Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 01:15 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 01:15

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 179
GPA: 3.33
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11669 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Re: Help in quant section [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Hi nikitadadhich,

Before I can offer you the specific advice that you’re looking for, it would help if you could provide a bit more information on how you've been studying and your goals:

Studies:
1) What study materials have you used so far?
2) When was the last time you took a NEW, FULL-LENGTH CAT? How did you score (including the Quant and Verbal Scaled Scores)?
3) Have you taken the Official GMAT (and if so, then how did you score?)?

Goals:
4) What is your goal score?
5) What is your exact Test Date?
6) When are you planning to apply to Business School?
7) What Schools are you planning to apply to?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Intern
Intern
Send PM
EMPOWERgmatRichC wrote:
Hi nikitadadhich,

Before I can offer you the specific advice that you’re looking for, it would help if you could provide a bit more information on how you've been studying and your goals:

Studies:
2) When was the last time you took a NEW, FULL-LENGTH CAT? How did you score (including the Quant and Verbal Scaled Scores)?

Goals:

Rich

I have been studying jamboree's study material and before that I have taken online classes.....and no I haven't given any full length test .......but I have taken 4-5 quant test......and from 40 questions I got 6-7 right.....

I want to score more than 650 ......I am looking for good MBA college which doesn't require job experience....... plus I want to work harder and harder so that I can get good college.......I am looking for college in New Jersey or in New York

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 179
GPA: 3.33
Send PM
nikitadadhich wrote:
Does MGMAT means Manhattan prep GMAT book

Yes. I have read a lot of people using that book as one of the preparation tools.

But considering your historical study, you may want to boost your study plan.

I may not the expert here, but with no job experience (or maybe less that 1 y), you may want to get a higher GMAT score, to get to the good college .

The experts in GMATClub can help you with your GMAT AND your application.

Good luck on your journey
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi nikitadadhich,

If you've been studying as long as you have, then you really MUST take a FULL-LENGTH CAT (including the Essay and IR sections) sometime soon (perhaps this weekend). That initial diagnostic CAT is important - it helps to define your strengths and weaknesses and gives you a basis for comparison as you continue to study. You can download 2 for free from www.mba.com (and they come with some additional practice materials). A FULL CAT takes about 4 hours to complete, so make sure that you've set aside enough time to take it in one sitting. Once you have those scores, you should report back here and we can discuss how to adjust your Study Plan.

Rich
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Finance, Marketing
GMAT 1: 700 Q44 V41
Send PM
nikitadadhich wrote:
I have been studying for GMAT past 1.5 year....and I am still very bad in quant section....I want to get good scores in quant section....can you tell me how can I help myself in quant so that I can get good score....I have to give exam in November 2017....

Considering that you have spent like an year and half on preparing for GMAT, I feel you might be a little better off with a proper institution for your training.

If you can still spend 3-4 months more, do consider joining some institute that can cater to your needs. I did it from one called Endeavor in Ahmedabad. Guys there were very helpful and helped me alleviate my fear of Quant.

I'll be appearing for my test on 27th of this month finally after an year of prepping!

Sent from my SM-G950F using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
Send PM
EMPOWERgmatRichC wrote:
Hi nikitadadhich,

If you've been studying as long as you have, then you really MUST take a FULL-LENGTH CAT (including the Essay and IR sections) sometime soon (perhaps this weekend). That initial diagnostic CAT is important - it helps to define your strengths and weaknesses and gives you a basis for comparison as you continue to study. You can download 2 for free from https://www.mba.com (and they come with some additional practice materials). A FULL CAT takes about 4 hours to complete, so make sure that you've set aside enough time to take it in one sitting. Once you have those scores, you should report back here and we can discuss how to adjust your Study Plan.

Rich

I scored 210
In quant section 13 right
In verbal section 11 right
In integrated reasoning 3 right

VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 6256 [0]
Given Kudos: 330
WE:General Management (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
Top Contributor
nikitadadhich wrote:
I scored 210
In quant section 13 right
In verbal section 11 right
In integrated reasoning 3 right

I would suggest you do the following. Get familiarize with the test and how it is scored etc.

