Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 13:02 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 13:02

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GPA: 3.5
WE:Corporate Finance (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Re: UNC MAC Class of 2013 [#permalink]
The new Academic Calendar is up
https://www.kenan-flagler.unc.edu/progra ... c-calendar

MAC Academic Calendar
2012-13*

Summer Sequence
May 18 Mandatory Orientation & Test Out
May 21 Summer Classes Begin
May 28 Memorial Day Holiday — no classes
July 26 Last Day of Summer Classes
July 27 - August 12 Summer Break

Mod I
August 13 - 16 Mandatory Orientation
August 17 Module 1 Classes Begin
September. 3 Labor Day Holiday — no classes
October 12 Module 1 Classes End
October 13 - 21 Fall Break

Mod II
October 22 Module 2 Classes Begin
November 21 - 25 Thanksgiving Holiday - no classes
December 19 Module 2 Classes End
December 20 - January 6 Winter Break

Mod III
January 7 Module 3 Classes Begin
January 21 Martin Luther King Holiday - no classes
March 28 Module 3 Classes End
March 1 - 10 Spring Break & Global Immersion Elective

Mod IV
March 11 Module 4 Classes Begin
March 29 Easter Holiday - no classes
May 6 Module 4 Classes End
May 8 MAC Commencement!

*Dates subject to change
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
GPA: 3.51
Send PM
Thanks for posting, Scott. On a different note, I got an email today from UNC confirming that my $500 enrollment deposit was posted to my account. I'm guessing that those who have sent in their checks will get a similar note soon--or at least see their checks clear.

I'm curious as to what you all think of Carolina's decision to go to the UAE for the Global Immersion Elective. Has anyone here traveled there before? I'm glad to see it has been moved to the spring--which should mean that the GIE won't interfere with recruiting...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Youinsee wrote:
Thanks for posting, Scott. On a different note, I got an email today from UNC confirming that my $500 enrollment deposit was posted to my account. I'm guessing that those who have sent in their checks will get a similar note soon--or at least see their checks clear.

I'm curious as to what you all think of Carolina's decision to go to the UAE for the Global Immersion Elective. Has anyone here traveled there before? I'm glad to see it has been moved to the spring--which should mean that the GIE won't interfere with recruiting...

UAE? I didn't see that. I've NEVER been to that part of the world. Should be very exciting.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I have spent a good amount of time in the Middle East but never in the UAE. When did you hear about their decision? I knew that it was going to be in the Spring but I heard that they were thinking of going to South Africa again. While I would have enjoyed that opportunity as well, I had noticed that they had not traveled to anywhere in the Middle East for the GIE. I will be interested to see how many people will choose to attend with it being so late in the year. I'm definitely interested.

Youinsee wrote:

Intern
Intern
Send PM
I see it now. They snuck the information into the GIE description. I hope that they decide to go to multiple countries in the region and not just the UAE. I haven't seen anything about my check yet but I guess it will arrive soon.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
GPA: 3.51
Send PM
You can find the GIE listed under the "Curriculum" tab on the admitted students page. The UAE is listed there. One of my college roommates was from Pakistan, and raved about the UAE--specifically Dubai. I'm interested too, barring any major deterioration in the area.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Guys,

Any luck on the housing front ?

Also, I am planning to do some prep work from Becker's CPA books, i guess Becker's is one of the leading CPA coaching classes.

Anyone got any views on the same ? (i have 2.5 years of experience as a M&A analyst -- but almost zero accounting knowledge).
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I hope I'm not the only one who has enjoyed bandwagoning UNC basketball. I'm already learning how to properly hate Duke. Austin Rivers trained at the gym for my undergrad... to see him rip my heart out like that was pretty painful. My school couldn't care less about sports, it will be nice to go to a school that is passionate about them. Can't wait to get moved in and started.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Accounting
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V45
GPA: 3.1
Send PM
I grew up a Maryland fan so I don't think I'll ever be a true Tar Heel, but hey, at least hating Duke comes naturally to me :)
Intern
Intern
GPA: 3.71
Send PM
Hi everyone. Thanks for the information on Sunstone Apartments, Scott, they look really nice and the location sounds great. Is anyone else looking for a roommate? I'm a female, but I don't really care either way to live with a guy or a girl. Are you guys replying to the roommate spreadsheet or are you contacting people on your own?

