Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 07:50 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 07:50

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Tags:
Show Tags
Hide Tags
e-GMAT Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 30801 [8]
Given Kudos: 637
GMAT Date: 08-19-2020
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 45 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V34
GMAT 2: 750 Q51 V40
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
e-GMAT Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 30801 [0]
Send PM
Re: A Multi Level Marketing company (MLM) builds its business through spon [#permalink]
Expert Reply
abikumar wrote:
Maximum 500, Minimum 200. Too many words confused me, and hence was totally thrown out and ended up mixing Commission points and Cumulative points. But took a step back and realized that Commossion Points were to be calculated only for Pat, coz associates' commission points under Pat have no significance.

Anyways, my bet is Max 500 and Min 200. Let me know the OA.

Hi abi,

Yes you are correct. Answer is 200 &500. Just posted an add-on question. You must attempt. what-you-choose-is-what-you-weigh-143895.html

-Shalabh
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: A Multi Level Marketing company (MLM) builds its business through spon [#permalink]
Shalabh,

Thanks. I tried that other question too. Please let me know whether my solution there is right.

Regards,
Abhishek
e-GMAT Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 30801 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
abikumar wrote:
Shalabh,

Thanks. I tried that other question too. Please let me know whether my solution there is right.

Regards,
Abhishek

Hi Abhi,

Yes, you are correct. Keep it up. Pl. try this one too. multi-source-reasoning-question-advertising-channels-143952.html

-Shalabh
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 4054 [0]
Given Kudos: 156
Send PM
Shalabh,
Kudos man.. :)
Can you please share the explanations for this qs. ?
This is indeed a tricky one and also very time consuming I think..

It would be really great if you can come up with strategies to shot them within 2 minutes time constraint.

Appreciate your reply.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 52
GPA: 3.65
Send PM
abikumar wrote:
And the reasoning is as follows:
Total Commission Point For Pat == 900 - (Max Cumulative Point of Level 1 Associates)
So Commission Point For Pat is
1. Maximum when "Max Cumulative Point of Level 1 Associates" is Minimum and
2. viceversa.

So,

1. Max Cumulative Point of Level 1 Associates is Maximum when All the Level 2 and Level 3 Associates are under one Level 1 Associates
So one of the Level 2 Associate Cumulative Point will be 700 and the other one’s cumulative point will be 100. Hence Commission Point for Pat == 900 – 700 = 200.

2. Max Cumulative Point of Level 1 Associates is Minimum when the Level 1 Associates have same Cumulative Point. (Coz a mismatch in Cumulative Points will decrease the Commission Point for Pat).
So the Level 2 Associates have Cumulative Point == 400 each. Hence Commission Point for Pat == 900 – 400 = 500.

i have got the minimum value equalet to 200,,,,but can't figure out the maximum value, which in my case is 600,,,can u plz help me out in simple explanation,,,thank u in anticipation,,,,
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi Maryam, the tree for the maximum value is something like this:

---------Pat-------
---A---------B-----
--CD-------EFG---
----H--------------

Value of cumulative point of B will be 400 which is as follows: B(100)+E(100)+F(100)+G(100) = 400
Value of cumulative point of A will be 400 which is as follows: A(100)+C(100)+D(100)+H(100) = 400

Remember the catch is that for A and B we need to calculate the cumulative point and not the commission point (which will be 300).

Extremely sorry for a late reply and for the distorted tree, am not very good at posting pictures on gmatclub.

Please let me know if you need any more clarity. Hope it helps.

Regards,
Abhishek
e-GMAT Representative
Send PM
Expert Reply
Maryam787 wrote:
abikumar wrote:
And the reasoning is as follows:
Total Commission Point For Pat == 900 - (Max Cumulative Point of Level 1 Associates)
So Commission Point For Pat is
1. Maximum when "Max Cumulative Point of Level 1 Associates" is Minimum and
2. viceversa.

