Last visit was: 21 May 2024, 13:52 It is currently 21 May 2024, 13:52
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Joined: 28 Jul 2022
Posts: 36
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [0]
Given Kudos: 101
Send PM
User avatar
Intern
Intern
Joined: 02 May 2024
Posts: 5
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
User avatar
Intern
Intern
Joined: 26 Apr 2024
Posts: 3
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
User avatar
Intern
Intern
Joined: 02 May 2024
Posts: 5
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Re: New to GMAT Club - Post Your Questions Here [#permalink]
start talking to people around you in only english.. Start also listening to english (read the lyrics wherever you dont understand/catch them), watch movies in english

Shrishail_mba wrote:
Are you working or have time on your hand?

I’m a working professional

Rashi23 wrote:
start talking to people around you in only english.. Start also listening to english (read the lyrics wherever you dont understand/catch them), watch movies in english

this was to @annuu22331
User avatar
Intern
Intern
Joined: 26 Apr 2024
Posts: 3
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: New to GMAT Club - Post Your Questions Here [#permalink]
Well that’s the same case as me and I have taken Top One Percent. Self paced course you can try that since that’s working well for me
User avatar
Intern
Intern
Joined: 02 May 2024
Posts: 5
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Re: New to GMAT Club - Post Your Questions Here [#permalink]
Shrishail_mba wrote:
Well that’s the same case as me and I have taken Top One Percent. Self paced course you can try that since that’s working well for me

even i took a session with top one percent but the problem is I engage better by having people around me rather than studying/working in silo
User avatar
Intern
Intern
Joined: 30 Apr 2024
Posts: 10
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: New to GMAT Club - Post Your Questions Here [#permalink]
For gmat coaching is imp??
Intern
Intern
Joined: 04 May 2024
Posts: 2
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Location: India
Send PM
Re: New to GMAT Club - Post Your Questions Here [#permalink]
Giri_Rima wrote:
For gmat coaching is imp??

depends on person to person i personally feel joining an online coaching is best option as it is cheap and saves a lot of time
User avatar
Intern
Intern
Joined: 02 May 2024
Posts: 9
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Location: United States
Send PM
Re: New to GMAT Club - Post Your Questions Here [#permalink]
Hello. I am just starting to prepare for taking the GMAT with the intention on testing in either October or November. I will get more advice about that later. I’ve been taking some of the practice exercises I have found online and realize that I really need to review the quant section. I am a full-time student who returned to school at 40 and about to finish my bachelors this Fall in cybersecurity Management, but this summer I only have two classes purposely so I can prepare for the GMAT. I hope to be accepted into the Artificial Intelligence and Information Systems program which is the new name for Business Analytics and Information Systems. This program is run by the university’s school of business. My plan is to study about two hours every single day. I am pretty diligent about studying daily. There is just so much information about all
the resources available, it’s a little overwhelming. I am hoping to find a comprehensive program to work through over several months but am going to try all the free trials to see what works best for me. I just really feel that on top of that I need to devote time to intensively focus on quant as well. Has anyone found any good resources for the quant? I downloaded the Magoosh App and am going through the free quant section with videos now. I see there are many different resources. I am so grateful to find a community that is on this same journey. I am here to support you as well! Can anybody suggest a good place to start in relation to the quant section? Thank you for any advice or suggestions.
Founder
Founder
Joined: 04 Dec 2002
Posts: 37464
Own Kudos [?]: 73305 [0]
Given Kudos: 19002
Location: United States (WA)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Re: New to GMAT Club - Post Your Questions Here [#permalink]
Expert Reply
RachelStarostin wrote:
Hello. I am just starting to prepare for taking the GMAT with the intention on testing in either October or November. I will get more advice about that later. I’ve been taking some of the practice exercises I have found online and realize that I really need to review the quant section. I am a full-time student who returned to school at 40 and about to finish my bachelors this Fall in cybersecurity Management, but this summer I only have two classes purposely so I can prepare for the GMAT. I hope to be accepted into the Artificial Intelligence and Information Systems program which is the new name for Business Analytics and Information Systems. This program is run by the university’s school of business. My plan is to study about two hours every single day. I am pretty diligent about studying daily. There is just so much information about all the resources available, it’s a little overwhelming. I am hoping to find a comprehensive program to work through over several months but am going to try all the free trials to see what works best for me. I just really feel that on top of that I need to devote time to intensively focus on quant as well. Has anyone found any good resources for the quant? I downloaded the Magoosh App and am going through the free quant section with videos now. I see there are many different resources. I am so grateful to find a community that is on this same journey. I am here to support you as well! Can anybody suggest a good place to start in relation to the quant section? Thank you for any advice or suggestions.

