Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 19:27 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 19:27

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72892 [1]
Given Kudos: 18870
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 200 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 839 [4]
Send PM
Re: How many questions do you have to practice? [#permalink]
Kudos
Bookmarks
Agree with Sergei. I have gone through a lot of material (including almost all downloadable tests ) , however, I find that apart from Kaplan, the test questions are really nowhere similar in their attention to detail (correctness, answer explanations, grammar usage, level of hardness) compared to OG. And OG represents the GMAT questions.

Therfore, considering that you would like to have 4 tests from Kaplan, two from OG and couple of more tests (full length) gives you around 650 questions. At least a similar number would be solved by a serious GMAT taker from practice tests (verbal, math practice) - definitely OG questions. So - Yes, 1000 - 1200 odd questions (eliminating double counting :lol: ) would be a nice target.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Hello everyone,

I'm at the beginning of my GMAT quest and am interested in some of the points raised on this thread.

Let me give you a little background. I'm from the UK with an arts degree but I'm also a Chartered Accountant, so I'm exposed to numbers every day. As you can probably appreciate, I'm a lot more worried about the quants section than the verbal.

Firstly;

I'm in the process of getting hold of a number of study resources and am a little confused. I have ordered both Kaplan books but I keep seeing references to "power prep" could someone fill me in on this as it seems to get a favourable response.

Secondly:

I have been looking at the Testmaters site (https://www.testmastersgmat.com/gmat/) and they seem to have some impressive resources, does anyone have any experience of them?

Thirdly;

Also, while studying for my ACA, the best policy always proved to be to practice as many questions as possible, and to repeat them as many times as possible to become attuned to all the variations. Does anyone else have any comments on this ?

Many Thanks

Dean
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72892 [1]
Given Kudos: 18870
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM