Last visit was: 29 Apr 2024, 02:40 It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 02:40

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 198 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 515 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 51 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I was going to comment on your dings and tel; you not to worry about it and that everytime a window closes a door opens somewhere but it looks like that advice is useless now! Dude congratulations. I have been an in and out GMAT club member but I have seen you here baneerjea, studying for the GMAT, answering questions, busting your a** (atleast online :-D ) and I can't think of anyone who deserves it more. Congrats man really congrats!!!!!!!!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Congrats, you make all the Gmat-clubbers proud!!! :drunk
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Terrific Achievement banerjee/AJB

your insight into "why you got in " will be helpful to all fellow applicants

so please share your tghts/comments

Cheers
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1539 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I'm currently on an Egypt trip and have many messages and posts to reply to but I could not but rejoyce at reading this post.

C O N G R A T U L A T I O N ! ! !

It's been a long way banerjeea and I really wish you all the best. By the same token, I also wish you all the best AJB! Guys, try to pick different schools so that we have ambassadors from different schools here :wink: Obviously, I understand by that to ask you both to be ambassadors for your respective schools :) .
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 51 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Thanks Paul. Of course I'll be glad to be an ambassador for whatever school I decide to attend.

Ozmba,

I'll definitely set aside time to write up on what I did with my application and lessons learned etc. I'm also available offline to help GMATclubbers with specific things related to the applicaiton process. My apps are done and I'll definitely not apply to more schools.
Director
Director
Send PM
[#permalink]
Thanks Paul !! It has been long since I have been around the forum. As I said before, this MBA app process was nothing to be underestimated. I hope every prospective here reserves PLENTY of time for the app process. !!

I will be regular in the forum now. Missed hanging out here in last few months.

OZMBA2006. In a shortwhile I will definitely post a write up abt my exp.Hope it will be helpful. In the meanwhile, if any of u have a question, fire away!!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Great [#permalink]
banerjee
Great job!!!
can you share your profile?>
and where you apped, dinged and accepted

Keep up the good work
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2165 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Congrats!! You deserve it!!
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1649 [0]
Given Kudos: 781
Send PM
[#permalink]
Congratulations!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Congratulations! Very well deserved!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
Re: My first ADMIT !!!! [#permalink]
banerjeea_98 wrote:
I am IN at WHARTON! Can't believe it guys! Specially after 2 straight dings! Yahooooooooooooooooo!

After a long 1 yr journey starting from GMAT, my MBA journey is finally over! More details coming up!

you are the real TIGER....who cares about Kellog and Columbia once you are IN for Wharton....
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1472 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Congrats Banerjee for your Admit to Wharton! With all your hardwork you absolutely deserve it. Have a good holiday in India.

nocilis
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 642 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Social Enterprise
Schools:Wharton'11 HBS'12
Send PM
[#permalink]
Baner....awsome...man...congrats...U DA MAN...
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 224 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Congratulations Sir... Gr8 to hear that u r in ur dream school...

:musband :band :musband
Director
Director
Send PM
[#permalink]
Thank you all for your wishes. Now that I am done with my apps, I have lil time to write a short write up abt my exp.
Also I will be vacationing starting from today and all thro Jan, so I will be checking msgs few times within now and then.

As some of u might know that my journey started with GMAT. Being in indian pool, I was drilled into my head abt scoring
750+ to stand a chance in top 5. So I thot I needed 750+ and scored 760. Altho I am not sure whether my admit has anything
to do with my score but I didn't want to keep any stones unturned as being a 30 yo, I needed to start MBA now.

Once I was done with GMAT, I took few weeks off and started the harrowing journey of apps. Initially I liked it but towards the end I was sick and tired of it. Joined BW forum and Wharton's s2s. Based on my engg background I knew I needed to show
that I am more than just an engg. So I chucked everything abt engg and tech and in all the essays focused on my soft skills
and leadership roles. Plz know that "leadership" doesn't just mean that u have to have someone reporting to u (that's what I
thot and sweat abt it). It is in everything u do....ur initiative, ur team skills......try to identify ur small and big accomplishments. Remember nothig is small, all u need is to think abt how it added value to u and adcomm will see it too. Being an engg is hard,as we don't have hard numbers to show tangible accomplishments, however, if u lead projects etc highlight it as ur leadership skills. Once leadership and team skills angle are addressed, leave an essay to talk abt ur unique family background etc.

I know if u read BW forum and Sandy's msgs, one wud think that all the ppl from India r clones of each other, but that is BS as each and everyone here has unique life, so reflect to it and show it in ur essay as to how ur background and family life was unique and how it helped u develop. If u have good acads and GMAT, forget abt showing ur academic potential, let ur score
and GPA do the work for u, so don't waste even a single line on ur essays abt ur academic achievements.

Re: school research, I used "MBA Game Plan" and websites. I didn't bother going to classes and on-campus visit, I think
it is overrated. I only went to HBS and MIT as they r within driving distance, that's all. I had only one rule of thumb. If ur
schools is small like Tuck or Cornell, then take the extra effort an go as they r sensitive to their yield and think ppl
use them as backup, but if ur school is big they don't care. Also as another rule, if ur school gives interviews to everyone
then it is not that imp to go on-campus for interview, however, if it is invitation only then go to on-campus, if possible. I was suprised that in the school visit when I asked what makes ur school unique, they all gave me same BS abt community, leadership env etc. It was ironical that schools expect from us that we be unique but at the sametime can't come up with something unique to distinguish themselves from peers :-D

Make sure u show lot of knowledge and passion for the school in ur essays and work in any alumni names that u might have talked to (I tried talking to atleast one from each school - good fodder for essays). Look at adcomm interview in BW for
schools and try to work in the same "buzzwords" that adcomm says in the interviews in ur essays e.g. HBS is all abt
leadership, empathy etc. In u r why school X ques, make sure u talk abt some courses and then talk a lot abt the clubs
etc that will help u. But don't just list all clubs, make sure they tie into ur passion (e.g. music in my case) and goals.

U need to workin ur leadership, team skills in all ur essays in equal proportions for all schools.If u only talk abt leadership then adcomms mite wonder if u cud be an effective team player and vice versa.

Lastly, there is lot of BS abt MBA app process, so don't believe in everything u hear in forums, consultants etc. Specially I have a feeling that some consulting services try to instill fear in some app groups (e.g. Indian subgp) to get more business. Remember, no matter if u r an engg, IT type (I hate that word !) or not, u r unique in ur life, exp, personality. Bring these in the table and u will be all set.

Stay +ve and aim high, u will get there!

Hope the write up was helpful....shoot me any questions, preferably post it here instead of IM as it will help everyone in the forum.

Good luck to all......I will be checking the forum intermittently.....

Originally posted by banerjeea_98 on 29 Dec 2005, 09:11.
Last edited by banerjeea_98 on 01 Jan 2006, 21:11, edited 1 time in total.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Banerjee,

Wonderful post ....from some one who has been there and done it!!!!

Lastly, there is lot of BS abt MBA app process, so don't believe in everything u hear in forums, consultants etc. Specially I have a feeling that some consulting services try to instill fear in some app groups (e.g. Indian subgp) to get more business. Remember, no matter if u r an engg, IT type (hat that word !) or not,u r unique in ur life, exp, personality. Bring these in the table and u will be all set.

Cheers
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 112 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hi banerjeea

Congrats on your admin. A quick questions if you dont mind - do you know what your concentration will be in MBA? Do you want to stick to your IT background or switch to another field?

Thanks
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
 1   2   3