Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 08:51 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 08:51

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 195 [0]
Given Kudos: 41
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
Schools: ISB '15
GPA: 3.49
WE:Analyst (Computer Software)
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 166 [0]
Given Kudos: 562
GMAT 1: 640 Q43 V34
GMAT 2: 630 Q47 V29
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 76 [0]
Given Kudos: 35
Concentration: Marketing, Entreprenurship
Schools:Tepper, McCombs, Kelley, Darden, Andersen
 Q50  V28 GMAT 2: 730  Q51  V40
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Status:<strong>Nothing comes easy: neither do I want.</strong>
Own Kudos [?]: 3595 [0]
Given Kudos: 235
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
Schools: ISB '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V31
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V35
Send PM
Re: 670 to 710 a long journey without destination :) still Happy [#permalink]
methevoid wrote:
Gurpreet paaji...
fatte chak dete....!!! (To Non-Punjabis - it means INCREDIBLE FEAT)

That debrief is one of the most inspiring one which I have read in all my GMATprep time.
We all know motivation and determination can do wonders, but it is the feat achieved by you (Cracking GMAT in less than 80% fitness) that set examples for fellow gclubians to emulate.

Thanks for becoming an inspiration for me, I am really going to follow your approach of spreading the GMAT prep in 6 months. Till 2 weeks before I was working hard to write GMAT at Nov-end, but after reading your success story I truelly believe GMAT can not be fooled in 2 months. It is an exam of nerves, of adaptability and of logic all these 3 things together cant be improved in haste. Those people who crack GMAT in first attempt at 740+ belong to the other breed, but those like us (<670 scorers) who spend a lot of their lives on GMAT prep but still do not get past 7XX barrier should really take a lot of inspiration from you.

Good luck for yur apps. May you get the best that you desire.

TOPIC BOOKMARKED !!!!

Thanks bro for your kind words. Half of the battle is won when we consider our opponent a respectful enemy. Gmat deserves his place.

Good luck for your preparation.

Jp27 wrote:
dude great stuff man.... All the very best for your apps. All will fall in its place. :D

Cheers

Thanks JP for the wishes. I also hope every thing will fall in its place and will take its own sweet time. Till then just cheeeeeeers.

themagus wrote:
Gurpreet paaji!
Wonderful news. Really appreciate your efforts...

It's a special post for me because I will take on the beast for the 3rd time tomorrow!
After gaining so much inspiration from your post, I will also be able to perform on the G-DAY :D

Good luck with your application process (both to B-schools and prospective life-partners ;)

Cheers,
Prasad

Thanks Prasad. You hit the bulls eyes by pointing on both the Big M's - Mba and Marriage.

How was your 3rd try?
SVP
SVP
Send PM
igloo wrote:
Hi Gurupreet,

Thank you for taking the time out and addressing the specific things I am struck with !
I was married last year and took the GMAT within 6 months then and ofcourse i got busted :)
Nevertheless I took a healthy break , moved to a new job where I am a individual contributor and my role is not so client specific (It means there is less pressure @ work). I started prepping again since september 2012.

I have won a Veritas prep course in Gmat Club contest in september end and also completed some of their books for now.

Yes, Thanks a lot I likes your specific advice about honey and water. But is it like cold / hot water I should use for the mix up ? And also, I will be buying the gmat prep question pack today. Thanks for the advice.

As far as my preparation goes,

I have completed :

Powerscore CR + 20 % of OG12 CR (starting from the last)
Veritas prep SC + Aristotle SC grail 3rd edition + Mgmat SC Advanced chapters 12 and 13 + 20 % of OG12 SC (starting from the last)
Veritas Prep SC problem set.
Veritas prep CR problem set.
Veritas prep Airthematic and few topics from Mgmat Number properties.

I require a week more to complete the quant and planning to take Remaining Mock CAT's and gmatprep question pack for a week till Nov 16.

I am planning to book a date on Nov 20, 2012.

Do not give CAT's other than GMATprep. if you have ample time for more CATs , better retake the gmatpreps again.
For honey, best is to use warm water, the heat of water at the max tolerable by our body. That is, the heat of water should not be more than what we can bath. If we use hot water, honey becomes toxic -a s per ayurved. But modern people drink honey with tea- A BIG MISTAKE.

