Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 01:01 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 01:01

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Own Kudos [?]: [1]
Given Kudos:
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, International Business
WE:Supply Chain Management (Energy and Utilities)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 40
Concentration: Marketing, Finance
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 2.9
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 215 [2]
Given Kudos: 642
Concentration: Strategy
Schools: MIT Sloan - Class of 2015
WE:Consulting (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [1]
Given Kudos: 13
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V41
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Re: Harvard MBA or bust!! [#permalink]
Kudos
kingfalcon wrote:
Is this a joke? Surely you can't expect someone else to do all the research for you. Most of this information can be readily found online (HBS website, Poets & Quants, Businessweek) if you put in a little sweat equity.

agreed, and much of that info is on the HBS guide on this very site.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
thugly921 wrote:
kingfalcon wrote:
Is this a joke? Surely you can't expect someone else to do all the research for you. Most of this information can be readily found online (HBS website, Poets & Quants, Businessweek) if you put in a little sweat equity.

agreed, and much of that info is on the HBS guide on this very site.

No its not a joke, but an attempt to use the collective intellect of the forum (isnt that the whole idea of creating a forum in the first place?) to identify and list as many definitive characteristics about an elite school for the general benefit of the current and future prospectives...

If someone can contribute on one or two criteria listed, welcome....if not, then just move on...No one's expecting "all" the research to be done by someone...just contribute tidbits of what one already knows..

And if there is a place in here with the info already listed out....a link to it would be much more appreciated than a chuckle or a sneer!!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
A lot of these factors vary tremendously for each individual... for example, if you climbed Mt. Everest and less than Harvard GMAT might get you a interview invite... If you are an Indian Male in IT, good luck with an GMAT score less than Harvard's average... Read Harvard's website, attend their info session, visit the campus and talk to current and past students to see whether you would make it to Harvard instead of hoping for forums to do the grunt work for you...
Manager
Manager
Send PM
MBADreamzzz wrote:
A lot of these factors vary tremendously for each individual... for example, if you climbed Mt. Everest and less than Harvard GMAT might get you a interview invite... If you are an Indian Male in IT, good luck with an GMAT score less than Harvard's average... Read Harvard's website, attend their info session, visit the campus and talk to current and past students to see whether you would make it to Harvard instead of hoping for forums to do the grunt work for you...

Okay...so share the actual tangible stuff here....geez!

am I missing the point here?...mods??...if I can actually be able to "Read Harvard's website, attend their info session, visit the campus and talk to current and past students"...why exactly would I be still posting on this darn forum walls?

Isnt one of the functions of a "forum" to be for people to share and utilize the 'collective intellect'?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 45 [0]
Given Kudos: 39
Concentration: Technology
Schools: Sloan '14 (M)
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
Send PM
charlemagne wrote:
if I can actually be able to "Read Harvard's website, attend their info session, visit the campus and talk to current and past students"...why exactly would I be still posting on this darn forum walls?

So....you can't read their website or talk to current students or alumni....? ha, umm..good luck!
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 157 [0]
Given Kudos: 249
Concentration: Nonprofit, General Management
Schools: Michigan (Ross) - Class of 2015
GRE 1: Q170 V166
GPA: 3.22
WE:Management Consulting (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
charlemagne wrote:
am I missing the point here?...mods??...if I can actually be able to "Read Harvard's website, attend their info session, visit the campus and talk to current and past students"...why exactly would I be still posting on this darn forum walls?

Isnt one of the functions of a "forum" to be for people to share and utilize the 'collective intellect'?

Hilariously, everyone does actually manage to post here despite doing all of those things. As you navigate your individual admissions journey, I think it'll become more clear as to why that is lol. :-D
Manager
Manager
Send PM
method wrote:
charlemagne wrote:

Hilariously, everyone does actually manage to post here despite doing all of those things. As you navigate your individual admissions journey, I think it'll become more clear as to why that is lol. :-D

Okay! Okay! I take it...

but still dont understand why people are all ready to bash up someone tryin to get some info on a school, but still havent provided me with as much as a single link to start with???
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 157 [1]
Given Kudos: 249
Concentration: Nonprofit, General Management
Schools: Michigan (Ross) - Class of 2015
GRE 1: Q170 V166
GPA: 3.22
WE:Management Consulting (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Kudos
charlemagne wrote:
method wrote:
charlemagne wrote:

Okay! Okay! I take it...

but still dont understand why people are all ready to bash up someone tryin to get some info on a school, but still havent provided me with as much as a single link to start with???

Not bashing, I think people are just revealing an expectation of self-initiative. Go out and do your own due diligence first, then come back with specific questions you were unable to answer, or ask about nuances that are unclear and need clarification.

Here's a great first link from Av to get you started: harvard-business-school-hbs-103703.html

Read the HBS website, check out Youtube videos (of which there are a few of HBS!), look at BusinessWeek and USNews profiles, follow Poets & Quants, search and discover the wonder that is Sandy, and so on. HBS is certainly its own world, but more important than the school, you should start thinking about why you want an MBA, what job functions interest you, what industries interest you, and then find schools that match up. I doubt very many people have a shortlist of just HBS.

The good news is that you're here at GMATClub, so you've found the right community to join. :)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
method wrote:
Not bashing, I think people are just revealing an expectation of self-initiative. Go out and do your own due diligence first, then come back with specific questions you were unable to answer, or ask about nuances that are unclear and need clarification.

Here's a great first link from Av to get you started: harvard-business-school-hbs-103703.html

Read the HBS website, check out Youtube videos (of which there are a few of HBS!), look at BusinessWeek and USNews profiles, follow Poets & Quants, search and discover the wonder that is Sandy, and so on. HBS is certainly its own world, but more important than the school, you should start thinking about why you want an MBA, what job functions interest you, what industries interest you, and then find schools that match up. I doubt very many people have a shortlist of just HBS.

The good news is that you're here at GMATClub, so you've found the right community to join. :)

Thank You!! Finally a post that actually makes sense...and doesnt make me feel like a jester on King Arthur's roundtable!!!

I'll kudos you just for that...

A couple of things:

Whats Sandy?? heard of it for the first time here...

and

If possible, could you please help me out on this https://gmatclub.com/forum/supply-chain-management-130889.html? or get someone you know to....much appreciated..!!
Own Kudos [?]: [1]
Given Kudos:
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, International Business
WE:Supply Chain Management (Energy and Utilities)
Kudos
Quote:

I guess that helps me actually....just enlighten a path to walk on....
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 207 [4]
Given Kudos: 36
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 720 Q51 V36
Send PM
Kudos
bust
Senior Manager
Senior Manager