Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 03:27 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 03:27

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 516 [0]
Given Kudos: 33
GPA: 4
WE:Programming (Computer Software)
Send PM
Tutor
Own Kudos [?]: 64963 [2]
Given Kudos: 428
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 516 [1]
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 974 [1]
Given Kudos: 264
GMAT 1: 620 Q49 V24
Send PM
Re: Advice needed [#permalink]
Kudos
Go with the confidence of ur preparation for last two months(it means a lot to do 3 hrs a day over two months) and believe in urself with the aim to destroy the GMAT. Don't get panicked, come what may, keep ur faith system moving and you will destroy it
Rather than anybody else, ask ur inner-self. you have scored 660 in ur earlier attempt, thereafter practiced for 3 hrs a day over two months.
I am sure if u have studied diligently over last two months, you will score around 700.
yes, i totally agree with Karishma that if you let ur nerves play with ur mind, surely you will perform badly like 600. Play with confidence and win will be urs whether it is tomorrow or anytime later.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 1111 [0]
Given Kudos: 73
Concentration: Finance
Schools: HEC '15 (A)
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V38
Send PM
VeritasPrepKarishma wrote:
First of all, you need to practice RC. You cannot afford anything below 80% accuracy on RC and CR. I wouldn't complain with a 60-70% accuracy on SC.
Your Quant is at Q47. Try and push it to Q50 which is not going to be easy. Try and identify one or two areas where you make most mistakes. Try fortifying them. In addition, I like to tackle some higher level concepts in my blog so check that out. You might pick a tip or two from there. Also, avoid those 'silly mistakes'. Double check the question and answer and see if the answer you got seems reasonable. Since you are conceptually strong, I doubt time in Quant would be an issue.

Hi Karishma,

thnx for the informative post. do u mean that to get 700+ score a person needs to get at least 80% on RC? so, having lets say 60-70% RC, but much better results on SC and CR, a person still cant expect 700+score?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 516 [0]
Send PM
I have completed all my MGMAT, GmatClub, GMATPrep practice tests. Can somebody suggest a good practice test?.
Tutor
Own Kudos [?]: 64963 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
LalaB wrote:
Hi Karishma,

thnx for the informative post. do u mean that to get 700+ score a person needs to get at least 80% on RC? so, having lets say 60-70% RC, but much better results on SC and CR, a person still cant expect 700+score?

No, that's not the case at all. The advice was person specific. Maheshsrini has 60% SC accuracy and 20 to 90% RC accuracy. His RC accuracy varies a lot, probably due to different interest and comprehension levels in different topics. If he is a Science guy, he probably performs poorly in literature passages. So my guess is he knows what to do in RC (as in he knows the question types and how to approach them etc) so some practice with passages from different fields should easily help him get 80% accuracy in all passages. Improving your SC accuracy from 60 to 80% would take more time and effort.

If you have better results in SC and CR but lower in RC, it doesn't stop you from getting a 700+. All sub sections count equally toward your Verbal score.
Tutor
Own Kudos [?]: 64963 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
maheshsrini wrote:
I have completed all my MGMAT, GmatClub, GMATPrep practice tests. Can somebody suggest a good practice test?.

Get the Veritas RC book. It has many 700+ level passages and some 750+ level too from varied fields. With the book, you will get free access to 5 Veritas practice tests.
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 974 [0]
Given Kudos: 264
GMAT 1: 620 Q49 V24
Send PM
There are free practice tests by almost all test prep companies, so you may like to try these tests. more insight by bb on:-
all-gmat-cat-practice-tests-links-prices-reviews-77460.html?fl=menu
GMAT Club Bot