Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 15:15 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 15:15

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 844 [0]
Given Kudos: 92
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [4]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 5
WE 1: Medical devices,
WE 2: Consumer electronics
Send PM
MBA Prep School CEO & Co-Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Send PM
Re: "Best" admission consulting companies? [#permalink]
Expert Reply
racerk123 wrote:
** FIRST POST ** LOW CREDIBILITY REVIEW WARNING **
[what does this mean?]

I worked with Tyler himself and had a terrible experience. Which is why I am back to the drawing board this year. Even if I had been admitted, my working relationship with him was not a positive one. I found him to be difficult to communicate with and pretentious at best. His application input was weak and careless and I think he just had too much on his plate to really care much about me and my apps. There were glaring errors in some of his edits, no creativity or thoughtfulness and...I guess I will stop there. Enough said. I do not recommend.

I am very sorry to learn that you were dissatisfied with your experience as my client. I admit that I was caught off guard when I read this review because I have never received feedback of this kind, even from the handful of clients over the years who were not accepted to business school. That said, I accept responsibility and want to learn more about where I went wrong in your case. I promise you that I do care deeply about the success of my clients as my other performance reviews on this site reflect (https://gmatclub.com/reviews/instructor/ ... -345345498).

I would be grateful for the chance to talk to you. Please respond to my PM.

Sincerely,
Tyler
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM

!
Moderator's Warning: - User with low number of posts. High potential for a non-genuine review. If you're the poster, the warning can be removed if you can provide proof of service to the moderator.

Hi,

I saw this thread and thought I'd share my experience working on my application with Aringo.com.
After almost a year of hard work I have succeeded and been accepted to Wharton, and I will note that this was in the second round.
Aringo and my consultant walked me through this long challenging process, from choosing the desired MBA program, helping me find my creativeness and express it in the best way possible to making it to the deadlines with excellent polished documents, and they did it with a lot of patience, serious professionalism and great attitude.

I am sure that our work together made all the difference in how my writing turned out, and I know that Aringo's efforts in managing all the editing and application details made the final results possible. I would fully recommend their services to anyone facing this task of getting into the top schools.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Anyone else had a chance to work with Betsy Massar from Master Admissions? Can't find anymore reviews on her.
Own Kudos [?]: 99 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Marketing, Strategy, Entrepreneurship
Schools:University of Chicago, Columbia, Wharton, Stanford, Harvard, Cornell, NYU, Duke, Indiana
Send PM
Hi tgrlil:

Thank you for posting your review of MyMBAAdmit. This is Khyati Soparkar, Owner and Client Mentor.

We have looked through our records and don't have any customer complaints as you described. Had we heard about this, we would have of course tried to remedy the situation. It is unfortunate when a client chooses to not speak up at the time, and then posts something later which is difficult to respond to productively without any names/details. However, we appreciate your feedback, and hope you were successful in your business school applications. We have helped many clients, and are committed to their satisfaction.

We have sent you a PM (private message) to get more specifics around your experience. If you would like to call or email us, we would love to hear from you. This is the first time of hearing of such an issue, and we are eager to fix it.

We apologize for the experience you felt you had, and hope you are successful in your future endeavors.

Regards,
Khyati Soparkar
@MyMBAAdmit

Originally posted by MyMBAAdmit on 01 Aug 2012, 19:03.
Last edited by MyMBAAdmit on 06 Nov 2013, 12:42, edited 3 times in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Having worked with many other consultants at this point, I'm very confident that there really isn't any comparison in the services provided by MyMBAAdmit and the other firms I worked with. Given the comments and edits you provided, it was clear that no amount of feedback could have brought MyMBAAdmit's services up to par. This is the risk one takes when hiring a consultant and prepaying.

Again, if anyone has any specific questions about the experience please feel free to get in touch.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Edit: Moderator Note: Review has been verified.

Try "Access Education". Based in Singapore and run by an INSEAD alumnus Laura. I just received my pre-selection email from INSEAD. She is really good esp for INSEAD applications.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
Bookmarks
Edit: Moderator Note: Review has been verified.

I also used Access Education as an Admissions Consultant when I applied to INSEAD and worked directly with Laura Freedman - she was brilliant! If you want to apply to INSEAD, she is definitely the best in the business. She knows exactly what type of candidate the school is looking for and will be open and honest with you about your chances of success right from the outset. She draws out the best in you so that you shine on paper and is also really inspiring to work with. I wouldn't look anywhere else if your dream school is INSEAD.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 134 [0]
Given Kudos: 36
Send PM
mourinhogmat1 wrote:
Yeah, I would like to who is the best consultant for Indian and International students specifically the highly represented group?

