Last visit was: 26 Jul 2024, 19:28 It is currently 26 Jul 2024, 19:28
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 199 [0]
Given Kudos: 253
Concentration: Healthcare, General Management
GMAT Focus 1:
695 Q85 V88 DI80
GPA: 3.19
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 168 [1]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 52 [1]
Given Kudos: 117
WE:General Management (Advertising and PR)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [1]
Given Kudos: 95
GPA: 88%
Send PM
Re: Gmat Focus Official Practice Test 1 without studying [#permalink]
Kudos
Hi,

I am an active user of TTP as well (for the past 3 months)

I see that you have managed the 575 with a Q74, lots of room for overall score improvement by boosting your Quants score which is very much realistic if you cmplete the missions TTP will layout.

So I would say a GFE of 675 or so is very realistic if that is what you are aiming for (please check your target score since you have mentioned 680, not sure if you mean classic GMAT or Focus edition)

Hope this helps.

Cheers
Manager
Manager
GMAT Focus 1:
695 Q85 V88 DI80
Send PM
rn1112 wrote:
Indeed a good score to begin the preparations. Use forum quiz to practice questions of various difficulty levels.

Thank you for the words of encouragement! Will follow the advice!

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
GMAT Focus 1:
695 Q85 V88 DI80
Send PM
AlviraRahman wrote:

Consistency over anything! Please practice everyday. Yes a 680 is very much achievable. Don't forget to practice questions on TTP chapter wise. Those are a good indicator of where you are in the preparation.

Yes! I am going to go ahead and focus on my conceptual foundation and then attack my problem Chapters!

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 199 [1]
GMAT Focus 1:
695 Q85 V88 DI80
Send PM
Kudos
JayGMATFOCUS wrote:
Hi,

I am an active user of TTP as well (for the past 3 months)

I see that you have managed the 575 with a Q74, lots of room for overall score improvement by boosting your Quants score which is very much realistic if you cmplete the missions TTP will layout.

So I would say a GFE of 675 or so is very realistic if that is what you are aiming for (please check your target score since you have mentioned 680, not sure if you mean classic GMAT or Focus edition)

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Thank you for the detailed response! Yes, my Verbal seems to be pretty strong, if I can perfect that and improve my quant foundation, i might have a good chance of getting a respectable score. (I meant GMAT focus only, not the classic version. Hence the lower target score)

GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 1338 [1]
Given Kudos: 16
Send PM
Gmat Focus Official Practice Test 1 without studying [#permalink]
Kudos
Fair to say including official questions (i.e. from the Official-Guide 2023) into a prep path would be a solid choice. Fair to say they best represent what you'll see on an actual exam. You can get e-versions of different guides from the MBA website. Consider saving one or two of the Official Focus mocks in case you retake for any reason.

Originally posted by GmatKnightTutor on 03 Dec 2023, 09:52.
Last edited by GmatKnightTutor on 03 Dec 2023, 10:04, edited 1 time in total.
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 74324 [2]
Given Kudos: 20634
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Swagatalaxmi wrote:
Hi, everyone! I'm a dentist who has been out of touch with quant for 15 years! So before taking the official gmat focus practice test 1, I didn't study anything conceptually - I just went through an overview of the GMATninja youtube videos on Quant to remember some of the concepts and scored a 575 (84 V, 77 DI, 74 Q) on the prac test. I have subscribed to the TTP 6 months plan...do you think it is realistic to aim for 680+ score after my prep is over?

That is a great score. Many of us have started from much humble beginnings. The key to GMAT study is not a stretched out too long where you start forgetting things you’ve learned months ago. GMAT is very strongly based on nuance and little details. Remembering all of them and bringing them to the test with you is what gives you a high score. (There are other ingredients involved obviously this is a gross simplification but a mistake when studying for an extended period of time)

PS. You can definitely cross 685. However, when you’re looking to score in the top one or two person tiles, using the same material as everyone else is using, you have to put in more effort and better effort than 98 or 99% of all other people. This means watching some videos and Taking some quizzes is not good enough and you have to be constantly alert and looking to improve and pursuing every opportunity. Otherwise, what is the difference between an average test and the top 1% test taker? You’re using the same materials….
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 30
Send PM
Gmat Focus Official Practice Test 1 without studying [#permalink]
I don't know if this is the right forum, but any words of encouragement/support is appreciated.

Scored a shocking 365 in free mock1 (72DI,70Q,62V) without much prep although been lurking around GMATclub for 4 months.

Also scored 470 on the classic GMAT mock 5 months back.

I've been a good student but the 15 year break from academics has rendered my quant/verbal skills useless.

My confidence has been shaken but willing to put in the grind to get a decent score. Would anybody be kind enough to guide on the way forward.

Long procastinating signing up for a test prep course, but haven't got around to it yet. Which one would you recommend given my background?

Once again apologies if this is the wrong thread, would be greatful to be pointed to the right place.

Manager
Manager
GMAT Focus 1:
695 Q85 V88 DI80
Send PM
GmatKnightTutor wrote:
Fair to say including official questions (i.e. from the Official-Guide 2023) into a prep path would be a solid choice. Fair to say they best represent what you'll see on an actual exam. You can get e-versions of different guides from the MBA website. Consider saving one or two of the Official Focus mocks in case you retake for any reason.

Thank you for the tips! :thumbsup:
Manager
Manager
GMAT Focus 1:
695 Q85 V88 DI80
Send PM
bb wrote:
Swagatalaxmi wrote:
Hi, everyone! I'm a dentist who has been out of touch with quant for 15 years! So before taking the official gmat focus practice test 1, I didn't study anything conceptually - I just went through an overview of the GMATninja youtube videos on Quant to remember some of the concepts and scored a 575 (84 V, 77 DI, 74 Q) on the prac test. I have subscribed to the TTP 6 months plan...do you think it is realistic to aim for 680+ score after my prep is over?

That is a great score. Many of us have started from much humble beginnings. The key to GMAT study is not a stretched out too long where you start forgetting things you’ve learned months ago. GMAT is very strongly based on nuance and little details. Remembering all of them and bringing them to the test with you is what gives you a high score. (There are other ingredients involved obviously this is a gross simplification but a mistake when studying for an extended period of time)

PS. You can definitely cross 685. However, when you’re looking to score in the top one or two person tiles, using the same material as everyone else is using, you have to put in more effort and better effort than 98 or 99% of all other people. This means watching some videos and Taking some quizzes is not good enough and you have to be constantly alert and looking to improve and pursuing every opportunity. Otherwise, what is the difference between an average test and the top 1% test taker? You’re using the same materials….

Wow! Thanks for the great advice! I will push myself to the limit during the preparation to unlock my full potential for the test!
Manager
Manager
GMAT Focus 1:
695 Q85 V88 DI80
Send PM
chiplesschap wrote:
I don't know if this is the right forum, but any words of encouragement/support is appreciated.

Scored a shocking 365 in free mock1 (72DI,70Q,62V) without much prep although been lurking around GMATclub for 4 months.

I've been a good student but the 15 year break from academics has rendered my quant/verbal skills useless.

My confidence has been shaken but willing to put in the grind to get a decent score. Would anybody be kind enough to guide on the way forward.

Long procastinating signing up for a test prep course, but haven't got around to it yet. Which one would you recommend given my background?

Once again apologies if this is the wrong thread, would be greatful to be pointed to the right place.

I've just started my own journey so can't give you much pointers but please go through the forum discussions, there are a lot of resources available in there about how to go about your study plan as well as which guides to use.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 680 Q44 V38
Send PM
Kudos
chiplesschap wrote:

­Hi Chiplesschap, 

Don't be motivated as we have all been there!

I would really recommend starting with your prep as soon as you can. Regarding what course to go with, I suggest you try the available options and see what best suits you. Before proceeding with your next mock, I would really suggest brushing and revising your basics so that you go in with some preparation. 

Yes, please save some of your official mocks till when you are better prepared and closer to your actual test date. 

It's important to start somewhere for you, at this point. The procrastination cycle may be too long and you don't want to just get stuck. Take one step by starting with researching on course options for you that may be fit for you as per your preparation.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 680 Q44 V38
Send PM
Kudos
Swagatalaxmi wrote:

­Definitely an achievable target and you will need to have a good Quant score to reach there. Best of luck with your prep! 
GMAT Club Bot