Last visit was: 29 Apr 2024, 06:00 It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 06:00

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 53 [0]
Given Kudos: 44
Concentration: Marketing, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q47 V47
Send PM
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2063 [0]
Given Kudos: 69
Schools:Brown University, Harvard Business School
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 53 [0]
Given Kudos: 44
Concentration: Marketing, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q47 V47
Send PM
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2063 [0]
Given Kudos: 69
Schools:Brown University, Harvard Business School
Send PM
Re: Profile evaluation and next steps [#permalink]
Expert Reply
forevertfc wrote:
Hi,

I thought I would update this and ask for your assessment.

I wrote the GMAT today - for the 2nd time - and score a 750 (Q47 V47 IR8). Is this any good for my target schools or do I need to retake? (Is my Quant too low?)

I've revised my post career goals a bit as I want to go into strategy consulting, with the main focus on sales and marketing strategy. The goal is still to start my a firm at some point, though I think this career path will set me up in a better position to do so.

The schools I am looking at now: Kellogg, Kelley, UCLA, Duke.

Am I competitive? Any other schools I should consider?

I'm also contemplating looking at consulting services for my admissions process. Will I gain from doing this? Thanks!

Retake?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!!!???

After a 750?!?!?!

No way man!

Congrats!!!!

(Was that clear enough? :) )

Dude, a 750 is totally rock-on awesome. Don't even THINK about retaking. You have done the best thing you could in terms of showing your potential and academic capabilities.

Like I wrote, it won't totally efface your low GPA, and maybe H/S/W are out of range, but now I think there are lots of others that are in range. The next most important thing will be your story, esp. your story about your grades. You come across as very honest and straightforward, while simultaneously actually having some good reasons which would help explain your very low GPA. That plus your fantastic GMAT should help you a bit. Bu the schools will still have to be convinced about your future.

In terms of selecting schools, I think you are off to a good start. Since your goals are in management consulting, really any school could prepare you for this career. I think with great essays you could be competitive at these schools, although we can consider more schools that might be good for you too.

Consulting? Of course I think it would help. Especially in situations like yours, in which there is a big "blemish" in the application (but thankfully, only one), a great story and a great strategy can make a world of difference for you.

Best,
JF
Moderator:
Admissionado
9221 posts