Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 23:10 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 23:10

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72888 [1]
Given Kudos: 18869
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 369
Concentration: Strategy, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 620 Q44 V35
GPA: 4
WE:Analyst (Internet and New Media)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72888 [0]
Send PM
GMAT Club Error Log - The Best Tool for GMAT Preparation! [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Thank you so much for explaining . Interesting method. What is the advantage? vs just taking 10 questions and checking the mistakes (it seems quite punitive to me 😬 is that the idea?)

I have a “dumb” idea. I’m not telling you to change how you do things but one thought came to my mind which I’m sure there’s a reason you didn’t use . Why do you have to restart the quiz? Can you set a quiz with 50 questions and then as you make a mistake you don’t end the quiz but you just restart the counting of questions so if you make a mistake and question number five, you would now count question number six as your first question and go until question 15. And then you basically terminate the quiz? That would give you the exact same result as before with the caveat that you will have to write somewhere the number of the question you started with.

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Send PM
bb wrote:
Thank you so much for explaining . Interesting method. What is the advantage? vs just taking 10 questions and checking the mistakes (it seems quite punitive to me 😬 is that the idea?)

I have a “dumb” idea. I’m not telling you to change how you do things but one thought came to my mind which I’m sure there’s a reason you didn’t use . Why do you have to restart the quiz? Can you set a quiz with 50 questions and then as you make a mistake you don’t end the quiz but you just restart the counting of questions so if you make a mistake and question number five, you would now count question number six as your first question and go until question 15. And then you basically terminate the quiz? That would give you the exact same result as before with the caveat that you will have to write somewhere the number of the question you started with.
Posted from my mobile device

bb
After noticing a mistake in a quiz, like getting the 4th question out of 10 wrong, I go back and review questions 1 through 4 to understand the errors. If I don't do this, I risk repeating the mistake in subsequent questions. I think what you suggested is more effective if a person has little to no known conceptual or process-specific gaps.

I found the streaks method to be effective as it helped me quickly ascertain whether the issue was with my process or my execution of the process. For example, I realized that although I initially followed the right process for, let's say, the first 5 CR questions, but then I would start skimming or rushing the passage/stimulus for the rest of the questions simply because I was lazy. Similarly, I found out that the process I was using for answering easy CR questions didn't work well for the medium ones. I could go through a large no. of questions and then get this insight, but doing some questions while using streaks helped me get that insight ahead of time.
Another obvious advantage is that it helps you develop a discipline of consistently answering questions correctly, which seems to be rewarded by the GMAT.

This method is brutal but I think it really helps bring discipline. I got to know about this method from dcummins' debrief and MartyTargetTestPrep. I think this method can really help people who have a habbit of skimming or poor execution.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Send PM
Re: GMAT Club Error Log - The Best Tool for GMAT Preparation! [#permalink]
Hi all,

For whatever reason, my error log doesn't show questions attempted outside of a quiz.

I also noticed that data sufficiency questions (within quizzes) are not showing the possible answers (i.e. it shows the timer and the buttons to click on each letter but I can't see what each letter stands for).

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Math Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 619068 [0]
Given Kudos: 81595
Send PM
Expert Reply
felipebravo wrote:
Hi all,

For whatever reason, my error log doesn't show questions attempted outside of a quiz.

I also noticed that data sufficiency questions (within quizzes) are not showing the possible answers (i.e. it shows the timer and the buttons to click on each letter but I can't see what each letter stands for).

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

1. Can you please tell me which questions are not showing in the error log? DI questions are not yet added to the error log but other questions, when attmeptred via timer in the topic, are showing perfectly for me.

2. As for the options in DS questions. Options for DS questions are always the same.

The data sufficiency problem consists of a question and two statements, labeled (1) and (2), in which certain data are given. You have to decide whether the data given in the statements are sufficient for answering the question. Using the data given in the statements, plus your knowledge of mathematics and everyday facts (such as the number of days in July or the meaning of the word counterclockwise), you must indicate whether—

A. Statement (1) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (2) alone is not sufficient to answer the question asked.
B. Statement (2) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (1) alone is not sufficient to answer the question asked.
C. BOTH statements (1) and (2) TOGETHER are sufficient to answer the question asked, but NEITHER statement ALONE is sufficient to answer the question asked.
D. EACH statement ALONE is sufficient to answer the question asked.
E. Statements (1) and (2) TOGETHER are NOT sufficient to answer the question asked, and additional data specific to the problem are needed.

I suggest you to go through the following post ALL YOU NEED FOR QUANT.

Hope this helps.

Attachment:
2023-11-04_19-25-36.png
2023-11-04_19-25-36.png [ 166.27 KiB | Viewed 2487 times ]
Math Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 619068 [0]
Given Kudos: 81595
Send PM
Re: GMAT Club Error Log - The Best Tool for GMAT Preparation! [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Hello everyone,

Quick update: we've upgraded our error log and fixed some bugs. We've also corrected Mistakes and Notes attribution issue. Plus, now you can sort groups and quizzes by results and time in group mode.

Enjoy the new features!
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72888 [6]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Nov 26 Update:

Hi everyone, today we have released an update to the air log which incorporates data insights questions 👍🎉🙌

This was a major undertaking. As you know they insights have a different type of answer format with drowns and other complications. Starting today, your DI practice questions are displayed in the error log.

Should you run into any difficulties or bugs, please let me know.

PS. Also forum quiz is getting a major upgrade today as well and will include data insights questions as well 👍

Attachment:
DI Quiz.gif
DI Quiz.gif [ 35.36 KiB | Viewed 1564 times ]
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2