Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 07:46 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 07:46

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Tags:
Show Tags
Hide Tags
Volunteer Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 6861 [137]
Given Kudos: 500
Most Helpful Reply
Volunteer Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 6861 [6]
General Discussion
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [3]
Given Kudos: 46
Schools: IIM
GMAT 1: 650 Q50 V26
GPA: 4
Send PM
Admitted - Which School Forum Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1047 [0]
Given Kudos: 630
Schools: Ross '25 (M$)
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42 (Online)
Send PM
Re: CR OG Question Spreadsheet (708 Questions) [#permalink]
Thank you AndrewN for this beautiful endeavour. Huge respect 🙌🏼

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Send PM
Thanks for the landmark effort by you AndrewN

Ever so grateful..
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 82
Concentration: International Business, General Management
GMAT 1: 360 Q27 V14
GMAT 2: 430 Q30 V20
GMAT 3: 480 Q36 V20
GPA: 3.78
WE:Engineering (Transportation)
Send PM
Thanks for all the efforts AndrewN.. :please: :please:

This was much needed for all the GMAT test takers... :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Volunteer Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 6861 [0]
Expert Reply
Thank you, all, for the responses and kind words. I should also mention that carcass helped direct me to where (and how) I should create my post, answering PMs promptly and courteously. Without the efforts of such moderators, this site would not function nearly as smoothly.

- Andrew
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 43 [0]
Given Kudos: 738
WE:Account Management (Hospitality and Tourism)
Send PM
Wow! This is amazing AndrewN. You have always been extremely helpful with explanations of any sort of questions, silly to complex, in GMATClub, and you are the first person who comes to my mind whenever I get stuck in Verbal or when I seek further guidance. Your turnaround time to tag-mentions, as well as patiently addressing my lame queries, is something you have my utmost respect for. Thank you so much! :thumbsup:
Volunteer Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 6861 [2]
Kudos
Expert Reply
Pankaj0901 wrote:
Wow! This is amazing AndrewN. You have always been extremely helpful with explanations of any sort of questions, silly to complex, in GMATClub, and you are the first person who comes to my mind whenever I get stuck in Verbal or when I seek further guidance. Your turnaround time to tag-mentions, as well as patiently addressing my lame queries, is something you have my utmost respect for. Thank you so much! :thumbsup:

Thank you for the kind words, Pankaj0901. I think that as long as a question is asked respectfully—the person posting has looked through the question dialogue but still seeks an answer, and poses the question without a "shopping list" of mentions—it should be addressed with the same respect. And if my goal is to assist the community, then I want to put my money where my mouth is and offer whatever information I think would be pertinent to that end. I am glad my responses have helped you.

As always, good luck with your studies.

- Andrew
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Send PM
I am new here, but great work AndrewN, hope to utilize these resources for my verbal preparation. Thank you to all the moderators and others who helped in this task as well!

Originally posted by gandalfthegreat on 15 May 2022, 07:30.
Last edited by gandalfthegreat on 17 May 2022, 12:39, edited 1 time in total.
Volunteer Expert
Expert Reply
gandalfthegreat wrote:
I am new here, but great work AndrewN, hope to utilize these resources for my verbal preparation. Thank you to all the moderators and other swho helped in this task as well!

Well, gandalfthegreat, now come the days of the grind. May they be blessed. Glad to help out.

- Andrew
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GPA: 3.25
WE:Analyst (Other)
Send PM
Thanks a lot AndrewN. I have been using ur SC sheet for a while now.. Really helpful..
Volunteer Expert
Expert Reply
Laks2021 wrote:
Thanks a lot AndrewN. I have been using ur SC sheet for a while now.. Really helpful..

Good to hear, Laks2021. Keep at it bit by bit, perhaps topic by topic, and you will start to see improvement. And do not be afraid to make a game of it—e.g., counting streaks of questions, or calculating accuracy for every 50 questions—just to mix things up.

- Andrew
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
AndrewN wrote:
Happy May, everyone. I have been working hard for the last few months to put all official CR OG/VR questions in one convenient spreadsheet for anybody to use. A major part of this process was going through every question tagged as official in one way or another so that I could check for its publication in an OG or Verbal Review. Bunuel has been especially helpful and patient with me when I have made behind-the-scenes requests for source tags to be added or removed. I have decided to take a blunt approach and simply present the questions, without publication dates, to encourage members to purchase a more recent edition of the OG or Verbal Review. Some features of the collection and spreadsheet:

• 708 Questions: 266 Low/Easy (by GMAT timer categorization), 221 Medium, and 221 Hard
  • Links to every question, as well as keywords to search, in case the links are changed
  • More specific sub-categorization of questions (e.g., Weaken Plan, Strengthen Hypothesis)
  • Color-coded fields for correct or incorrect answers, as well as questions that take over 2 minutes (all input is manual)

Note that I have not included any GMAT Prep questions to encourage members to use those materials wisely over the course of their preparation. It is my belief that anybody could adequately prepare for CR by using this question set, either selectively or in its entirety, and taking the official mocks. There is no reason to settle for substandard questions written by anybody besides GMAC™ when so much high-quality material is readily available. (LSAT questions are a different story, but even there, I recommend seeking a professional opinion to ensure that the questions are relevant to GMAT™ preparation. Many LR questions are not.)

Without further ado, here is the link to access the spreadsheet. You should be able to download a copy in your preferred format (although some of the cell formatting may not carry over).

If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to post them below. And if you have a moment, find some way to thank Bunuel. As always, good luck with your studies.

