Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 11:20 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 11:20

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Strategy, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
GPA: 3.4
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Re: GMAT Prep1- 690:Quant- 49, Verbal-34 - Help needed in Verbal [#permalink]
Kudos
aniruddha601 wrote:
@ mahajanakhil1985: I did see questions from OG, but as I didn't remember answers to them I couldn't leverage from these questions. Also, most of the SC questions which went wrong in the test were from OG itself

You seem to be doing well. I also scored 700 in Prep 1 but I saw around 6-7 questions which I had already solved during practice. So, even if you did not remember answers to the questions which you had seen already, you sub-conscious mind might have remembered them. I will say that you take mocks so that you can have a fair idea of where you stand in verbal section. I took mocks of MGMAT and as per my experience, they show inflated score in verbal section. You get 14 questions wrong in them and your score will still be around 38. I understand that it is the level of question which we get wrong affects our score, but still I didn't find MGMAT's verbal section's scoring criterion credible. I ended up getting 25 in verbal in GMAT, my score was 600 (Q48, V25) :(.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 700 Q44 V42
Send PM
Kudos
Don't let the simplicity of this response fool you: read an American newspaper every day. It helps you in all 3 parts of Verbal. The GMAT tests the grammar you find in the newspaper, tests what information is contained in a passage, and tests your ability to zoom in on specific parts of an argument (every article in the newspaper is an argument whether you notice it or not). Read the newspaper every day and it will help you more than you think.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi,

Ron videos were helpful on approaching RC's especially Inference based questions. I have started out practicing RC's using the techniques mentioned in the video's.
Can anyone recommend any video/ material for CR as well? Although I have done CR bible, I feel it is too vast. For revising or aiming for accuracy in difficult CR questions it will be helpful if I have concise theory/practice materials.
Also, I am doing SC's from OG-12 and 13 while looking up explanations from Aristotle's - Ultimate one minute explanation guide. Is it the right approach to improve accuracy in SC's?

Regards,
Intern
Intern
Send PM
aniruddha601 wrote:
Hi,

Ron videos were helpful on approaching RC's especially Inference based questions. I have started out practicing RC's using the techniques mentioned in the video's.
Can anyone recommend any video/ material for CR as well? Although I have done CR bible, I feel it is too vast. For revising or aiming for accuracy in difficult CR questions it will be helpful if I have concise theory/practice materials.
Also, I am doing SC's from OG-12 and 13 while looking up explanations from Aristotle's - Ultimate one minute explanation guide. Is it the right approach to improve accuracy in SC's?

Regards,

Would really appreciate if experts pitch in and help me in these areas :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
aniruddha601 wrote:
Sad to see no replies :(

Can any expert please pitch in his/her comment?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1074 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Schools:MIT / INSEAD / IIM - ABC
 Q48  V32
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
Surprising!! :!: with same Quant & Verbal break up on GMAT Prep CAT-1, I scored 680
GMAT Club Bot