Last visit was: 29 Apr 2024, 10:05 It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 10:05

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Boy, I'm really surprised to hear that after guessing last 10 questions in quant, you managed to score 47. That's really fabulous. In my case, if I compare my scores on verbal section, first time-56 and second time 86. Both of the times I was doing same in the exam, questions were of similar difficulty level. The only difference was that in the first attempt I randomly guessed last 10 questions, which probably brought my score down by 30 percentile.
I still think that GMAT algorithm is not that dumb that it'll not let a person recover if he/she has made a few more mistakes in the beginning. It's possible that it was just your lucky day and most of your guesses happened to shoot the right ball :-). Although I agree, that there is some truth in saying that getting first 10 quesitons right is far more important than the last 10, however the truth is only partial.

Regarding your questions jj

If you dont mind answering a few questions:

1) How much time off did you take between the first exam, and then studying for the 2nd time? How much study time (e.g. 2months?) did you devote the 2nd time around?

I took 3-4 weeks break after the first exam and then prepared for 1 month for the second.

2) Crack-GMAT, and GMAT-Plus.....where did you get these materials?

https://www.crack-gmat.com/
GMAT Plus is available somewhere on this website

3) My quant scores are low. I need to get them up bigtime, in order to ensure the 700+. Any suggestions you recommend (btw - I've done all the Official Guide problems, and most of Princeton Review as well)?
I've heard Kaplan Math Workbook is good for starters and then Arco and Kaplan CD tests are the next best....

Sorry buddy, I didn't prepare for math at all, so can't tell you much on that.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 728 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Sach,

Congrats one the super score. I think you are absolutely right about the KAPLAN test. T have been preparing for the GMAT for some months now and yesterday I took the kap test 2 from the cd behind the book. Believe me I have some track of getting around 15 questions correct on princeton, arco and 800 score but kaplan was extraordinarily tough...so was the verbal section. Some how my confidence is down and i am yet to write 2 more kaptest. I have 2 princeton test,3 800score and 2 powerprep remaining remaining. How do I go about it. I think the confidence is a lot that play a part at the end.

Also please tell us when you wrote practice test aproximately how many correct answers did you get in quant and verbal...and what was the spread of the correct answers. I am planning to write the GMAT this month end and so will be writing few tests till the end. I am also drinking from the OG as someone suggested to do that at the end.

Thanks for you time.

Bhai
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Great score. Congratulations !!!
You really need stomach man to sit for this kind of exam two times.
Did you use Acro ? I'm using it and found it quite good. Kap test - same story as you wrote. Their scoring is in different plane altogether.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Quote:
Also please tell us when you wrote practice test aproximately how many correct answers did you get in quant and verbal...and what was the spread of the correct answers. I am planning to write the GMAT this month end and so will be writing few tests till the end. I am also drinking from the OG as someone suggested to do that at the end.

Bhai,
I was on the better side in quant. In 8-9 tests I took, I got 4-5 questions wrong. In verbal, however, it was a different story altogether. On an average, I used to get 10 questions wrong, with range from 4-16. Regarding spread, I used to get more queestions wrong either in the earlier or the later part of the verbal. In one of the PP test, I got 2,3 and 5th question wrong, but still managed to score 740.

All the best for your exam !

Sach.
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
Moderator:
Founder
37321 posts