- Andrew

AndrewN, thank you again for this great work! I'm new to the GMAT Club, and in the beginning of my GMAT preparations, so apologies in advance for any lame questions:

1. You had mentioned you have created this list to encourage test takers for verbal to prepare more from OG, and specifically from OG guides from recent years. While there are many great resources for Verbal prep, like, SC butler, CR butler, etc., (from our very own GMAT Club), is there any specific reason as to why you would recommend OG guides for verbal preparation over other resources?

2. I use SC butler every day to practice SC, but find some of the questions not in the same level as GMAC or some questions containing ambiguous results which GMAT might not put the test takers into. Apart from these OG materials you have listed for SC, RC, and CR, are there any materials you would suggest for verbal preparation?

3. Lastly, is there a similar OG spreadsheet or a list for Quants as well?

Thank you so much!
Volunteer Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 6861 [1]
Kudos
Expert Reply
Hello again, gandalfthegreat. I will respond in-line below.

gandalfthegreat wrote:
AndrewN, thank you again for this great work! I'm new to the GMAT Club, and in the beginning of my GMAT preparations, so apologies in advance for any lame questions:

1. You had mentioned you have created this list to encourage test takers for verbal to prepare more from OG, and specifically from OG guides from recent years. While there are many great resources for Verbal prep, like, SC butler, CR butler, etc., (from our very own GMAT Club), is there any specific reason as to why you would recommend OG guides for verbal preparation over other resources?

Good question. I recommend using the OG for two reasons: 1) Official questions are unparalleled in their quality and applicability to the test (for obvious reasons); 2) Purchasing the newest official materials is ethical, as opposed to seeking out and accessing all of those materials for free.

gandalfthegreat wrote:
2. I use SC butler every day to practice SC, but find some of the questions not in the same level as GMAC or some questions containing ambiguous results which GMAT might not put the test takers into. Apart from these OG materials you have listed for SC, RC, and CR, are there any materials you would suggest for verbal preparation?

None specifically. You do not need anything else if you have gone through these thousands of questions and taken the time to understand them. I agree about the quality of some of the third-party material you find on this site. With official questions, that quality is never in doubt.

gandalfthegreat wrote:
3. Lastly, is there a similar OG spreadsheet or a list for Quants as well?

Thank you so much!

I am sure some people have put together certain collections of Quant questions, but my spreadsheet is a long time coming. You may want to check the Quant forum to see what is listed.

Thank you for following up.

- Andrew
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Send PM
Thank you AndrewN and Team for putting this much effort in preparing this.
Volunteer Expert
Kudos
Expert Reply
gpemba2021 wrote:
Thank you AndrewN and Team for putting this much effort in preparing this.

Sure thing, gpemba2021. If you have been at this task (of preparing for the GMAT™) since 2020, perhaps a little more guided practice will be all you need. Make 2022 your year to beat this thing.

- Andrew
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 1531
Send PM
Hi AndrewN,

Thank you for putting in the effort. Curious to know what was your stats in CR and RC.

Do you also have or know of such a list for DS questions?
Volunteer Expert
Kudos
Expert Reply
Vegita wrote:
Hi AndrewN,

Thank you for putting in the effort. Curious to know what was your stats in CR and RC.

Do you also have or know of such a list for DS questions?

Hello, Vegita. Is there a hint of competitiveness in your query, or are you just looking to benchmark your performance? In any case, I will leave RC alone for now, since this thread is dedicated to CR. (Feel free to post a similar query in the RC thread.) When I look back at my document "GMAT™ Prep Statistical Analysis," I see that I grouped all CR questions together, including those from GMAT Prep, Paper Tests, and Question Packs. If I consult the original spreadsheet that I used to create the one above so that I am looking at OG questions exclusively, the results are as follows:

• Easy/Low - 257/266 (~ 96.6%); Average 1:23/question
  • Medium - 204/221 (~ 92.3%); Average 1:38/question
  • Hard - 179/221 (~ 81.0%); Average 1:59/question

By question type:

• Assumption - 62/69 (~ 89.9%)
  • Boldface - 32/34 (~ 94.1%)
  • Complete Passage - 48/53 (~ 90.6%)
  • Evaluate Argument/Hypothesis/Plan - 45/45 (100%)
  • Except - 15/17 (~ 88.2%)
  • Inference - 70/74 (~ 95.0%)
  • Logical Flaw - 26/27 (~ 96.3%)
  • Method of Reasoning - 12/14 (~ 85.7%)
  • Must Be True - 11/12 (~ 91.7%)
  • Resolve Paradox - 57/67 (~ 85.1%)
  • Similar Reasoning - 1/2 (50.0%)
  • Strengthen Argument/Evidence/Hypothesis/Plan - 109/124 (~ 87.9%)
  • Weaken Argument/Evidence/Hypothesis/Plan - 152/170 (~ 89.4%)

I would say that in assessing the data on the spot (something I love to do), I look pretty consistent across the board. That Similar Reasoning sample is so small as to be statistically insignificant. Of the eight CR questions I would be likely to see on the exam, given that I would probably not see any more than three from a given type, I would be in a position to answer correctly about 90 percent of the time. Even so, whenever I see a single missed question, I take that as a sign that I can improve my understanding of the task at hand.

Thank you for thinking to ask. Perhaps this information will be of use to you somehow.

- Andrew
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 1531
Send PM
Hi AndrewN

Quote:
Is there a hint of competitiveness in your query
Lol. I do not dare.

I asked because I have started to track my own performance since yesterday and wanted to know what should be my timing goal in CR, SC, and RC.

CR has been my biggest challenge in terms of timing, but my accuracy has been there. However, looking at your stats in CR is discouraging.
Attachments

Screenshot 2022-06-19 145729.png
Screenshot 2022-06-19 145729.png [ 49.27 KiB | Viewed 18021 times ]

GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts
GRE Forum Moderator