Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 20:12 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 20:12

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 50 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1212 [0]
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 515 [0]
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 50 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Thank you.

Here is my concern: What if the business idea comes from my personal passions. In other words, I can't really support why I want to do this based on my career experience, but it is in line with my personal life...

Is that still valid?

THANK YOU!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
cfaMiami, you want to keep your focus clear. The purpose of the MBA is to gain the skills and knowledge you will need to run your business. That should satisfy the Admissions people.

The hidden question I sense comes when you think about funding your venture. For that, you need a solid business plan, which is where you will need to support the vision with numbers. How many employees will you need, what sort of equipment and building size, how many customers can you serve and to what degree, etc. You will need to do revenue and cost projections to show your idea is viable. The bad news is, that's a lot of work, and many passionate dreams don't work well in the real world. The good news is, your MBA studies will be tremendously useful in demonstrating the fuctionality of your dream, and in avoiding the dangers and mistakes which plague most businesses.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 121 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
For the essay they ask.. in these application process.. can you pretty much write up your career plan in it? Like dates/what to achieve when etc.. so going in this line of writing that you want to do business.. can you get more specific as to where this will help me in business... etc.. that is pretty much go into the details as to where mba will help me where in this aspect of business?

from my perspective, for example.. If you doing a joint business, can you mention about your other partners going one route, so you are going this other route to get the complete picture so that both of us are ready to run a successfull business?
our plan(me and my brother) is to open up a financial service firm 5 years down the line.. so he is currently doing bachelors of computer science, and then plans to ms in finance(computational or financial engineering) and i get an mba (finance major) so we both of have a complete match, and we match each others weaknesses.. can you mention all this in the essay? (in a more structured way ofcourse?)
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]