Hi and welcome. Happy to recommend to you a good resource.

Do you perform better with books or do you prefer interactive online courses? The books would cost you less than 100 bucks and the course would probably cost you several hundred dollars

this will be the most efficient way and the most organized and the most effective too.

I think in part, it would be helpful to understand where you are and how far you need to go. It sounds like you potentially have five or six months and that’s often plenty of time to do some significant studying and significant improvement but I’m not sure that you need to.
User avatar
Intern
Intern
Joined: 02 May 2024
Posts: 9
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Location: United States
Send PM
Re: New to GMAT Club - Post Your Questions Here [#permalink]
I grew up learning with books so I always buy the books even for my online classes. I take notes. With some of the math questions it is helpful to have videos for the explantations of concepts. I think I may be able
to find a lot of those online for free though.
Founder
Founder
Joined: 04 Dec 2002
Posts: 37464
Own Kudos [?]: 73305 [0]
Given Kudos: 19002
Location: United States (WA)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Re: New to GMAT Club - Post Your Questions Here [#permalink]
Expert Reply
RachelStarostin wrote:
I grew up learning with books so I always buy the books even for my online classes. I take notes. With some of the math questions it is helpful to have videos for the explantations of concepts. I think I may be able to find a lot of those online for free though.

Same here. I studied with books and I find them allowing me to focus more than the computer but there are many reasons and many advantages to computers but I always recommend using the study method that’s more natural to you. Books have Delivered results for thousands of years 😂

It’s also very easy if you take the book route. I would recommend to you to start with just one book.

Foundations of GMAT Math by MGMAT - it is like 8 bucks plus shipping. Can’t beat the price. https://www.amazon.com/GMAT-Foundations ... b_title_bk
User avatar
Intern
Intern
Joined: 02 May 2024
Posts: 9
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Location: United States
Send PM
Re: New to GMAT Club - Post Your Questions Here [#permalink]
When I read something online I always feel like I am going to miss something. I am one to go back and reread something so I can connect concepts. Thank you for your help. I know that in the future I want to be able to take practice and mock tests but I am not nearly there yet. Do you have any suggestions on books?
Founder
Founder
Joined: 04 Dec 2002
Posts: 37464
Own Kudos [?]: 73305 [0]
Given Kudos: 19002
Location: United States (WA)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Re: New to GMAT Club - Post Your Questions Here [#permalink]
Expert Reply
This will keep you busy for a month. Do take notes and make your own notes. Every time you start a new day, review notes from the past day.

This is a book for the basics. This is just blocking and tackling type of thing. nothing fancy yet. But this is IF you need to start quite a bit back and remember how dividing fractions works and how other nagging small items work.

THEN, in May/June, when the new editions of the MGMAT Guides and New edition of the Official Guide come out - pick up those and that’s all you need in terms of equipment and material.

You may need the practice tests - obviously go to mba.com and take those. They have 2 tests you can take for free and you can retake them 2-3 times and get 6 out of them. I recommend you take a practice test if you have not done so yet.

It is economical and pretty straightforward. The other 2 books I recommend are these: https://www.amazon.com/sspa/click?ie=UT ... %26psc%3D1 and https://www.amazon.com/sspa/click?ie=UT ... %26psc%3D1

It looks like they are coming out a bit later in the year (dates got pushed since the last time I checked) so you can always buy previous editions as well if the dates are not lining up. These are not high cost decisions esp compared to the cost of the test and the degree.

