can speak for their experience/previous records. If Invites happen in late Jan (~25) what is the soonest you can book an on campus interview afterwards?

I have some restrictions with work these months and I'd love to have an estimate....

Thanks in advance guys! Feel like asking admissions would be pushy and presumptuous.

This article on booth website says you will have 2-3 weeks from when you receive invitation to interview

https://www.chicagobooth.edu/blog/ftadm ... dium=email

Manager
Manager
G
Schools: Booth '21 (M)
GMAT 1: 770 Q49 V47
GPA: 3.5
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 14 Jan 2019, 09:45
bruhnah wrote:
Hello guys!

Last year for R2 the interview dates were as follows -

On Campus - interviews with 2nd year students - Monday, February 5 - Friday, February 23
Off Campus - interviews with alumni - Friday, January 26 - Saturday, February 17
B
Concentration: Finance, Leadership

Show Tags

New post 15 Jan 2019, 11:41
Anyone recivied interview invite?
MBA Section Director
V
Affiliations: GMATClub
GPA: 4
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 15 Jan 2019, 11:45
lucasoliveira wrote:
Anyone recivied interview invite?

lucasoliveira

From the Booth decision tracker in the following link, I don't see any interview updates yet.

https://gmatclub.com/forum/booth-189/de ... acker.html

Attachment:
Screen Shot 2019-01-16 at 12.14.21 AM.png
Screen Shot 2019-01-16 at 12.14.21 AM.png [ 192.88 KiB | Viewed 2240 times ]

Affiliations: GMAT Club
City: Pune
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 20 Jan 2019, 23:57
stoiczoan wrote:

Agree with stoiczoan. Invites are likely to come out in this week. Good luck everyone.

For reference, this is an invite/admit timeline of last year..

G
Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 21 Jan 2019, 02:40
*fingers crossed*

Kudos are appreciated.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling All Booth MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!   [#permalink] 21 Jan 2019, 02:40

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  10   11   12   13   14   15   16  ...  30    Next  [ 581 posts ] 

Calling All Booth MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!

new topic post reply Update application status