GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 22 Feb 2019, 04:35

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in February
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling All Booth MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Manager
Manager
B
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
GMAT 2: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.8
WE: Business Development (Insurance)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: Calling All Booth MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Jan 2019, 23:51
For off-campus interviews, is Booth going to roll-out invites only after we have submitted response to the interview essays? Has anyone been done with their off-campus interviews?

The Mind is everything . What you think you become. - Lord Buddha

Consider giving KUDOS if you appreciate my post !!

Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V47
GPA: 3.83
Re: Calling All Booth MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Jan 2019, 09:32
Anyone interested in practicing booth interviews over Skype after the short answers are finished? Pm me!

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
B
GPA: 3.71

Show Tags

New post 29 Jan 2019, 12:36
Vinitkhicha1111 wrote:
For off-campus interviews, is Booth going to roll-out invites only after we have submitted response to the interview essays? Has anyone been done with their off-campus interviews?

I have an off-campus interview and I got an interview confirmation before submitting my response to the essays. I don't think they are tied together.
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V45
GPA: 3.85

Show Tags

New post 29 Jan 2019, 14:21
bee2021 wrote:
Vinitkhicha1111 wrote:

I have an off-campus interview and I got an interview confirmation before submitting my response to the essays. I don't think they are tied together.

Can confirm this. I did off-campus interview in R1 and my interviewer didn't even know about the new short answer questions.
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.9
WE: Consulting (Commercial Banking)

Show Tags

New post 31 Jan 2019, 08:18
Hey guys, quick question. I have been offered the choice of either phone or alumni interview. Which one would you recommend?

Just trying to evaluate the pros and cons. One con of alumni interview ive seen is that it can be too random and the interviewer can sway it in any direction whereas phone interviews are conducted by ad-coms or 2nd yr students and they usually ask straightforward and basic questions.

However, I don't know if both interviews are weighed equally. Does body language really matter that much? Ive only given interviews on phone or skype so far I didn't think my chances diminished simply because of the mode. Really appreciate some opinions thanks.
Current Student
B
Schools: Booth '19
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V50

Show Tags

New post 31 Jan 2019, 08:35
Hi Manglam. I would encourage you to do a face-to-face interview with an alumni as the comfort of the the person being from the same city usually helps, and you can show more of your personality. I interviewed with a Booth alumni in Delhi, and yes it was a bit adhoc , but we connected very well. Phone interviews run the risk of you not being able to truly showcase who you are, and they will most likely with an adcom member. At the end, you have to decide what personality type you are and if you come off better in person, then the answer is clear :)

Nakul Gupta
Chicago Booth MBA 2019
Founder at MyMBACircle

MyMBACircle is the leading network of MBA students and alumni mentoring MBA candidates throughout their journey. Join our community!

Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Finance, Accounting
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V44
GPA: 3.83
WE: Corporate Finance (Commercial Banking)

Show Tags

New post 31 Jan 2019, 09:14
manglam wrote:
Hey guys, quick question. I have been offered the choice of either phone or alumni interview. Which one would you recommend?

Just trying to evaluate the pros and cons. One con of alumni interview ive seen is that it can be too random and the interviewer can sway it in any direction whereas phone interviews are conducted by ad-coms or 2nd yr students and they usually ask straightforward and basic questions.

However, I don't know if both interviews are weighed equally. Does body language really matter that much? Ive only given interviews on phone or skype so far I didn't think my chances diminished simply because of the mode. Really appreciate some opinions thanks.

Hi there,

I was given the same choice. They found it difficult to match me with an alumn in my city, so they asked if I could fly to a neighboring country for the interview. Even if it's more costly, I'd prefer in-person discussions all the time. Even at work, I'll go to people's desk anytime feasible. You can't smile over the phone, you know.

