Last visit was: 20 Sep 2024, 18:07 It is currently 20 Sep 2024, 18:07
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
GMAT Date: 08-09-2015
GPA: 3.5
WE:Research (Retail)
Send PM
Own Kudos [?]: 74 [0]
Given Kudos: 46
Send PM
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Own Kudos [?]: 53 [0]
Given Kudos: 24
Send PM
Re: GMAT Study Plan - How to Start your GMAT Prep [#permalink]
Please visit the following link to get Optimus Prep's 60+ hours GMAT on demand video course: https://www.optimus-prep.com/gmat-on-demand-course

It costs only $299 and is especially well suited for non-natives because it covers all GMAT concepts from A-Z (the verbal part is explained in great detail) and has our score improvement or 100% money back guarantee. 8 GMAT practice tests and 125 pages of course material are included as well.

Please be aware that it is the best rated GMAT online course on gmatclub!

If you have further questions please visit our website or contact our live chat.

OPTIMUS PREP
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Send PM
Hi guys,

Today I 've finished the second official practice test. I didn't expect to receive such a low score - 480. First attempt - 560. I prepared about a month for my second attempt. Each day - 2 hours + holidays 4 + hours. But still I haven't improved my score.

This month I studied SC book Manhattan + read fiction books; for math I reviewed foundation of Math Manhattan and after that finished quant part of 1 037 Q Princeton a couple of days ago.

My weakest point is Verbal section. I think that I need to take a strong online course in order to improve my score.

Also, I can't strongly improve my Math score, usually I have 63-68 percentile.

My purpose is 700+ and i would like to pass GMAT in August. But I 'm very nervous because of previous test resutls.

Hope, you will help me!:)
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 75374 [0]
Given Kudos: 21014
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
NikolayGlu
Hi guys,

Today I 've finished the second official practice test. I didn't expect to receive such a low score - 480. First attempt - 560. I prepared about a month for my second attempt. Each day - 2 hours + holidays 4 + hours. But still I haven't improved my score.

This month I studied SC book Manhattan + read fiction books; for math I reviewed foundation of Math Manhattan and after that finished quant part of 1 037 Q Princeton a couple of days ago.

My weakest point is Verbal section. I think that I need to take a strong online course in order to improve my score.

Also, I can't strongly improve my Math score, usually I have 63-68 percentile.

My purpose is 700+ and i would like to pass GMAT in August. But I 'm very nervous because of previous test resutls.

Hope, you will help me!:)

It is common for the scores to go down - don't waste tests or your time taking tests until you have finished your prep.
Think of it this way - you are training for a triathlon. You have mastered running but not swimming or biking, and you keep taking triathlons.... the question is why you keep doing that and not just focus on running or the next area?

You should include the raw scores since your overall scores mean little. Also, it is not clear which tests you have taken.... you also should not be surprised by a practice test. YOu should be getting regular results from your exercises which I hope you time.
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [1]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Send PM
Kudos
Hi BB,

Thank you for your previous reply!

I completed two practice tests from Free Official GMAT Prep Software.

My resutls: 1 test: 560 (Q43;V24)
2 test: 480 (Q44; V14)

I would like to choose the right strategy that can help me a lot to increase my scores. Also, I 'm ready to work hard in order to achieve the result.

Kind regards,
Nikolay
Own Kudos [?]: 74 [1]
Given Kudos: 46
Send PM
Kudos
Will gmatclub math book suffice to cover all topics of the examination ?
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
I started studying about 4 months before I took the test, 2 hours a day 6 days a week, and I got a 620 the first time.

I recomend buying the GMAT prep books if you study well by yourself, if not probably the Economist GMAT prep program is the best option.
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Kudos
Great post bb!
Loved each and every part.
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
been 7 days of starting. thanks anyways
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
been 7 days of starting. thanks anyways
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Marketing
GMAT Date: 07-15-2014
GPA: 4
WE:Education (Education)
Send PM
My I ask you dear gmatclub members, why do you need to start from Math? Maybe it will be good idea to Math and Verbal simultaneously? Thank you
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Hello,
I am planning to give my GMAT in August end 2014. I am not really good at math or verbal either. I want to score between 680-720. Can anyone give me a 2 months exhaustive plan?? I am in desperate need of a study plan. I reviewed BB's study plan. It's really good and thorough but I needed a 2 months plan. I have GMAT OG-13, Manhattan Sentence Correction Guide and Power-score CR bible. (PDF versions, so no CD-ROMs or tests) Can anyone please suggest me what all other books I need to buy? Is Manhattan's Math Foundation a reliable book? Thanks!
Own Kudos [?]: 72 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
WE:Marketing (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Dear fellow members can you please tell me how to start with grammar. If i cover each and every topics of "gmatclub Grammar Book" whether it will be sufficient or i need to start with any grammar book like Wren and Martin etc etc.
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Brilliant guidance, thanks for this!

Constant, incessant practice is the key really isn't it.

One site I can't rave about enough is Business Because.

Very good for finding the right admissions consultants too!
Own Kudos [?]: 56 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V41
GPA: 3.93
WE:Corporate Finance (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Hey guys,

I took the GMAT about 4.5 years ago as an undergrad and didn't really know how to study for it. I kinda winged it, doing some problems for 1-2 hours per day for 12-13 days and took the test and hit 640. Since then, I've been through all 3 levels of the CFA program and have become a studying machine. I plan to start studying after the World Cup final and dedicate 9 weeks of 14-18 hours per week (130-160 hours) to studying for an early September test.

I'm targeting over 700 and would like to hit >720. Am I being realistic?

EDIT: I've got the MGMAT books, MGMAT Advanced Quant, OG, and Kaplan 800 to work with.
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Admin has shared very good study plan. Apart from online resources there is an alternate option to prepare for GMAT exam. Specially when you are finding it hard to take out more time. You can also study on mobile. There are many mobile App available in the market which offer good GMAT exam prep course like magoosh, gradestack and many more. The best part is that you can study on the go. Infact lot of students are using these app and finding it helpful. All the best with your preparation.
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 837
Concentration: General Management, Leadership
GMAT Date: 04-24-2013
WE:General Management (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
hi all

I think minimum 3 months to 6 months are required for GMAT specially if you are out of touch in studies. And for non-natives it is good to spend some work on fiction and magazine reading. Trust me this is not a crash-prep kind of examination.

regards
Siva
Own Kudos [?]: 56 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V41
GPA: 3.93
WE:Corporate Finance (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
sivaspurthy
hi all

I think minimum 3 months to 6 months are required for GMAT specially if you are out of touch in studies. And for non-natives it is good to spend some work on fiction and magazine reading. Trust me this is not a crash-prep kind of examination.

regards
Siva

I don't know many people that have spent six months studying for the GMAT. In my two month plan, I plan to log approximately 160 hours. I'm VERY much in touch with studying as I just finished preparing for L3 of the CFA exams. I can't see spending the same amount of time studying for the GMAT as I spent studying for CFA Level 2 (6 months), as there's but a fraction of the material there. Moreover, my job requires significant reading and writing for sophisticated audiences.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  30   31   32   33   34  ...  42