1. Look into the Math Theory. Know what is tested and how to approach each question.

2. Then dive into your practice questions. Analyze where you are making mistake.

What was your study plan for past 1 year? How did you study? In GMAT, your score depends on how many tough questions you get correct.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 507 [0]
Given Kudos: 68
Concentration: Nonprofit, Social Entrepreneurship
WE:Education (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
nikitadadhich wrote:
EMPOWERgmatRichC wrote:
Hi nikitadadhich,

Studies:

Goals:

Rich

I have been studying jamboree's study material and before that I have taken online classes.....and no I haven't given any full length test .......but I have taken 4-5 quant test......and from 40 questions I got 6-7 right.....

I want to score more than 650 ......I am looking for good MBA college which doesn't require job experience....... plus I want to work harder and harder so that I can get good college.......I am looking for college in New Jersey or in New York

You must focus on your concepts only for now. Find out which are those topics whose concepts are confusing for you. You can study those concepts through some good sources such as Magoosh, which is good for Quant. You can find lots of resources here on gmatclub
https://gmatclub.com/forum/quantitative-7/
Intern
Intern
Send PM
vivek6199 wrote:
nikitadadhich wrote:
EMPOWERgmatRichC wrote:
Hi nikitadadhich,

Studies:

Goals:

Rich

You must focus on your concepts only for now. Find out which are those topics whose concepts are confusing for you. You can study those concepts through some good sources such as Magoosh, which is good for Quant. You can find lots of resources here on gmatclub
https://gmatclub.com/forum/quantitative-7/

Is it ok for me to study OG and Manhattan prep for GMAT basics and advanced ....?

Can I take my own test every week so that I can check my performance....?

If I do hard work will I be able to complete it in one month....??

GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi nikitadadhich,

In an earlier post, you stated that you need to take the GMAT in November. At most, that would give you 1.5 months of study time. Assuming that you put in your best effort with this practice CAT, you would need to improve 440+ points in that time. Unfortunately, that is not a realistic goal. You also imply that you do not have Work Experience - and that will limit your options. Since you want to attend a School in New York or New Jersey, I suggest that you research your options so that you can get a sense of the type of GMAT Score that those Schools would consider 'acceptable.' Once we have that information, we can assess whether your overall plan and timeframe are realistic or not. The reality is that you will probably need a LOT more study time than you have available, so you might need to change your plans.

Rich
Intern
Intern
Send PM
EMPOWERgmatRichC wrote:
Hi nikitadadhich,

In an earlier post, you stated that you need to take the GMAT in November. At most, that would give you 1.5 months of study time. Assuming that you put in your best effort with this practice CAT, you would need to improve 440+ points in that time. Unfortunately, that is not a realistic goal. You also imply that you do not have Work Experience - and that will limit your options. Since you want to attend a School in New York or New Jersey, I suggest that you research your options so that you can get a sense of the type of GMAT Score that those Schools would consider 'acceptable.' Once we have that information, we can assess whether your overall plan and timeframe are realistic or not. The reality is that you will probably need a LOT more study time than you have available, so you might need to change your plans.

Rich

I have done the college research part.....and they have stated that people without job experience need to score more than 650....

I have full time only for GMAT till the end of November ......

Will that help you to plan how should I study.....my study schedule ......

My biggest concern is I want someone to show me the way .....how should I study ......how much time should I give.....which books should I study......so that they can show how to achieve and I can give my 100% to achieve my goals....

GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi nikitadadhich,

If the Schools that interest you really do 'require' a score of 650+, then you have to put in the necessary time and effort to earn that score. Unfortunately, there is no practical way to plan for a 440+ point increase in just 1.5 months. If that score is truly your goal, then you will need a LOT more time than that. So, you either need to adjust your timeline or you need to expand your list of Schools (to include Programs that do not require a GMAT Score that high).

Rich
GMAT Club Bot