For exam day it wont matter much, just use the normal bottle water. But for daily consumption just use little warm water. Honey+water bypasses the digestion and get absorbs into the blood within secs, a phenomenon that gives instant energy. And being a natural antiseptic ( honey+water forms H2O2 - hydrogen peroxide), it will cure many health ailments.

I could not even revise the gmatprep and gmatprep pack issue, let alone the retake of questions. Do revise all the questions again as they truly represent the difficulty level.

I think if your wife is supportive, then marriage will bring more good. :-D The love and the care , including good diet, of the wife can bring fruitful results.... Good luck for the exam.
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Sachin9 wrote:
Badhai ho Gurpreet Ji :) You rocked it!!

I have questions with regards to Quant.

You said questions on the actual gmat are not like OG and they are tricker than OG.

What if someone is aiming only for 48/49 .. will OG suffice? I understand that for 51, you gotto study from GMAT Prep and Question pack..

I won't recommend having such constraint on your approach.
That gmatprep and question pack can not guarantee you 50-51, as the Og's can not do so for 48-49. These are merely the tools that can prepare you for different levels of the exam. Gmat is highly unpredictable beast so you may even get all the easy questions and score 50-51 and mostly difficult questions and score 47. Do not go under prepared and must do gmatprep and pack 1. Period.

shovitdhar wrote:
Very happy for you gurpreet. Your persistence is commendable. To persevere for more than 1 year is not easy. You can relax now for sometime. Congrats and hugs on the achievement again :)

:-D
Thanks Shovitdhar, it was two years back when I was obsessed with my 49 in quant. I have grown not only professionally but also personally. So Gmat teaches you a lot of things in life. After my JEE preparation, only instance when I worked hard like hell is gmat prep. I could not get good rank in JEE, though I had cleared both screenings and mains. I attributed my JEE failure to lack of ability to handle the exam anxiety. I was merely 15 years old. That day I took decision not to let anxiety ruin my exams, the decision that ruined some of my engineering exams as I became too much cool about the exams 8-) I know it happens with even IITians too. But this time it was a different enemy. So life is all about searching for such enemies and eliminating them one by one.
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 628 [0]
Given Kudos: 192
Send PM
Hi Gurpreet Singh,

I am having timing issues in SC. Not able to nail down a SC question in 75 seconds as recommended. It takes me 2 mins to solve a SC question.
Have finished OG12/OGV2/OG10 and some of GMAT Prep.

Best on your experience with SC questions in actual exam, what is your suggestion ? Should I revisit these questions again.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 67 [0]
Given Kudos: 66
Concentration: Tuck,Cornell,Duke
 Q47  V20 GMAT 2: 560  Q45  V22
WE 1: 4.6 years Exp IT prof
Send PM
Amazing..... to be honest I was wondering why you haven't given your exam because we had a conversation earlier, about 2 years ago, when I also gave GMAT and scored pathetically on verbal.
But good to see that at last you did it man.
Heartiest Congratulations.....!!!!
I was too scared of Gmat (only Verbal) beacuse of that I haven't given a single test after my last GMAT exam but now after reading your post - I think I can.
Verbal is my weakness for that I have enrolled for e-gmat SC course alone and sticking to the GMAC questions alone lets see where it takes me.
All the Best for your Apps !!!
SVP
SVP
Send PM
AbhiJ wrote:
Hi Gurpreet Singh,

I am having timing issues in SC. Not able to nail down a SC question in 75 seconds as recommended. It takes me 2 mins to solve a SC question.
Have finished OG12/OGV2/OG10 and some of GMAT Prep.

Best on your experience with SC questions in actual exam, what is your suggestion ? Should I revisit these questions again.

Abhi, revise all these questions again and wherever you feel you are not confident do re-read the concepts from the books.

buy gmatprep question pack 1...and just do official questions. re-do...revise.... revise and revise.

Every one is different, even I m not able to do sc questions quickly so what I did was I compensated my time on CR questions if it looks difficult. I had spent more time on SC and RC to make sure i Do not miss much of them.
on CR if the premises looks easy I used to do else used to do random guess. I did this during gmatprep.

selfAnnihilation wrote:
Amazing..... to be honest I was wondering why you haven't given your exam because we had a conversation earlier, about 2 years ago, when I also gave GMAT and scored pathetically on verbal.
But good to see that at last you did it man.
Heartiest Congratulations.....!!!!
I was too scared of Gmat (only Verbal) beacuse of that I haven't given a single test after my last GMAT exam but now after reading your post - I think I can.
Verbal is my weakness for that I have enrolled for e-gmat SC course alone and sticking to the GMAC questions alone lets see where it takes me.
All the Best for your Apps !!!

