Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 05:47 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 05:47

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 520 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools:Darden
 Q50  V51
Send PM
GMAT Instructor
Own Kudos [?]: 693 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
 Q51  V50
Send PM
SVP
SVP
 Q50  V51
Send PM
GMAT Instructor
 Q51  V50
Send PM
[#permalink]
kevincan wrote:
Imagine how impressed an admissions committee would be to see a 53 quant! His computer must have been smoking during his sitting. This could account for the lower verbal score.

On a serious note, according to GMAC, the highest scaled score in either section is 51. Some practice exams do give a score higher than 51 (CRACKGMAT, 800score). Who knows? Whatever the case, this forum has the verbal practise you are looking for!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Thanks for the advise pelihu.

Wait till I thrash your test scores and put your scores to dust. Specifically, you are my competition now.

Now I will start my Verbal practise like never before.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 213 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
That not a good attitude to have buddy!! People like you have crashed over and over again with this GMAT thing.

And if have any personal issues I would advice you to take care of them before business school... somehow I don't think a lack of social skills is going to go too well with the Adcoms.

And if you can improve on Pelihu's score... good for you.

I don't want to see you go around saying that you got a 820 on the GMAT... :shock:

And you are welcome for all the good advice we gave you. :P

Hindustan wrote:

Wait till I thrash your test scores and put your scores to dust. Specifically, you are my competition now.

Originally posted by haas_mba07 on 26 Sep 2006, 15:03.
Last edited by haas_mba07 on 26 Sep 2006, 15:06, edited 1 time in total.
GMAT Instructor
 Q51  V50
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hindustan wrote:

That sounds like a good plan- your writing is riddled with mistakes and a verbal score like Pelihu's doesn't come cheaply. Stop writing these messages and switch over to the Verbal Forum at once!
SVP
SVP
 Q50  V51
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hindustan wrote:

Uh, ok. Whatever. So you're not going to respond to my comment that you are a liar? How about to Kevin's comment that according to GMAC 51 is in fact the highest possible score (he's a reliable source).

How exactly are you going to thrash my score again? As far as I know I only left one point on the table, and none in verbal. Generally I'm really happy to see great scores reported here, and I'm predicting that we will see an outstanding score in a little over a week (I don't want to name anyone and put pressure on them); and there's no sense in comparing scores between people because of different backgrounds, time for preperation, personal concerns, etc.

But for you and your desire to "put my scores to dust", I'll lay it out right here. 50Q/51V (yes, that is the maximum possible V score). I'll have my official score report in a week or two and I'll let you know when my AWA comes back at 6.0 for the second time.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
haas_mba07,
Did you notice all through out this threa how pehilu has said certain things. Where were you then to stop pehilu from doing so?

He has brought it on.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
pehilu,
After having laid it out on the table, I probably should meekly surrender in my claim. that was an unthoughtful response from my end but it was fueled by your constant constant claims of calling me a liar.

But don't worry, my question of anyone getting 60 is still not answered. That was my focus from the very start of this thread. I have not recd an answer. Why not just scale it out of 53? or whatever is the max score if not 60.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 213 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Why should I stop pelihu from doing so? He is pointing out the right things and I agree with him 100%.

All I want to remind you of was :

a. Q51 is the max score possible and I don't believe you
b. The attitude you are showing is not good for you...
c. If you can improve on Pelihu's score.. good for you.

If you had just come in to ask for verbal help without embellishing your story, people would have been really helpful.

As for Pelihu, I know him for sometime on the board... he knows his stuff. I trust the guy.

You on the other hand... I don't know and I don't trust.

Hindustan wrote:
haas_mba07,
Did you notice all through out this threa how pehilu has said certain things. Where were you then to stop pehilu from doing so?

He has brought it on.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Pehilu's thread on his 780 score contains as follows:

Quote:
I was only dreaming of scoring 50/51, but apparently even higher scores are required for 800. Would 51/50 or 51/51 do it? Or do people actually score over 51 on either/both sections?

So your doubt of that last line is all cleared up with my Quant score. :-)
SVP
SVP
 Q50  V51
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hindustan wrote:
pehilu,
After having laid it out on the table, I probably should meekly surrender in my claim. that was an unthoughtful response from my end but it was fueled by your constant constant claims of calling me a liar.

But don't worry, my question of anyone getting 60 is still not answered. That was my focus from the very start of this thread. I have not recd an answer. Why not just scale it out of 53? or whatever is the max score if not 60.

Ok, truce accepted. I do not think that we here at GMATclub should compare scores with one another. We can leave that to the adcoms.

Look at Kevin's post. The official word from GMAC is that 51 is the highest possible score for either Q or V is 51. That's the answer, 51 is the most you can get.
SVP
SVP
 Q50  V51
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hindustan wrote:
Pehilu's thread on his 780 score contains as follows:

Quote:
I was only dreaming of scoring 50/51, but apparently even higher scores are required for 800. Would 51/50 or 51/51 do it? Or do people actually score over 51 on either/both sections?

So your doubt of that last line is all cleared up with my Quant score. :-)

Oh, brother, you're still saying you got over 51? I take back what I said. :beat
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
haas_mba07,
Quote:
b. The attitude you are showing is not good for you...

Most of my time spent on this forum was wanting to know how one can achieve 60, if it is graded out of 60. This was my question, and still stands. This question has nothing to do with attitude issues, but inquisitiveness as to why one cannot get 60.

As i have recenlty stated, I take some of my comments back from pehilu, because it was fueled by his "first" claims of calling me liar over and over again. By calling me liar also shows some attitude issues does it not?

Or are the rest of you just giving him a supporting hand, because you know him, and he has 780 behind his back.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
All said and done, I think pehilu has a great score and I wish him the best.

My takeaway if at all from this thread is as before, I need to pull my verbal socks up. But the question will remain unanswered for getting above 53 ...to a limit 60.

Good Luck ye'all.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Own Kudos [?]: 3083 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE:Business Development (Consumer Products)
Send PM
[#permalink]
I gave GMAC a call. They told me the highest possible math score is 51. The only reason they list up to 60 on both verbal and math is because their software adjusts the %'s annually, so if one year people tend to score much higher on the range, it can bump the raw scores to better distribute the top.

edit: For clarity, 51 is apparently the highest math score possible in the last two years. I dont know before that.

Originally posted by rhyme on 26 Sep 2006, 15:35.
Last edited by rhyme on 26 Sep 2006, 15:44, edited 3 times in total.
GMAT Instructor
 Q51  V50
Send PM
[#permalink]
I take this seriously because it's my job to do so. If my students ask me about the exam, I want to be able to give them accurate, timely information. Pelihu happens to be right on this issue, even if diplomacy is not always his strong suit. :wink:

Have you noticed that there is a wide range of Verbal Scores (45-51) that correspond to 99% percentile, but only one Quant. Score (51) that does so? This is also the case in the GRE exam.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]

Originally posted by josh478 on 26 Sep 2006, 15:45.
Last edited by josh478 on 26 Sep 2006, 15:47, edited 1 time in total.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Own Kudos [?]: 3083 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE:Business Development (Consumer Products)
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hindustan wrote:
All said and done, I think pehilu has a great score and I wish him the best.

My takeaway if at all from this thread is as before, I need to pull my verbal socks up. But the question will remain unanswered for getting above 53 ...to a limit 60.

Good Luck ye'all.

Why dont you just scan in your score report up and put this all to rest? Or upload the PDF.
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
   1   2   3   
Moderator:
Founder
37320 posts