Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 12:17 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 12:17

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 91 [0]
Given Kudos: 62
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 335 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 335 [0]
Send PM
Re: 720 Q:49 V:39 [#permalink]
Hi Ican,

How to cut down on verbal errors.The gprep is too harsh on the verbal scoring part.if i get 11 or 13 incorrect by score varies from 30 to 35.I think for scoring in the 700 range i need to get at least 37-38 in verbal.Is it right time to buy gmat prep1 question bank since my exam is scheduled next friday.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: 720 Q:49 V:39 [#permalink]
mrinal2100 wrote:
Hi Ican,

How to cut down on verbal errors.The gprep is too harsh on the verbal scoring part.if i get 11 or 13 incorrect by score varies from 30 to 35.I think for scoring in the 700 range i need to get at least 37-38 in verbal.

The scoring part that you see in Gmat prep is exactly how real Gmat works. I was in the same situation a month before the test. You are close and some more effort will push you to your target. At this point you have to analyze the results from the test and see how you can cut down those errors and get a few more correct answers. Identify the weak areas and also think about the time management.

Some times the errors may not be because of lack of concepts but because of not balancing the time on all questions. Many times for the questions that we are not sure about, we spend time deliberating between the answer choices -- going back and forth again and again. You will need to cut down on these. After the prescribed time limit for each question types, any more deliberation between the final two answer choices is as good as picking one of them and moving on.

If the errors are due to a weakness in a specific area of the concepts(e.g. modifiers, inference questions), go through those concepts again and practice some more questions in those areas. Repeat this process. The data from a gmat prep practice test should last you week to address all aspects.

hope that helps.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 113 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 620 Q43 V33
GMAT 2: 730 Q50 V40
Send PM
Re: 720 Q:49 V:39 - The mental aspect of the test [#permalink]
Congrats ! 720 is a great score
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1207 [0]
Given Kudos: 114
Concentration: Finance, Finance
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
Send PM
The mental aspect of the test is sooooo big! All the things you hit on were perfect. If you can control ALL the aspects that you have control over then you are already ahead of the game.

Congrats on the high score!

PS. I hit on a lot of these "mental" aspects in my post here: 10-tips-to-improve-your-score-app-with-no-extra-studying-124393-20.html along with many other ways to control the things you have control over!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Thanks Zynga and Gmatla. Gmatla - your posts on various topics are quite helpful.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Hey Congrats on the big score :)
How long did you take for preparing or what was ur timeframe and daily study plan for the prep..
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Founder
37311 posts