We are a small, boutique team and we've had a presence on GC for several years. So a little bit of research on the site should help you form a perception about us.

For starters, check out the MBA Crystal Ball thread and our responses to applicant queries on various other threads on GC. See if you find our suggestions/ideas indepth and useful.

You'll find the occasional pat on the back from old-timers on GC, like --> this one.

Several clients who've got into the top schools (some with partial/full scholarships) and felt comfortable talking about the association have shared their success stories on our blog.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 280 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 690 Q50 V33
GMAT 2: 730 Q50 V39
GPA: 3.6
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
I noticed some weird things about Aringo reviews and MBAPrep school.

MBA Prep School - Even though all the reviews have been written by posters with multiple posts, just one of them mentions the school the person was admitted to. Isn't that weird?

Aringo - All of the reviews have been written by 1st time posters.

Are they really as good as they say?

Lastly, how reliable are these admission 411 essays.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 72 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
GMAT 1: 660 Q41 V40
GMAT 2: 720 Q49 V39
WE:Analyst (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
Hello! So I haven't actually bought a consulting package from a particular company, but I've just had 4 free consultation sessions and wanted to share my experience while it's still fresh in my mind.

1) Stacy Blackman: This was my very first session, so I wasn't particularly prepared for questions. The consultation was set up fairly quickly, and the consultant emailed me with time suggestions. After I had picked one for the same day, she asked me to end her my resume. I couldn't since I was at work, so I asked her if she wanted to reschedule. She said it was OK and that she would just ask me some questions about my job.

She called right on time! The questions she asked me were basically... when I graduated, gpa, major, UG school, and current position at work. She told me I was too young to be applying right now, and that based on my GPA (which is super low... from a state school), my to choices (Columbia and Stern Langone) were more than reaches. Basically, that I shouldn't even really be considering them. I was shocked at her bluntness, but very appreciative. She told me to wait 1-2 years to apply, and switch companies (to one that would give me a promotion), a lateral move. She didn't know much about Stern's PT program, but told me that one of the biggest benefits of that is that the class is filled with older individuals who have accomplished so much more in their career. Because I was so young, it might be even MORE difficult for me to get in. And then listed schools that were within my reach. I ended the call because I didn't have any more questions and she didn't either. It lasted about 21 minutes.

What I appreciated was her bluntness. It was a reality check, and based on that I decided to wait till next year to apply. But I really don't think she tried to get to know me, and what really bothered me was that she didn't give me ways to enhance my position. So I left this meeting really discouraged, and really sad.

2) Stratus Prep: The person I spoke with was a LOT more encouraging than the consultant from Stacy Blackman. He did call a bit late, I was about to start driving back home from work when he called and I pulled over to a parking spot lol. But it was <10 min. He told me that I needed to treat my GPA like a cancer cell- isolate it and make every other part of my app spectacular. I asked him about leadership suggestions, and he said that it really depends on my own assessment. Whatever volunteer leadership role I take should mesh will with the overall theme of my application- which makes sense. He gave me HOPE, that Columbia wasn't completely out of the question. He also told me a lot about the packaged programs, as well as their gmat programs, and stats.

This guy tried getting to know me a little bit more but I also felt like he was trying to market to me a lot too. I felt like he was a little too encouraging.. but maybe I'm just being overly sensitive. Oh, what I didn't like was that he didn't look at my resume beforehand because he was asking me questions that he would've known if he did. Where I worked, where I graduated from... it was all there. Something worth noting about their package is that you can get it very early and at no extra cost. For example, for someone like me wanting to apply for Fall 2014, I could get the package now and have my consultant work with me on revving up my resume.

3) Accepted: Holyyyy mofo could this lady talk. She gave me lots of advice, even advice on what to do after admission. She also told me to shoot for my dream school, but also apply to other schools within my league (and listed a bunch of them within my area). She was so down to earth, it was easy for me to connect with her. It was really a lot of repeated stuff from what the guy previous to her said. Nothing too new, and nothing I didn't know already from this forum :P Oh, and one thing to note is that this gal definitely looked at the resume I had sent her, even before my call with her (during our emails prior to the call).