Originally posted by dailyomnivore on 21 Feb 2012, 15:18.
Last edited by dailyomnivore on 21 Feb 2012, 15:32, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
https://www.kenan-flagler.unc.edu/admitt ... uence.ashx

2012 class schedule is posted, looks like a busy summer!
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Accounting
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V45
GPA: 3.1
Send PM
ronnycpa13 wrote:
Any idea when the Student Personal Identification Number is created ? (student PID)

The cashier's webpage says that a PID is needed for a wire transfer.

I'm guessing you figured it out already, but in case you didn't, follow this link:

https://pid.unc.edu/PIDLookup.aspx

dailyomnivore, I'm not actively looking for a roommate right now, but I wouldn't mind having one. I'll be bringing a car so that might be a plus. what is this spreadsheet you're referring to?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
ugen64 wrote:
ronnycpa13 wrote:
Any idea when the Student Personal Identification Number is created ? (student PID)

The cashier's webpage says that a PID is needed for a wire transfer.

I'm guessing you figured it out already, but in case you didn't, follow this link:

https://pid.unc.edu/PIDLookup.aspx

dailyomnivore, I'm not actively looking for a roommate right now, but I wouldn't mind having one. I'll be bringing a car so that might be a plus. what is this spreadsheet you're referring to?

Upon admission, one of the forms you could send in was the roommate-interest form or something like that. Just some basic info that they said they would have up by March 1st. Maybe it's up early?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
UNC PID - I got mine from the admissions department.

Guys -- The Week starting May 14th 2012 -- IS NOT for our batch (i.e. class of 2013)

Class of 2013 has its mandatory summer orientation on the 18th of May 2012 (Saturday) and classes begin on the 20th of May (Monday)

The timetable given on the MAC website is for the class of 2012 - its a review course for the CPA examination.

@ dailyomnivore

I am looking for a flatmate and I have filled up the roommate form.
Intern
Intern
GPA: 3.71
Send PM
Like Visirale said, the roommate spreadsheet is on the MAC Admitted Students website under Roommates and Housing. They say the list should be posted March 1.

@ronnycpa13 and @ugen64: Right now I'm looking at sharing a two bedroom/two bathroom apartment at SunStone Apartments after Scott's tip. It's within walking/biking distance to campus and it's affordable. If either of you are interested in looking into it feel free to private message me!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Hey yall.

My name is Chris and I will be attending the UNC MAC Program starting in May. I was actually a UNC undergrad (graduated in December) so I know the ins and outs of Chapel Hill already. I already sent in the acceptance check and I have all the FAFSA forms filled out so I guess my next step is the Supplemental Application. Does anyone know how we find out what classes to take? So far I feel like this is very unorganized. It actually reminds me a lot of my undergraduate career here. :lol:
Intern
Intern
Send PM
EugeneTheTJ wrote:
Hey yall.

My name is Chris and I will be attending the UNC MAC Program starting in May. I was actually a UNC undergrad (graduated in December) so I know the ins and outs of Chapel Hill already. I already sent in the acceptance check and I have all the FAFSA forms filled out so I guess my next step is the Supplemental Application. Does anyone know how we find out what classes to take? So far I feel like this is very unorganized. It actually reminds me a lot of my undergraduate career here. :lol:

Hey Chris,

Guess you could be a big help to all of us regarding housing and much more.

Which class do you wish to take ? -- Are you inclined towards taxation or auditing ?
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   
Moderator:
Senior Moderator - Masters Forum
3137 posts