Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 14:53 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 14:53

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 71 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 642 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Social Enterprise
Schools:Wharton'11 HBS'12
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 225 [0]
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 71 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Thanks Guys!

On the difficulty, oh boy...Math was way much more difficult that any practice test I took!
Verbal was ok. No surprises! :)
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1539 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
congratulation gsr! Hope you will stick around to inspire and help future GMAT test takers. Your debriefing is terrific. :woohoo
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 728 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
gsr,

Congrats on putting up such a nice and expected score. Your confidence was reflected in your answers. Are you a native speaker of english?I have very rarely seen 42 on Verbal.

Anyways good luck for apps and hang around till you can.

Bhai
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 728 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Paul wrote:
congratulation gsr! Hope you will stick around to inspire and help future GMAT test takers. Your debriefing is terrific. :woohoo

Paul I c 4999 there next to you. So you are finally in London. I think you finally took MiF at LBS.

Great going Paul.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 255 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
GSR,

congratulation to you joining 7xx club.
:band :musband

i am really happy to see you with your 720 score, as expected. but i believe 720 doesnot justify you. you worth more than 720. i am highly impressed with your accuracy. any way, you have sufficient score to apply for.

also thank you (and Titleist too) for the gr8 fun you (and Titleist)provided in last couple of posts.... :wink:

all the best for your future endevours.

himalaya
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Awesome. That is a great improvement.

I know first-hand how good it feels to see that 7xx after a dissapointing first try. You should be very proud, your hard work and dedication paid off.

Take some time off from studying and relax before you start on the apps. You've earned it. :beer

B.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1481 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hi buddy, congrats on your great score~!!!!!!!!! :beer ..I knew you could make it!!! :wink: ...hope you'll still be around to inspire us, future test takers!!! :)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 703 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Awesome score!! Congrats!
gsr, you indeed inspire many of us....we all could see the 700+ coming, seeing your answers and participation....
Esp from 640 to 720 is TRULY INSPIRING!!

Could you also tell us what did you do different for your second attempt? I have my second shot coming up in next 2 weeks time....

Enjoy your moment and bask in the glory! You truly deserve this![/list]
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Great... Congrats!!!
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1117 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
GSR definately (Got Some Revenge)! Way to go dude. Can just see the ETS harddrive smoking and going haywire trying to dial in your ability level. :-D After you started posting 170+ answers a week consistently, I knew that you were going to break into the 7th heaven stratosphere. Sweat, blood, and determination finally paid off, congratulations!!! 8-)

Please stick around in the forum and help the rest of us if you can...

Matt
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 660 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
You deserved every bit of it and much more. I sincerely wish all the luck for your app and future. All of us learn alot from people like you.

Congratulations!!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 395 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Way to go!!!!! gratz to the great improvement... does feel a lot better now doesn't it? ;)

go celebrate some man, and pass by this forum once a while :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Awesome. I have been seeing your posts on the this forum and I knew you could do it. Do you really think the real test is harder than the GMATPrep tests?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 156 [0]
Send PM
Re: Done with it! Finally! 720 96%(Q47 V42) [#permalink]
gsr wrote:
Hi Friends,

Finally it's over. I re-took the GMAT today and scored a 720 (Q-47 81% V-42 96%; 96%).

First things first, I am extremely thankful to GMATclub and all the members -
GMATT77, himalaya, fresinha12, laxieqv, rahulrao, vikramm, HongHu, ywilfred, duttsit, sudhagar, nakib77, Antmavel, rigger, automan, rahuluec, christoph, bhai, nero44, bsmith75 and so many others that i have missed to mention (pls forgive me, i am not able to think clearly right now!) And, Oh...Titleist - (Thanks to you for all the fun we had!!)

The quality of questions and more than that the quality of discussions that I saw here are beyond exceptional. Keep up the good work guys. I am sure everyone one of you will get great results!

Now to the briefing.

