Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 12:28 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 12:28

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [3]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 812 [0]
Given Kudos: 37
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT Date: 08-16-2012
GPA: 3.05
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Re: Accepted to a top program with a 590 and 2.97 GPA! [#permalink]
Congrats on your admission.

You only have a reason to celebrate.
Seriously, guys like you need to come visit here more often to share great information with others.

You sound like have a firm position towards your career.

Cheers.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
GMATISMYWITCH wrote:
JoshKoscheck wrote:
Are you trolling? Part time is not nearly as competitive as full time.

You understand the purpose of this forum right? It's an outlet, a resource and a support group for aspiring MBA students trying to gain acceptance into a program. I'm sharing my experience because when I first got my 590 score a year ago, I was upset and hopeless. I want to provide hope to everyone who hasn't done well on the GMAT that there is still hope and that truly their entire application is looked at. A alternate transcript can bring new life to your application.

Your remark towards Part-time programs is condescending and shows your lack of maturity and understanding. Full-Time programs seem more competitive because they are usually geared towards candidates with minimum work experience who are also able to take time off from work and/or currently unemployed. With our current economy, many of our current undergraduates are finding it difficult to find work, so their next option is to go back to school and get an additional degree; so it is natural that the Full-Time programs have become so competitive. In addition, because the minimum work experience, Full-Time programs are also more focused on academics and test scores. In contrast, Part-time programs put more weight on work-experience. Part-time academic requirements are slightly lower, but the work experience has much more weight. Also, Part-time candidates are typically working or have several years of work experience more than the average full-time candidates. Please also keep in mind that is difficult to work a full-time job and study for a MBA part-time.

As a MBA prospect/student I'm surprised you didn't recognize that both are equal products that are packaged differently to serve different customer base. Regardless if I partake in a Part-Time program or Full-Time program, I will still get my diploma that says University of Southern California Masters of Business Administration. I'm sure if there was any difference in programs they would mention it.

I wish you the best in your pursuit for an MBA. You definitely need it and obviously have a lot to learn like the rest of us.

Why are you mad? I'm impressed you can infer so much about me based on one sentence!

"Full-Time programs are also more focused on academics and test scores. In contrast, Part-time programs put more weight on work-experience."

See the above? Hence why I am asking if you are trolling. :roll:
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
JoshKoscheck wrote:
GMATISMYWITCH wrote:
JoshKoscheck wrote:
Are you trolling? Part time is not nearly as competitive as full time.

You understand the purpose of this forum right? It's an outlet, a resource and a support group for aspiring MBA students trying to gain acceptance into a program. I'm sharing my experience because when I first got my 590 score a year ago, I was upset and hopeless. I want to provide hope to everyone who hasn't done well on the GMAT that there is still hope and that truly their entire application is looked at. A alternate transcript can bring new life to your application.

Your remark towards Part-time programs is condescending and shows your lack of maturity and understanding. Full-Time programs seem more competitive because they are usually geared towards candidates with minimum work experience who are also able to take time off from work and/or currently unemployed. With our current economy, many of our current undergraduates are finding it difficult to find work, so their next option is to go back to school and get an additional degree; so it is natural that the Full-Time programs have become so competitive. In addition, because the minimum work experience, Full-Time programs are also more focused on academics and test scores. In contrast, Part-time programs put more weight on work-experience. Part-time academic requirements are slightly lower, but the work experience has much more weight. Also, Part-time candidates are typically working or have several years of work experience more than the average full-time candidates. Please also keep in mind that is difficult to work a full-time job and study for a MBA part-time.

As a MBA prospect/student I'm surprised you didn't recognize that both are equal products that are packaged differently to serve different customer base. Regardless if I partake in a Part-Time program or Full-Time program, I will still get my diploma that says University of Southern California Masters of Business Administration. I'm sure if there was any difference in programs they would mention it.

I wish you the best in your pursuit for an MBA. You definitely need it and obviously have a lot to learn like the rest of us.

Why are you mad? I'm impressed you can infer so much about me based on one sentence!

"Full-Time programs are also more focused on academics and test scores. In contrast, Part-time programs put more weight on work-experience."

See the above? Hence why I am asking if you are trolling. :roll:

I'm glad you're easily impressed but don't be, I barely needed to put in any effort. Who said I was mad, i'm impressed you can infer that from just one paragraph.

The competitive nature of any of the programs had nothing to do with my original post. So I find it odd that you would bring that up and suggest that I was "trolling". Perhaps you should stop assuming things and take things for face value. Original post suggest that I want to share this to give hope to others.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1207 [2]
Given Kudos: 114
Concentration: Finance, Finance
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
Send PM
Kudos
First I want to say congrats! You've obviously worked hard to achieve your goal here. And even though part time programs are not as competative, the USC PM program is quite strong, and with an average GMAT score and GPA above your score, you were fighting an uphill battle. Congrats again.

PS. You are obviously not trolling. Josh has been warned for his poor manners. Well done on your acceptance!
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Founder
37320 posts