Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 10:05 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 10:05

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hi Pkatz,

Thats a great score and you should be very happy! Good job!

It's funny you should mention your pee story, cos I had a similar experience on my first GMAT attempt last year! The testing rooms are airconditioned and I guess thats what makes people pee frequently, so I think it's a good idea to completely empty your bladder before you take the test!!

About your Quant experience, did you notice the test getting any easier after the initial 15-20 questions, as many have experienced?

Did you encounter any types of questions that were not covered in the OG, except probability, std. deviation maybe?

Thanks and have a great day!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Yes, the test did get easier after the first 20. I must admit that the first few questions were slightly harder than I was accustomed to facing that early in the test. I took way too much time just staring at the screen hysterically (even on easy questions). I wasn't sure though if the questions got easier after I went to the bathroom at question 18 or so because I had missed a few out of anxiety, or because this was the format. The reason it's a little difficult for me to say is because I had not done as well as I typically do, and of course questions get more difficult the better you perform.
The reason I say that the material was representative of what I saw on PP is because I would have expected no better than what I scored if I'd turned in a similarly inadequate performance on the PP tests. I found the verbal section to be slightly easier than the PP tests but of course that's the luck of the draw. The point is that it's very similar. Unfortunately I did do some of the questions in the OG before I took the PP exams, but not enough that I really recognized more than one question per section. I think the power prep tests are also tremendously useful because they give the test taker the opportunity to see how many they can afford to miss and still get a particular score. This helped me guess that I was around 700 before I chose not to cancel my scores.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
One question I forgot to answer. I did not see any std. deviation problems. I had only one easy probabilty question. No perm. I saw questions that mostly required advanced calculations unless of course you recognize the pattern or trick that they are testing for. This seemed to be emphasized quite a bit, to slow people down who actually tried to work out every problem. As a result there was actually one question that I did not get an answer to, which I don't believe has ever happened to me. I'm not sure if my description was too vague, but I think that this is about the most detail I can go into without getting in trouble with ETS.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hi Pkatz,...Thanks for your response. I know what you mean when you say ETS is trying to test if you know the "trick" to solving what looks like complex, compound problems.

Thanks again..and good luck with the applications!
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
Moderator:
Founder
37319 posts