Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 14:09 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 14:09

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Tutor
Own Kudos [?]: 627 [0]
Given Kudos: 38
GMAT 1: 760 Q47 V48
GMAT 2: 770 Q49 V47
GMAT 3: 780 Q49 V51
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Tutor
Own Kudos [?]: 627 [0]
Given Kudos: 38
GMAT 1: 760 Q47 V48
GMAT 2: 770 Q49 V47
GMAT 3: 780 Q49 V51
Send PM
Re: I need some advice [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Hi,

HW = Homework.

1. I would work through the last half or third (depending on how much time you have) of the Official Guide 13th edition.

2. I would also take a Quant section from MGMAT CATs or GMATClub CATs every day (every few days you can take a day off to rest your brain and to do some extra review to solidify the knowledge). Do not work on unofficial verbal material. Ideally, I would mix up the two CATs (MGMAT/GMATClub) because they have different strengths. Make sure to spend time reviewing your answer so that you are always learning solid methods and reinforcing what you already know. Remember that both of these CATs tend to be more difficult than the real test so do not worry about the scores.

3. The 4 days before your test you can slow down the MGMAT/GMATClub Quant sections and take a GMATFocus each day. These are very close to the real test.

You should be able to solidify your Quant in a couple of weeks if you are able to do commit to this schedule. Let me know if you need more advice on this.

Happy Studies,

HG.

PS: Throughout the two weeks do a maintenance amount of verbal (only official material) and also do two more GMATPrep tests.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
HerrGrau wrote:
Hi,

HW = Homework.

1. I would work through the last half or third (depending on how much time you have) of the Official Guide 13th edition.

2. I would also take a Quant section from MGMAT CATs or GMATClub CATs every day (every few days you can take a day off to rest your brain and to do some extra review to solidify the knowledge). Do not work on unofficial verbal material. Ideally, I would mix up the two CATs (MGMAT/GMATClub) because they have different strengths. Make sure to spend time reviewing your answer so that you are always learning solid methods and reinforcing what you already know. Remember that both of these CATs tend to be more difficult than the real test so do not worry about the scores.

3. The 4 days before your test you can slow down the MGMAT/GMATClub Quant sections and take a GMATFocus each day. These are very close to the real test.

You should be able to solidify your Quant in a couple of weeks if you are able to do commit to this schedule. Let me know if you need more advice on this.

Happy Studies,

HG.

PS: Throughout the two weeks do a maintenance amount of verbal (only official material) and also do two more GMATPrep tests.

Hey,

I never timed my homework or kept an error log, but I am pretty sure that it was over time. I did keep track of questions I answered wrong in the MGMAT Advanced Quant. I know this is a stupid question but were do I get these CAT's, do you mean just the free sample on the Manhattan Website? I still have some access code unused. The GMATFocus seems affordable.

About committing to the schedule, that will be the hardest part. I experienced that there is always some task or work that comes by and eats my time reserved for GMAT. I really thought the Manhattan Advanced Quant would be sufficient to get an 48 on the actual GMAT, God am I disappointed. I spent 1 lowsy day on the verbal part and as an engineer that should be my weak part :)
GMAT Club Bot