Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 17:57 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 17:57

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 680 Q45 V38
GPA: 3.5
WE:Programming (Other)
Send PM
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2063 [0]
Given Kudos: 69
Schools:Brown University, Harvard Business School
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 680 Q45 V38
GPA: 3.5
WE:Programming (Other)
Send PM
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2063 [0]
Given Kudos: 69
Schools:Brown University, Harvard Business School
Send PM
Re: Profile Evaluation Request 680/Indian Male/WE 3-Years [#permalink]
Expert Reply
shankar35619 wrote:
JonAdmissionado wrote:
shankar35619 wrote:
I am planning to apply to full time programmes in the US for fall 15'. I am an Indian male of age 24.

GMAT : 680(Q45,V38) (Booked another appointment. Had a bad day)

Academics :

X : 89.1%
XII : 94.1 %

UnderGrad : Engineering in Electronics & Communications at Manipal Institute of Technology
- GPA : 8.01/10
- Did an intern ship at the Centre of advanced computing . Worked on Networking protocols for 2 months.
- Completed a project which helps transmit information of accidents in remote areas for quick medical response.
- Part of the design team for Electronics club.

Work Experience :

After graduation, I joined Robert Bosch in June 2012. I have been working in the automotive division of Bosch for the past 2 years.

- Promoted within a year of joining.
- I was working in a function specific team(Engine cooling/Air conditioning) for about 1.5 years along with German colleagues . I was appreciated for my high levels of productivity during my tenure with this team.
- Currently moved to a customer specific role. I am working for Honda along with Japanese colleagues.

Extra Curricular

- Have been a guitar enthusiast for a long time. I have played once on stage.
- Have won awards for acting during my high school days.
- Completed A1 certification in German Language for better customer interaction.(In Bosch)

Career Goals

- I want to shift my career focus towards marketing in the technology sector.

Financing an MBA in the US is a major concerns for me and since I am very keen on the exposure, I want to move to the US for my graduate studies.
I am planning to apply to the following programs. Please asses my chances.

1) Tippie
2) WP Carey
3) Marriott
4) Olin
5) Katz
6) Marshall

Can you please suggest any additional schools that i can target ? I am excluding the top 20 because of my background (Indian Engineer) and also because of my work experience( less than average for most schools).

Thank You :)

Hello hello!

So you have a lot of good things going for you here to start with:
1. You are not in Tech! (go you!)
2. You are young
3. You have some international experience
4. You have a very reasnoable school list.

All things awesome! Nonetheless you might want to think about waiting until next year to apply. With 2 years experience only, you are likely to be one of the least experienced candidates, and a third year might go a long way in helping your chances. Secondly, if you are planning on retaking the GMAT anyway, it would give you the leisure of time in which to prepare yourself for the retake.

Unless you have a very good reason for applying early? (and if so, please let me know)

What do you think?

I think you might have misunderstood when I talked about Robert Bosch. I do work in Technology. I work on automotive embedded systems. Yes ! I am not in IT (Phew!).
And I did retake my GMAT and did not fare very well. So, I feel very unfortunate as of now with a 680. I am planning to apply to Marriott , Katz for this year.

I have always felt that this is n ideal time to pick up the skills required for a global career. I see myself getting more technically oriented if I am to stay with Bosch for one more year. Since that is not the field that I aspire to excel in, I wish to proceed with my applications for b-schools for fall 2015 (will complete 3 years by June 2015).

Since I am not going in with a strong GMAT, Do you think I have chances for scholarships in any of my desired schools ?

Actually, maybe it was me who wasn't clear... instead of "Tech" I should have written IT. There's no disadvantage to coming from other Techs as much as IT (just sheer numbers here).

Anyhow, like I wrote your school list is relatively reasonable, even for your GMAT. So just make some beautiful applications and you should be fine. (But try to apply to more than two schools. Like five of six...).

As for scholarships.... ehhh. hard to predict. You might get a bit from somewhere.

Good luck!
Moderator:
Admissionado
9221 posts