Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 16:39 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 16:39

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 498 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 83 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Nice Job! Congrats.

If i have 9 mins left on the clock, can i mark one and leave for the break? In that case i could get X + 9 mins of break. Is that ok?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Gr8 Job..Gr8 score..Congratulations
Intern
Intern
Send PM
My GMAT experience [#permalink]
" If i have 9 mins left on the clock, can i mark one and leave for the break? In that case i could get X + 9 mins of break. Is that ok?"

To mailtheguru : on the GMAT, the max length of the optional break is 10 minutes. You can choose to not end the quant section even when you have solved the last question and wait and relax at your workstation till the timer expires. Alternatively, you can choose to end the section and continue with the next section or take an optional break.

The breaks are optional so you are prompted if you want to take one and you need to select "Yes" after the section ends. At this time, the proctor needs to lock the machine and note the time. The machine will be unlocked once you return from the break. You cannot leave your station until the proctor locks your station and i believe that the workstation can only be locked at the end of a section for an optional break.

So, the short answer to your question is - NO, you cannot get more than 10 mins of break time without eating in to your actual test time for any section.,

The bio info survey appears after the verbal section but the school selection screen appears before the AWA. I am not 100% sure if this is something that changes from test to test as i only took GMAT once and these sections are not available on the GMATPrep.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
My AWA essays [#permalink]
Orange, my AWA essays were about 3-4 paragraphs long. They were shorter than a few practice essays i wrote during my preparation. I did not prepare any template or did not have any particular structure for the essays in mind. I had many ideas on the given issue, but could not express them as well as i can. Did not use a lot of examples which probably hurt my e-rater score.

I did not get a good feeling after the AWA section and was expecting a score in the range of 4-5.

In hindsight, i could have used more practice and could have definitely used a structure template.
GMAT Club Bot
My AWA essays [#permalink]
Moderator:
Founder
37320 posts