Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 05:21 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 05:21

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GPA: 3.45
WE:Marketing (Consumer Electronics)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: "Best" admission consulting companies? [#permalink]
Kudos
Hello, I think they are assigned based on your profile and the schools you want to apply to... I also believe its just Paul and Adam at Amerasia. I'm sure you can ask them when you do your consultation and they will tell you whats is best for your applications...

Good luck! :lol:
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [1]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
GMAT 1: 760 Q44 V51
GPA: 3.6
WE:Other (Other)
Send PM
Kudos
I wanted to put up a post about my experience, as Betsy Massar of [highlight]Master Admissions[/highlight], whom I used, hasn’t yet come up in this thread.

When I headed into the application process, I knew I had a fairly unique story to tell, but that I also had some obstacles: a 66th percentile Quant score coupled with a Humanities undergrad and a meandering career path (academia, journalism, family business, no brand name corporations or traditional MBA-feeder industries on my resume at all). In the end, I batted a perfect .1000, gaining admission to every program I applied to and no less than 3 full-tuition scholarship offers. I could not have done it without Betsy.

I’ve always felt comfortable expressing myself in writing, but Betsy (who has been a writing and communications coach at the Stanford GSB) brought the eyes of someone who knows what admissions committees are thinking. She’s great at getting your story straight and your essays as taut as possible: If I had a draft that wasn’t going anywhere she’d call me out right away before I wasted time on a dead end: “That’s not your real voice. You wouldn’t talk like that to someone you respected.” Or she’d send drafts back to me zeroing in on a certain passage where I should be “thinking bigger.” Brutal honesty + a deep knowledge of what adcoms at the various schools like + a great ear for sharp writing = exactly the kind of tough love you want from an admissions consultant. I get the sense that Betsy likes to work with clients who are already at a pretty high level, and bring a lot to the table, rather than building someone up from square one and packaging them for the adcom.

Betsy worked with me by the hour and the whole process starts off with a long phone call where you get to know eachother. This is officially an hour on the invoice, but mine was closer to two. She’ll do a “put you on the couch” kind of thing where she probes for what makes you tick. This is recorded and she sends you the Mp3, so you can refer back to it when you’re buried months later and thinking “wait, why did I want an MBA again in the first place?” After that, most of her services are via email, sending back marked-up drafts. Turnaround time was 48 hours, but I don’t think it ever took her that long. Sometimes when I was in a real rutt we’d schedule a phone call and bat ideas back and forth. This is one of the real benefits of a boutique operation like Betsy’s over the big names in this business. By exerting editorial control over whom she takes on as a client, Betsy makes sure she has time to do it right. It's not an assembly-line type of service. You don't get emails back from a guy buring through a pile of apps and making them all sound "Harvardy" without even looking at the name at the top of the essay or from a stranger with dozens of other apps dropped on his desk by the boss. Betsy's is a deep-dive, high-touch kind of service for people who are really serious about getting the most out of their consultant.

Also, she has a new book out called Admitted, if you want to get a sense of her voice & approach. I recommend her 100%, but if you want more details or have specific questions, feel free to PM me.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
** FIRST POST **** LOW CREDIBILITY WARNING **

I worked on my application with Aringo and got admitted to the Tepper MBA. The moderators of this forum can reach out to me and check. I've only recently discovered this thread (therefore it's my first post here) and decided to share my experience for future generations.

When I decided to apply for MBA programs I started looking for a consultant and eventually contacted Aringo. I was assigned to an experienced consultant, and although he wasn't an MBA graduate he has done a terrific work on my application. I liked his professionalism, which was represented by the great "milking" sessions for the essays, the diligent work on the resume and the great ideas he had for the recommendations. My consultant was very helpful and resourceful, even questions that he did not know he would ask other professional at Aringo and get back to me ASAP. I also liked the way he prepared me for the interviews and his insistence on going through the little details.

What I liked about Aringo in general was the drive for the little details, the fact that the company is focused on helping the customer at any cost. They really work as a team, combining MBA graduate with consultants who has a background in marketing writing. They have this "round table" strategy, meaning that each consultant can ask for expert opinions at the critical decision points throughout the application process.
I would recommend Aringo to MBA candidates without even thinking twice. I remember looking at my essays at the end and how I was amazed by the great work.

The only thing I didn't like so much is the cost. I had financial problems at the time, so it looked like a costly package, but looking back I would say that it was worth it.