I took some time off and later got so much busy at the job I realised it is better to give my exam now as I will be occupied with so many things later on. Yes at last I did :)....thanks for the wishes.

For practise I think gmac questions are enough. Just practice them multiple times..and u r set to go....

Good luck !!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Thanks for the extensive debrief brother!!!

I can understand your low feelings as even I myself feel the score is on a little bit lower side, considering the hard work you put and the caliber you have. I have been following you since long.

All in all, 710 is a pretty decent score and I hope you get one of your cherished schools.

Moreover,I remember once you shared excellent post on inequalities with the tips and tricks you mastered in your school(i remember even the wording you put :-D )
I am not able to find that thread despite several unfruitful searches. In case you have that post with the tips and tricks,please send me the link to that.

Best of luck with your apps.
SVP
SVP
Send PM
SukhdeepSingh wrote:
Thanks for the extensive debrief brother!!!

I can understand your low feelings as even I myself feel the score is on a little bit lower side, considering the hard work you put and the caliber you have. I have been following you since long.

All in all, 710 is a pretty decent score and I hope you get one of your cherished schools.

Moreover,I remember once you shared excellent post on inequalities with the tips and tricks you mastered in your school(i remember even the wording you put :-D )
I am not able to find that thread despite several unfruitful searches. In case you have that post with the tips and tricks,please send me the link to that.

Best of luck with your apps.

I m Glad to know my posts have helped you. Please check this link inequalities-trick-91482.html?hilit=%20inequalities

Thanks alot for the wishes. :lol: 710 is good score when catalysts - pray and wishes - are part of the app.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1330 [0]
Given Kudos: 63
Send PM
Just a question regarding the GMAT prep pack 1. How long do you get access to these questions once they are purchased?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1176 [0]
Given Kudos: 50
Concentration: Marketing
Schools:IE'14, ISB'14, Kellogg'15
 Q47  V26 GMAT 2: 540  Q45  V19 GMAT 3: 580  Q48  V23
GPA: 3.2
WE 1: 7 Yrs in Automobile (Commercial Vehicle industry)
Send PM
Gurpreet Ji

today i took the test and i am happy to touch your score in 4th attempt. Got 710 (Q49, V40). I am scared about IR. I think i did very bad on that. Not confident abt any answer.

Thanks a lot for ur suggestions and motivation for those who fear verbal..
SVP
SVP
Send PM
nelz007 wrote:
Just a question regarding the GMAT prep pack 1. How long do you get access to these questions once they are purchased?

You can instantly unlock the prep pack.

SOURH7WK wrote:
Gurpreet Ji

today i took the test and i am happy to touch your score in 4th attempt. Got 710 (Q49, V40). I am scared about IR. I think i did very bad on that. Not confident abt any answer.

Thanks a lot for ur suggestions and motivation for those who fear verbal..

You must update your gmat club profile with your 710 score.. :P
Do not worry about IR. Concentrate on Apps.
SVP
SVP
Send PM
UPDATE : Official report

AWA 5.5
IR 6
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Send PM
Hi Gurpreet,

Quick question about the GMAT Question Pack 1- are you able to reset your previously answer questions for repeated practice?
SVP
SVP
Send PM
liarish wrote:
Hi Gurpreet,

Quick question about the GMAT Question Pack 1- are you able to reset your previously answer questions for repeated practice?

Yes you can reset. for more details pls follow this thread.

gmatprep-question-pack-1-review-131392.html
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Update: I m currently preparing my essays for UCLA anderson. I have been in contact with students and alumni and I think UCLA is a perfect fit for me. My deadline is jan first week so time is less and work is more.

Lesson learnt : You gotta spend a lot of time for your application to single school so make sure you apply to the one where you would be joining for sure if you get through. Otherwise you would be wasting your money, time, energy and time of adcoms.

Any tips from the veterans are welcome !!
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 6048 [0]
Given Kudos: 543
Send PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsufdfABKIM

This might help you. Check it out.
SVP
SVP