My 1st Experience:
I first took the exam on Sep 2nd week and scored a miserable 640 (Q47 V31). Everything that could possibly go wrong did go wrong. I thought I screwed up on the Quants. So decided to do well on the Verbal and screwed up there even more! But I didn't even think of cancelling the scores. If i did bad, I needed to know how bad really I had done! Infact seeing a 640 was a surprise, I expected even less. I took 2 weeks off. Thought about it. My ego wouldn't let me move on, though 640 is good enough to get me admits in many places (My acads are good and I have 3.5 years of work ex).

My 2nd Experience:
At the end of september, I decided to go for it again. All this 4 weeks, with respect to my preparation, I didn't do anything other than just be hooked on to this forum full time. That really made the difference. I urge eveyone to participate in the forum disussions. It will do a world of good - to me, it did.

I changed the test center this time. Eventhough it was farther from my place, I didn't want to go to the same old place and get the same old feeling as last time! Went to the new center, had no problems with the ID. The prometric guy wanted me to sign like how I had on my licence and I managed to do after a 3 tries!! Went in. I had a template for the AWA this time unlike last time. Completed both essays on time. Took the break.
Quants -
Started the quants. The 4th Q was a probability - that's my weak area and I am sure I got it wrong. I somehow had a feeling like I was getting all tough (really wordy) questions and getting most of them wrong. It was like a repeat - or maybe even worse than last time. Guessed on the last couple of questions and was throughly disappointed with the performance. Though it is against my principle, I thought of canceling my scores! That very thought shocked me!
Verbal -
I was really relaxed by the time i started this section as I thought everything was over - I screwed up Math beyond imagination! The verbal section did go as it should have. Picture perfect! I didn't have to guess on any Q until the 40th. Even for the last question, i had 30 seconds on the clock and think i got it right. Q's 3 to 10 were RC's, 2 of them. I got 3 BF CR's and some wordy SCs. I sincerely feel my participation here made all the difference. The whole verbal section was like - being logged on to this verbal forum and working on the posts! Finally, it was over. I skipped all the screens to go to my score section.

Scores -
If I really did bad, I need to know! Even if it is a 500, I need to see that. I don't like to escape from reality. I clicked on the report scores and saw -
Quantitative - 47 (81%)
Verbal - 42 (96%)
Overall - 720 (96%)

I simply couldn't believe my eyes. Especially my Q score! The only difference from last time was on the verbal and it had made all the difference in the end! Maybe I underestimate my work on Q both the times, but if I deserve a 47 in Q, the people like HongHu deserve 147 there! World is not fair!

3 hrs past the end, I am regaining composure now and almost finished with the briefing. I sure will stick around here and try to give back what I got from here in my own little way. But I really put in the effort this time and I think it paid off!. Just do your best and leave the rest, results will follow! Life is a zero-sum game. For every negative, there is a positive. Things just can't go wrong everytime! Keep pushing and you'll get what you want, just that at times the going gets hard and most important, don't give up!. I give up a lot of times but somehow come back from the brink to put on a decent show. I have learnt this many times in my 25 years of living!

I didn't take many practice tests. But here are the results of what I had taken.
GMATPrep (3 weeks back) - 680
Kaplan 1 (2 weeks back) - 630
Kaplan 2 (last week) - 580
GMATPrep (2 days back) - 710
PowerPrep (Yesterday) - 710

Again, Friends, I would like to thank you all for everything. Wish you all Good luck in each of your endeavors!

GSR - COngraTulAtiONs! It's finally over. It's kind of bittersweet. We'll miss having you around. I hope you still can post some comments but I think you have a bigger job ahead of you -- getting those applications out the door! Congratulations and PM me if you need anything!

Titleist :beer
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 992 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hey gsr, that's really good score. You deserved it!
Congratulations! :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Congratulations GSR!! That is an awesome score...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 156 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
See GSR, no "study drug" needed. :P
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
 1   2   3   
Moderator:
Founder