Originally posted by cmu2010 on 22 Mar 2012, 13:27.
Last edited by theK on 08 Jun 2013, 12:01, edited 2 times in total.
Low credibility warning
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Send PM
I worked with Laura Freedman at Access Education (https://accesseducation.com.sg/), and had a great experience. She is very knowledgeable about the process and you can tell that she's been doing this for a long time. I received honest and constructive feedback and really appreciated the personal attention I received.

In addition, her experience as an INSEAD alumni interviewer was a huge help. The bottom line is that Laura provided me with everything I hoped for in a consultant.

I would highly recommend anyone applying to get in touch with Laura and at least take advantage of the initial consultation. Feel free to send me any specific questions you might have.
MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: Founder, Amerasia Consulting Group
Own Kudos [?]: 268 [0]
Given Kudos: 264
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hey e1984:
Thanks for the vote of confidence.

I just wanted to add that it was just Adam and me a few years back. Thanks to a little hard work, great clients, and of course these forums, we have grown quite a bit since then. We have almost 20 consultants on staff now, each one personally vetted by Adam and me. Drew Hoff is simply excellent and I personally feel very fortunate to have a consultant like him on staff. In my experience its rare that you get the trifecta of real passion, the right priorities and of course, expertise. That's what Drew brings to the table. Hell, that's what Adam brings to the table - as well as every single one of our consultants. Holla!

Anyway, if you have any questions about Drew or Amerasia or the average rainfall in the Amazon basin - please email us at mba@amerasiaconsulting.com.

Respectfully,
Paul Lanzillotti

e1984 wrote:
Hello, I think they are assigned based on your profile and the schools you want to apply to... I also believe its just Paul and Adam at Amerasia. I'm sure you can ask them when you do your consultation and they will tell you whats is best for your applications...

Good luck! :lol:
MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: Founder, Amerasia Consulting Group
Own Kudos [?]: 268 [0]
Given Kudos: 264
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hey sfz85:

If there is anything I can do at all to help address any questions you have about Drew or Amerasia, please do not hesitate to reach out to me - mba@amerasiaconsulting.com.

Respectfully,
Paul Lanzillotti

sfz85 wrote:
Hi,

Does anyone have any feedback for Drew Hoff from Amerasia Consulting?

Also does anyone have any idea of how consulting firms assign consultants? For example, it seems that most people here who worked with Amerasia Consulting worked with Adam or Paul (who both have near 100% satisfaction rates). What does it mean for one's candidacy if you are assigned to a different consultant?

Thanks!!!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Send PM
After a significant amount of debate between the "Big 3" consulting shops and Tyler Cormney of MBAPrepSchool, I went with Tyler. And I could not be happier.

I was introduced to Tyler through a friend who used Tyler through his admissions process (who matriculated at Sloan). Although moderately reluctant to spend money on something I could possibly do on my own, I realized that an MBA admissions consultant could be very helpful – not to mention, it seemed that >50% of applicants who matriculated at a brand name school used a consultant.
As such, I began researching various MBA admissions consulting firms (the Big 3) and speaking with their past customers. Although some of them did seem happy with their experience, I estimated that about 2/3rd were either 1) woefully unimpressed with the work 2) felt ripped off 3) did not get into a top school 4) were given a “guarantee” of admission that amounted to worthless 5) felt like they were going to provide a cookie-cutter approach.
With this information at hand, I quickly moved to secure Tyler’s services.
What differentiates Tyler from everyone else is that he is incredibly creative, incredibly knowledgeable, wonderful listener (he remembers absolutely everything) incredibly disciplined, and intensely focused on crafting a compelling narrative. My undergraduate school was impressive, my GPA was not, and my leadership background was not particularly interesting – however, Tyler was able to help me craft an incredibly, fascinating story to tell the admissions committee. Even more importantly, he was able to help me better understand/determine what I want to do with my life.
In summary, getting into a top notch MBA school is very hard – there are hundreds of other people just like you and I with similar GMAT, GPA, and leadership experiences. The key (that I reluctantly learned) is that you must separate yourself from the rest of the pack by crafting a compelling narrative – at which Tyler is second to none. I highly recommend Tyler – so much so that I referred my younger brother to him (he is now matriculating at Kellogg). Tyler is absolutely, unequivocally worth every penny.
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72891 [0]
Given Kudos: 18869
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
Misterchipper, thank you very much for posting a review!

if you have a minute, would be great if you could post this one here too: https://gmatclub.com/reviews/

You can use this link https://gmatclub.com/reviews/select.php
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Send PM
Feel free to email me for verification
Intern
Intern