BSchool Forum Moderator
G
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V45
GPA: 3.85
WE: Design (Energy and Utilities)

Show Tags

New post 31 Jan 2019, 10:46
Kael wrote:
you can't smile over the phone, you know

But you can definitely read out your well crafted stories :-D :lol: Lol, the crazy ideas that I come up with :grin: :tongue_opt3

12345aBcDeFgHiJkLmNoPqRsTuVwXyZ67890

Manager
Manager
B
GMAT 1: 670 Q48 V34
GMAT 2: 700 Q48 V36
WE: Corporate Finance (Commercial Banking)

Show Tags

New post 31 Jan 2019, 10:52
manglam wrote:

Hi @manglam- I too, was offered the choice of either phone or alumni interview. The visa process in my country takes so much time so I couldn't fly to any neighbor country.
The phone interview went surprisingly well, probably the best interview I had.
On the other hand, a friend of mine -same profile same demographics with a way better GMAT score than mine - had her interview with an alumna in another country. I thought that, if only one of us will be admitted, she would definitely be at an advantage given her in-person interview. But I was wrong, I was the one who got admitted.
I strongly believe that both interviews are weighted equally. Whether you choose the phone or the alumni interview, just be yourself, show them why you want to be part of the Booth community and how you fit.

Good luck!
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Finance, Technology
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
WE: Analyst (Internet and New Media)

Show Tags

New post 31 Jan 2019, 11:13
The only thing I’d add is that you never know what connections you might make with your interviewers. I’ve had friends who shared that their interviewer later became mentors to them and led them to their internships and such. Personally, I always prefer in-person to establhish that connection, but I really think that they are weighted equally, so go with whatever you feel more comfortable! That’s just my 2 cents

Intern
Intern
B
Premium Member CAT Tests
Calling All Booth MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Feb 2019, 18:43
Has anyone experienced an inconsistency in the formatting before and after submitting the pre-interview short answer questions? After submitting I noticed that my paragraph breaks were removed and each answer appears to be one long paragraph. Is this something to be concerned about?
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: Booth '20 (II)

Show Tags

New post 02 Feb 2019, 00:11
Help needed - I submitted my short answer response 2 hours late due to a flight delay... would this automatically disqualify me for admission?... Yes it was a rather stupid choice to submit it last minute but wonder if the admission office is strict about the deadline....
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Finance, Technology
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
WE: Analyst (Internet and New Media)

Show Tags

New post 02 Feb 2019, 00:54
kevinalvy wrote:
Has anyone experienced an inconsistency in the formatting before and after submitting the pre-interview short answer questions? After submitting I noticed that my paragraph breaks were removed and each answer appears to be one long paragraph. Is this something to be concerned about?

That happened to mine too! I don’t think it’s anything to worry about, but that’s just a guess

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 02 Feb 2019, 03:26
jmb819 wrote:
kevinalvy wrote:

That happened to mine too! I don’t think it’s anything to worry about, but that’s just a guess

Happened to me as well.
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V40
WE: Consulting (Commercial Banking)

Show Tags

New post 02 Feb 2019, 04:55
kevinalvy wrote:

Same thing here
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 02 Feb 2019, 16:35
I submitted mine ~2 minutes before the deadline but it's showing as the next day! Not sure if I should be worried. Did this happen to anyone else?
Manager
Manager
G
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 02 Feb 2019, 20:35
testtest666 wrote:
I submitted mine ~2 minutes before the deadline but it's showing as the next day! Not sure if I should be worried. Did this happen to anyone else?

The deadline on the website is stated as CT (Central Time), but the application portal is running on ET (Eastern Time) which is one hour ahead. That's why.
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 740 Q47 V45
GPA: 3.31

Show Tags

New post 03 Feb 2019, 10:46
Not to get too far ahead of myself here... But does anyone know how long we have to accept an offer after R2 decisions are released on 3/21? Either based on R1 this year or from R2 last year? I couldn't find anything on their website. Thanks in advance!
Intern
Intern
Calling All Booth MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Feb 2019, 19:52
gmat2k17 wrote:
testtest666 wrote:

The deadline on the website is stated as CT (Central Time), but the application portal is running on ET (Eastern Time) which is one hour ahead. That's why.

Thanks very much - wondering if admissions knows this (in which case I can stop worrying) and if anyone else faced the same issue
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Technology, Organizational Behavior
GMAT 1: 690 Q50 V32
GMAT 2: 690 Q48 V35
GMAT 3: 740 Q50 V40

Show Tags

New post 04 Feb 2019, 02:25
ryan774 wrote:
Not to get too far ahead of myself here... But does anyone know how long we have to accept an offer after R2 decisions are released on 3/21? Either based on R1 this year or from R2 last year? I couldn't find anything on their website. Thanks in advance!

In R1 this year deposit deadline is 6 February 2019
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling All Booth MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!   [#permalink] 04 Feb 2019, 02:25

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28    Next  [ 545 posts ] 

Calling All Booth MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!

new topic post reply Update application status  

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap