Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 00:02 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 00:02

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMATClub
Own Kudos [?]: 8833 [3]
Given Kudos: 3034
GRE 1: Q168 V154
GPA: 3.4
WE:Engineering (Education)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 72
GPA: 1.91
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 210 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Calling all Applicants: INSEAD January 2025 Intake [#permalink]
Dear candidates,

I’m Arvind, Founder of admitStreet and a HEC Paris MBA alum. I’m organizing a webinar on “How to craft a winning MBA application” with Adhiraj Chandel, our recent INSEAD MBA-admit.

We will cover topics including how to differentiate your profile, write compelling essays and tips to secure scholarships. 30 minutes will be dedicated to audience Q&A.

Reserve your spot by registering now! The online webinar will be on:

JULY 30, 2023 (SUNDAY)
AT 11:00 AM IST

Registration and details at:
bit.ly/admitstreet_insead

Looking forward to seeing you there!

Originally posted by admitStreet on 26 Jul 2023, 06:03.
Last edited by admitStreet on 27 Jul 2023, 05:05, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 72
GPA: 1.91
Send PM
Re: Calling all Applicants: INSEAD January 2025 Intake [#permalink]
Lawana911 wrote:
R3 applicants who completed alumni interviews - could you pls share a short debrief on how was the experience and any key things to know?

Noone?
Director
Director
Send PM
Lawana911 wrote:
Lawana911 wrote:
R3 applicants who completed alumni interviews - could you pls share a short debrief on how was the experience and any key things to know?

Noone?

Hi Lawana911,

One of my candidates attended the interviews recently and received an admit. Please see below some points from his debrief:

'Started off with introduction, why MBA and why INSEAD. Both the interviews were very conversational and focused a lot on my motivations and reasoning behind taking my career actions, plus what I learned from them. Where the idea for my businesses came from, why I chose to take that risk, why I am choosing to "pause" it and go for an MBA, etc. One question which was asked in my second interview was "If you could have MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli in the seat next to you on a long haul flight, who would you choose and why?" I said I identify with Dhoni's management style more and I feel I would have more to learn from his views on his long career, so I picked him. The interviewer seemed happy with this reply'

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Arvind
HEC Paris MBA alum, Admissions interviewer
W:https://admitstreet.com | E: consultingteam@admitstreet.com
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 615 [1]
Given Kudos: 28
Concentration: Operations, Marketing
Send PM
Calling all Applicants: INSEAD January 2025 Intake [#permalink]
Kudos
Lawana911 wrote:

Lawana911

I had been INSEAD MBA interviewer for 3 years, and I hope I can provide some helpful tips.

No two INSEAD interviews are the same or follow a fixed pattern (irrespective of the Rounds). INSEAD does not provide guidelines to the interviewers before the actual interview, and it completely rests with the interviewers how they want to drive the conversation. However, after the interview, the interviewers submit an extensive questionnaire report on your performance based on various factors.

As much as possible, it is a good strategy for you to take the driver's seat and smartly drive the conversation toward your strong areas.

Here are some tough but common questions you may encounter and should prepare for. You can be candid about other unexpected questions as they will mostly gauge your personality type.

1. Tell me about yourself/ brief introduction /elevator pitch

2. (My favorite) How would you say you have shown incremental progression in your career? What have you learned with each job role? (If you haven't had many job changes or received many promotions, definitely expect this one. If you don't get asked, its a good idea to still talk about your own growth progression)

3. What is your motivation behind choosing your line of work/ your current career path?

4. What is your motivation behind applying to INSEAD and why? What are your goals? What is the motivation behind your long-term goals? You may not get much time at INSEAD to figure your goals. How well have you researched them? (show that you have networked)

The interviewer may further probe your knowledge about your current or target industry.

5. How will you navigate cultural conflicts or culture shock at INSEAD, where no two people in your study group will be from the same country? Give examples of situations where you may have faced conflicting opinions or conflicting cultural practices. How did you manage? What did you do? What did you learn?

6. Have you managed subordinates/stakeholders directly or indirectly? What is your management style? Give anecdotal examples.

