Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 04:38 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 04:38

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 80 [1]
Given Kudos: 109
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.67
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: Destroyed by the Gmat Twice. [#permalink]
bobacdigital wrote:
hellscream wrote:
The drop in your verbal score is the result of paying little attention to it in your preparation. Now, you should focus on the basic first. In this stage:
-Verbal:
+SC: MGMAT SC will provide you details about how GMAT SC works. Read theory, do the problems at the end of each chapter (in OG). If you get wrong, return to review the theory. Take notes of your mistakes.
+CR: Solve problems in OG. If you can, buy CR Bilbe. Its structure is very clear , straight to the point and you can find most types of CR questions there.
+RC: read fiction or newspaper daily. Try to find structure, tone of the reading passages.

-Quant: Use MGMAT books to review basic theory. solve all problems in OG; MGMAT CAT's quant is difficult than that of the real test so that you should not do it now.

They are first steps. Hope it helps.

If I buy the 8 book set for MGMAT, would that be sufficient enough to study CR and RC (paired with OG) or do you think the CR Bible needs to supplement that?

The CR Bible is really, really good in my opinion. I would definitely buy it no matter which other books you have bought.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 67 [0]
Given Kudos: 25
Schools: HBS '16
GMAT 1: 670 Q42 V40
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.47
WE:Corporate Finance (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
I would say that you should try to do Manhattan's LiveOnline class.. The class is 9 weeks long and if you have the time and resources to do it, I think you will see a significant improvement in your score.

There is lots of homework and tests that you will have to do as part of the class but that may be a good thing for you as well.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 80 [0]
Given Kudos: 109
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.67
Send PM
bobacdigital wrote:
hellscream wrote:
The drop in your verbal score is the result of paying little attention to it in your preparation. Now, you should focus on the basic first. In this stage:
-Verbal:
+SC: MGMAT SC will provide you details about how GMAT SC works. Read theory, do the problems at the end of each chapter (in OG). If you get wrong, return to review the theory. Take notes of your mistakes.
+CR: Solve problems in OG. If you can, buy CR Bilbe. Its structure is very clear , straight to the point and you can find most types of CR questions there.
+RC: read fiction or newspaper daily. Try to find structure, tone of the reading passages.

-Quant: Use MGMAT books to review basic theory. solve all problems in OG; MGMAT CAT's quant is difficult than that of the real test so that you should not do it now.

They are first steps. Hope it helps.

If I buy the 8 book set for MGMAT, would that be sufficient enough to study CR and RC (paired with OG) or do you think the CR Bible needs to supplement that?

I think you should buy CR Bible.... even if you possess MGMAT 8
Intern
Intern
Send PM
AbeinOhio wrote:
I would say that you should try to do Manhattan's LiveOnline class.. The class is 9 weeks long and if you have the time and resources to do it, I think you will see a significant improvement in your score.

There is lots of homework and tests that you will have to do as part of the class but that may be a good thing for you as well.

Everything I have heard about prep courses is that they arent worth the money, although the reviews of the MGMAT classes seem to be very good... Do you have any other info on the experience?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
even I have taken it twice.
Once without studying scored 500 and after studying properly got 480.

What and how I dont understand. As though I have no control over it.
What can I do. I thought upto a 600 was achievable for now
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Concentration: Sustainability, Strategy
GPA: 3.88
Send PM
[quote="harsha88"]even I have taken it twice.
Once without studying scored 500 and after studying properly got 480.

Sometimes when you don't think about the technicalities of questions and simplify what you're focusing on, you get the best results that way. It seems that the first time you took the test, you probably weren't focusing on the small things you learned about during your review. Once you feel like you've got down what you have been studying, go into the test and put yourself (mentally) in the same study setting. This will calm you and allow for your exam to be less stressful. Another tip is when you have done well on one part of the exam, continue to review this part while you are studying to take it another time. There is no harm in this, it may actually help you score.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Get a tutor. WOrk on the OG's and know the basics and work your way up.
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Founder
37319 posts