4) MBA Prep School: The consultant I spoke to stood out from every other one I've spoken with from the VERY beginning. He didn't wait for me to talk, he basically took control of the conversation from the beginning which I thought was a LOT more productive. What were my long-term and short-term career goals? Where did I want to be post MBA? Why Columbia? Why Cornell? Was there any explanation to why my GPA was so low? Leadership outside of my sorority that I still do now? He had a comment about every one of my answers, and he gave me so much GOOD advice that no one else had ever mentioned. In this short amount of time, he tried to get to know me and tell me where I stood and what I would have to do to even be competitive. That, and he gave me examples of leadership I could do within my community. We went over the allotted time (which I did not do with anyone else) and I felt.. safe with him, if that makes ANY sense. I trusted in what he said, and I trusted that his company would be the best. I had that sense of relief, like FINALLY someone who really knows what they're talking about. And it's not just because of his charming accent :D

I have a few more consultations, and I will definitely update my post after I have them. But I don't think I'll be scheduling any more until next early next year. I don't feel like asking the same questions and hearing the same answers again. But for now, I think MBA Prep School is going to be really hard to beat. As of right now, I have my sights set on them!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Has anyone on the forums actually USED StratusPrep?

They've been around for awhile but I've seen just a couple of reviews...nothing too specific either. Would love some input here.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
Send PM
Hi Everyone,

I had read many a good reviews about Amerasia from last year and never a bad one, but I am starting to see quite a few negative reviews coming up on Gmatclub threads this year.

Can anyone who has hired Amerasia recently share their experience please? Might be really helpful!!
Especially to people (from India etc) for whom an admission consultant could be a huge investment!!
Affiliations: Founder, Amerasia Consulting Group
Own Kudos [?]: 268 [0]
Given Kudos: 264
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi Giusippe:
Thanks for reaching out.
I received your PM, complete with questions and request for materials, and will be following up with those individual items via PM.

I did have a question with respect to the nature of the reviews you reference below - as I am not sure this is the case. Additionally, in your PM to me you prefaced your requests for information/materials with "Have read a lot of good references about Amerasia on Gmatclub." So I am sure we can discuss that as well.
Looking forward to it ...
- Paul

giusippe wrote:
Hi Everyone,

I had read many a good reviews about Amerasia from last year and never a bad one, but I am starting to see quite a few negative reviews coming up on Gmatclub threads this year.

Can anyone who has hired Amerasia recently share their experience please? Might be really helpful!!
Especially to people (from India etc) for whom an admission consultant could be a huge investment!!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [0]
Given Kudos: 99
GMAT 1: 680 Q50 V32
GMAT 2: 700 Q49 V36
Send PM
If anyone has tried vikram shah mba admission consulting, please share your experience.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi Paul,

As I said in my post - "I had read many a good reviews about Amerasia from last year and never a bad one", I had looked through the posts last year and am convinced that Amerasia has been extremely good in putting aspirants into schools they aspired to. And hence my PM and my questions to you.

However I was going through this thread and came across some references- one on page 15 of this thread I think and another on some other page and it got me wondering 'how come?' and hence this post asking people to share their experiences.

If those references were anomalies, many more good references would prove that to be so, would they not?

PaulLanzillotti wrote:
Hi Giusippe:
Thanks for reaching out.
I received your PM, complete with questions and request for materials, and will be following up with those individual items via PM.

I did have a question with respect to the nature of the reviews you reference below - as I am not sure this is the case. Additionally, in your PM to me you prefaced your requests for information/materials with "Have read a lot of good references about Amerasia on Gmatclub." So I am sure we can discuss that as well.
- Paul

giusippe wrote:
Hi Everyone,

Affiliations: Founder, Amerasia Consulting Group
Own Kudos [?]: 268 [0]
Given Kudos: 264
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi Giusippe:
I understand your concern and your question. I sent you a PM last night and we can go from there. Please respond via PM or email me at mba@amerasiaconsulting.com.
Respectfully,
Paul

giusippe wrote:
Hi Paul,

As I said in my post - "I had read many a good reviews about Amerasia from last year and never a bad one", I had looked through the posts last year and am convinced that Amerasia has been extremely good in putting aspirants into schools they aspired to. And hence my PM and my questions to you.

However I was going through this thread and came across some references- one on page 15 of this thread I think and another on some other page and it got me wondering 'how come?' and hence this post asking people to share their experiences.

If those references were anomalies, many more good references would prove that to be so, would they not?

PaulLanzillotti wrote:
Hi Giusippe:
Thanks for reaching out.

- Paul

giusippe wrote:
Hi Everyone,

Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi Paul,

Replied to your PM. Let me know!

Regards,
Pradeep