7. How will you contribute to student life and clubs and activities at INSEAD (address this even if the interviewer doesn't ask)?

8. What do you do when you are not working?

9. Achievements and failures, strengths and weaknesses (always provide anecdotal examples and subsequent reflections/ learnings)

10. Do you have any questions that you would like to ask?

Best wishes

Aanchal Sahni (INSEAD alum, ex MBA admissions interviewer)
MBAGuideConsulting
LinkedIn |WEBSITE: https://mbaguideconsulting.com/ | Message: +91 9971200927| email- mbaguideconsulting@gmail.com
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
GMAT 1: 600 Q39 V33
GMAT 2: 650 Q48 V30
GPA: 3.38
Send PM
Hi if someone wants to subscribe to TTP or just use thé 5 trial days before please let me know I will refer you so that we get 2 additional free weeks each of us
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
hii i want to use the ttp 5 days trial but there is some error in payment

kaughnan wrote:
Hi if someone wants to subscribe to TTP or just use thé 5 trial days before please let me know I will refer you so that we get 2 additional free weeks each of us

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
kaughnan wrote:

please dm as i can’t send you the message
Director
Director
Send PM
Hello everyone,

I recently posted a blog with sample INSEAD essays from a successful candidate/ admit I worked with:

https://admitstreet.com/blog/insead-mba-essay/

While each essay and story is unique, hopefully this serves as a sample.

Feel free to reach out if you need support with your application. All the best!

Regards,
Arvind
HEC Paris MBA alum, Admissions interviewer
W:https://admitstreet.com | E: consultingteam@admitstreet.com
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Hi! I was wondering if anyone from R3 has heard back regarding their final decision? My last alumni interview was on July 12. Haven’t really heard back yet. I was wondering if anyone from R1/R2 or admissions experts can provide any sort of guidance on when we typically start hearing back from AO’s. My concern is that I have an offer from another university and its deposit is due in 2 weeks, but of course INSEAD is my first choice.
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 969 [0]
Given Kudos: 139
Send PM
Lawana911 wrote:
Lawana911 wrote:

Noone?

Check out the interview debrief section

You'll get much more than experience.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
^I think that covers mostly interview experiences as opposed to post interview decisions - correct?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Send PM
U can request then for an early decision
Usually they strt to roll out decisons a week or 2 prior to decision deadline for the round
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
How soon before decision deadline are early decisions released approximately? Thx
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Are AO’s open to the idea of early decisions prior to the deadline if there are valid circumstances?

And could requesting it "hurt" your admission chances in anyway? :/
MBA and Beyond Consulting
Status:MBA Admissions Consulting from INSEAD, Wharton and Columbia graduates
Affiliations: INSEAD and Harvard
Own Kudos [?]: 350 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hey applicants,

CRACK THE CODE TO INSEAD MBA SUCCESS: JOIN OUR EXCLUSIVE WEBINAR FOR SEPTEMBER INTAKE!

Are you ready to embark on a transformative MBA journey at INSEAD?

Look no further! Our exclusive webinar for the September Intake is designed to equip you with everything you need to crack the code to INSEAD MBA success.

🗓️ Mark your calendars for 10th Aug, and get ready to unravel the INSEAD MBA Admissions Process from application to acceptance.

Discover the art of building a stellar resume, showcasing your unique achievements and leadership qualities that set you apart from the crowd.

Don’t miss this exclusive opportunity to lay the foundation for your INSEAD MBA success.

Register and learn more about the session here-
Coffee with MBA and Beyond

See you at the webinar!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
GRE 1: Q166 V160
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
I did not finish the last question of my video essay and now I am really worried :( Did any of you have problems while answering video questions?!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 44 [0]
Given Kudos: 40
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V37
GPA: 3.01
Send PM
daniyalnaqvi wrote:
Are AO’s open to the idea of early decisions prior to the deadline if there are valid circumstances?

yes they are. No it doesn’t hurt your application process in any way. I am a 24D admit, know a couple of friends who requested early
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  39   
Moderator:
MBA Admissions Consultant
3700 posts