Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 12:42 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 12:42

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72892 [4]
Given Kudos: 18869
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 92 [0]
Given Kudos: 54
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Nonprofit, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 550 Q26 V36
GPA: 2.89
WE:Real Estate (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [2]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: Online MBA Rankings - 2011 & 2012 [#permalink]
Kudos
I appreciate the work that went into this list. I have been taking a hard look at online mba programs, and I know the data out there is lacking. My approach has been to look at the schools that offer online programs, look at the traditional programs offered by those schools (full time and part time), and finally attempt to determine the extent to which the online will leverage the full time program resources. I have not found a good resource for hard data on student satisfaction for online programs. Another challenge is that most rankings rely in large part on self-reported data from schools, and it seems there is a lack in consistency in what schools provide.

Based on the research I have been doing, I would say that Northeaster may deserve mention. Northeastern's rankings for full time and part time programs are a bit below some of the other schools listed, but they do seem to put an emphasis on their online offering.

Another school that may deserve more consideration here is Penn State. I think they suffer here because the online MBA is out of their World Campus program, which in general they handle as a seperate entity from their traditional colleges. However, their program appears to draw heavily from the Smeal College of Business, which is pretty consistently in the top 50 of the major rankings. However, they do also use faculity from their part-time programs from other non-Smeal colleges/campuses.

One final note: The Texas A&M online MBA is offered out of Texas A&M-Commerce. This program does not seem to draw from the Mays school out of the flagship Texas A&M (College Station), which is the program listed in the various rankings.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 590 Q34 V38
GPA: 3.56
WE:Analyst (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Hi BB,

Thanks for putting together this list! I have devoted quite a bit of time to researching online MBA programs, as this is going to be the best option for me (Married w/an infant child & a mortgage). I live in Houston, Tx and am also considering the UT MBA at Houston - as they confer the same degree as the FT students in Austin (and they limit their enrollment in Austin, so as not to diminish their brand - at least that's what they advertise). Anyway, what I looked for in programs was, first and foremost, the AACSB accreditation and then I made sure that the degree conferred is the same as the FT students (ie, no indication on the diploma that it was awarded via online classes) - which is why I have ruled out Penn St (not to mention all the negativity surrounding that school right now - fair or not, it still factors into people's decisions). As of now, the schools I intend to submit applications are (in order of preference): 1) UT MBA at Houston (UT is my dream school, I've been throwing up the hook 'em horns since I was a toddler) 2) MBA@UNC 3) Arizona State 4) University of Florida & 5) NC State University (this is my fall back school).

FYI...I stumbled across your website while looking on Amazon for GMAT prep books, I think I am going to go with the Manhattan series. I look forward to utilizing the resources of this forum to help me through the application process. Hopefully, I will be sharing my success story!

R/
Chris
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
list is very useful.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Send PM
very helpful article!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Based on the research I have been doing, I would say that Northeaster may deserve mention. Northeastern's rankings for full time and part time programs are a bit below some of the other schools listed, but they do seem to put an emphasis on their online offering.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
markano wrote:

good share
GMAT Club Bot