So,

1. Max Cumulative Point of Level 1 Associates is Maximum when All the Level 2 and Level 3 Associates are under one Level 1 Associates
So one of the Level 2 Associate Cumulative Point will be 700 and the other one’s cumulative point will be 100. Hence Commission Point for Pat == 900 – 700 = 200.

2. Max Cumulative Point of Level 1 Associates is Minimum when the Level 1 Associates have same Cumulative Point. (Coz a mismatch in Cumulative Points will decrease the Commission Point for Pat).
So the Level 2 Associates have Cumulative Point == 400 each. Hence Commission Point for Pat == 900 – 400 = 500.

i have got the minimum value equalet to 200,,,,but can't figure out the maximum value, which in my case is 600,,,can u plz help me out in simple explanation,,,thank u in anticipation,,,,

Hi Maryam,

Pl. see this image. Hope it helps.

-Shalabh
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1372 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Concentration: International Business, General Management
GPA: 3.86
WE:Accounting (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
Hi Egmat,

I have a small doubt regarding Max value i got 600 as the max value

I have drawn a tree some thing like

--------------A--------------
----B----- ----C--------
-----D---- -- -E-F-G-H-----
-----I----

in the above case we get 900-300=600, may i know how you ruled out the above case?
e-GMAT Representative
Send PM
Expert Reply
mydreammba wrote:
Hi Egmat,

----B----- ----C--------
-----I----

in the above case we get 900-300=600, may i know how you ruled out the above case?

Hi,

Pl. read the 4th line of the dataset/question narration. It says... The associate's 'Commission Points' equals 'Cumulative Points' of associate's group less Maximum 'Cumulative Points' generated by any of the associates directly under him.

As per your arrangement, A's (Pat) commission Points = A's Cumulative points - C's Cumulative points, since between B & C; C (500) has more points than B. The condition says choose maximum of the two, so we have to choose C rather than B. You have deducted B's cumulative points (300) in the calculation.

Hope you get it right.

-Shalabh
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1372 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Concentration: International Business, General Management
GPA: 3.86
WE:Accounting (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
egmat wrote:
mydreammba wrote:
Hi Egmat,

----B----- ----C--------
-----I----

Hi,

Pl. read the 4th line of the dataset/question narration. It says... The associate's 'Commission Points' equals 'Cumulative Points' of associate's group less Maximum 'Cumulative Points' generated by any of the associates directly under him.

As per your arrangement, A's (Pat) commission Points = A's Cumulative points - C's Cumulative points, since between B & C; C (500) has more points than B. The condition says choose maximum of the two, so we have to choose C rather than B. You have deducted B's cumulative points (300) in the calculation.

Hope you get it right.

-Shalabh

Thanks shalabh Now i get it, i guess i need to improve my reading skills
e-GMAT Representative
Send PM
Expert Reply
mydreammba wrote:
egmat wrote:
mydreammba wrote:
Hi Egmat,

----B----- ----C--------
-----I----

Hi,

Hope you get it right.

-Shalabh

Thanks shalabh Now i get it, i guess i need to improve my reading skills

Thank you!

Pl. view this video on RC by Ms. Shraddha Jaiswal- 1 M user on GC contest winner. Hope this helps improve your reading skills. https://www.facebook.com/gmatclubforum?s ... TUNQRK1gIA

-Shalabh
Non-Human User
Own Kudos [?]: 822 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Hello from the GMAT Club BumpBot!

Thanks to another GMAT Club member, I have just discovered this valuable topic, yet it had no discussion for over a year. I am now bumping it up - doing my job. I think you may find it valuable (esp those replies with Kudos).

Want to see all other topics I dig out? Follow me (click follow button on profile). You will receive a summary of all topics I bump in your profile area as well as via email.
GMAT Club Bot
Moderators:
Math Expert
92933 posts
DI Forum Moderator
1030 posts
RC & DI Moderator
11181 posts