GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 19 Jun 2018, 03:10

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Many economic analysts believe that a substantial increase in the numb

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
TAGS:

Hide Tags

2 KUDOS received
SVP
SVP
User avatar
V
Status: Preparing for the GMAT
Joined: 02 Nov 2016
Posts: 1539
Location: Pakistan
GPA: 3.39
Premium Member CAT Tests
Many economic analysts believe that a substantial increase in the numb [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Apr 2017, 00:07
2
4
00:00
A
B
C
D
E

Difficulty:

(N/A)

Question Stats:

61% (01:23) correct 39% (01:24) wrong based on 147 sessions

HideShow timer Statistics

Many economic analysts believe that a substantial increase in the number of nonprofessionals using online trading services should lead to raising the overall volume of the market, as well as lowering fears about investing, and a surge in public confidence in the economy.

A. raising the overall volume of the market, as well as lowering fears about investing
B. a raising of the overall volume of the market, a lowering of fears about investing
C. a raising of the overall volume of the market, along with lowering fears about investing
D. the overall volume of the market being raised, along with fears about investing being lowered
E. the overall volume of the market raising, and fears about investing lowering

_________________

Official PS Practice Questions
Press +1 Kudos if this post is helpful

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 06 Dec 2016
Posts: 251
Re: Many economic analysts believe that a substantial increase in the numb [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Apr 2017, 07:50
I got the answer right. I selected B. However, can everyone explain to me why each answer choice is incorrect.
D is out because of "being"
Intern
Intern
avatar
S
Joined: 20 Mar 2016
Posts: 34
GMAT 1: 530 Q33 V28
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Re: Many economic analysts believe that a substantial increase in the numb [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Apr 2017, 09:28
Is the option B correct? Raising, lowering and surge does not maintain parallelism.
Please correct me if I am wrong.

Thank you in advance,
Jat
_________________

Jat

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 18 Apr 2017
Posts: 11
Re: Many economic analysts believe that a substantial increase in the numb [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Apr 2017, 10:16
Jat wrote:
Is the option B correct? Raising, lowering and surge does not maintain parallelism.
Please correct me if I am wrong.

Thank you in advance,
Jat


Hi, all three of the them are noun. Raising = gerund (noun) lowering = gerund ( noun)and Surge .


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Director
Director
avatar
P
Joined: 14 Nov 2014
Posts: 667
Location: India
Schools: Rotman '20 (S)
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V34
GPA: 3.76
Re: Many economic analysts believe that a substantial increase in the numb [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Apr 2017, 21:36
SajjadAhmad wrote:
Many economic analysts believe that a substantial increase in the number of nonprofessionals using online trading services should lead to raising the overall volume of the market, as well as lowering fears about investing, and a surge in public confidence in the economy.

A. raising the overall volume of the market, as well as lowering fears about investing
B. a raising of the overall volume of the market, a lowering of fears about investing
C. a raising of the overall volume of the market, along with lowering fears about investing
D. the overall volume of the market being raised, along with fears about investing being lowered
E. the overall volume of the market raising, and fears about investing lowering


B is best here ..
A and C lacks ||ism
D is too wordy , passive .
E-||ism issue
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
G
Status: Countdown Begins...
Joined: 03 Jul 2016
Posts: 313
Location: India
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
Schools: IIMB
GMAT 1: 580 Q48 V22
GPA: 3.7
WE: Information Technology (Consulting)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: Many economic analysts believe that a substantial increase in the numb [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Apr 2017, 02:27
I got this question right just by using pure parallelism concepts. But from the meaning prospective, Choice c also looks good.

Please explain why C is wrong? Just because it lacks parallelism?
Expert Post
Verbal Expert
User avatar
G
Joined: 14 Dec 2013
Posts: 3200
Location: Germany
Schools: HHL Leipzig
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V47
WE: Corporate Finance (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Many economic analysts believe that a substantial increase in the numb [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Apr 2017, 03:09
RMD007 wrote:
I got this question right just by using pure parallelism concepts. But from the meaning prospective, Choice c also looks good.

Please explain why C is wrong? Just because it lacks parallelism?


Yes, your understanding is correct - a simple gerund ("lowering") cannot be parallel to a complex gerund ("raising").
Re: Many economic analysts believe that a substantial increase in the numb   [#permalink] 29 Apr 2017, 03:09
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Many economic analysts believe that a substantial increase in the numb

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  


GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.