You get stuck - come back and see what other people have done or ask a question. You should take a diagnostic test though to get a good sense of your standing overall and to look the enemy in the eye so to speak :angel:
User avatar
Intern
Intern
Joined: 02 May 2024
Posts: 9
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Location: United States
Send PM
Re: New to GMAT Club - Post Your Questions Here [#permalink]
I just saw the post after I hit send.🤣 I will order that now. Those are great suggestions. I will order the book now. If I need more explanations I will look online. I have downloaded apps with quiz questions and free videos to my phone and iPad so I can listen while waiting to get my oil changed or at the doctor. I try to make good use out of down time like that. I took a practice test but I am not sure if it was at mba.com. I will go do that tonight. I have to be economical in this process so I think your suggestions are perfect. I saw you can earn points on this site and redeem them for testing materials. I just signed up so I have a bunch of trials so I will make sure to take a few practice tests. The one I took was less than thirty questions. I am determined and will as hard as I need to succeed. I am going to look at the books now. Thank you so much!😊 🙏
Founder
Founder
Joined: 04 Dec 2002
Posts: 37464
Own Kudos [?]: 73305 [0]
Given Kudos: 19002
Location: United States (WA)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Re: New to GMAT Club - Post Your Questions Here [#permalink]
Expert Reply
It is good to leverage other resources and tips/etc use time effectively but don’t expect major improvement from scrappy time. Your quality and score will come from dedicated quality study time. GMAT requires you to notice small nuance things in questions (that’s later) but for now, you want to do well in basics. If you are not doing well in a chapter, go back and redo the chapter. During your "free time" at oil change, I would review your mistakes and remind yourself how to solve that question, how not to make the mistake again, and why you made it in the first place but don’t count on studying progress (at least I could not)
User avatar
Intern
Intern
Joined: 02 May 2024
Posts: 9
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Location: United States
Send PM
Re: New to GMAT Club - Post Your Questions Here [#permalink]
bb wrote:
It is economical and pretty straightforward. The other 2 books I recommend are these: https://www.amazon.com/sspa/click?ie=UT ... %26psc%3D1 and https://www.amazon.com/sspa/click?ie=UT ... %26psc%3D1

I think these two books are the same or am I just reading it wrong?
Founder
Founder
Joined: 04 Dec 2002
Posts: 37464
Own Kudos [?]: 73305 [0]
Given Kudos: 19002
Location: United States (WA)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Re: New to GMAT Club - Post Your Questions Here [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Oh. Let me check, I was copying from a search page. I may have gooffed.

Yep. I goofed. One sec.

RachelStarostin wrote:
I think these two books are the same or am I just reading it wrong?

Here is the correct "second" book to purchase down the road. It is technically a bundle: https://www.amazon.com/All-GMAT-Manhatt ... 506293522/
User avatar
Intern
Intern
Joined: 02 May 2024
Posts: 9
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Location: United States
Send PM
Re: New to GMAT Club - Post Your Questions Here [#permalink]
bb wrote:
It is good to leverage other resources and tips/etc use time effectively but don’t expect major improvement from scrappy time. Your quality and score will come from dedicated quality study time. GMAT requires you to notice small nuance things in questions (that’s later) but for now, you want to do well in basics. If you are not doing well in a chapter, go back and redo the chapter. During your "free time" at oil change, I would review your mistakes and remind yourself how to solve that question, how not to make the mistake again, and why you made it in the first place but don’t count on studying progress (at least I could not)

You are 100% correct. I completed up through Calc 2 my first go round in college and always did well in math. I just haven’t used it in years. I sat down and the other night getting started and it started to come back. I am a big believer in learning the concepts. Reviewing mistakes is really good advice. I will definitely do that.
User avatar
Intern
Intern
Joined: 02 May 2024
Posts: 9
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Location: United States
Send PM
Re: New to GMAT Club - Post Your Questions Here [#permalink]
bb wrote:
Here is the correct "second" book to purchase down the road. It is technically a bundle: https://www.amazon.com/All-GMAT-Manhatt ... 506293522/

Books all ordered. Thanks again!
GMAT Club Bot
Re: New to GMAT Club - Post Your Questions Here [#permalink]
   1  ...  242   243   244   245   246  ...  250