Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 12:11 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 12:11

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 121 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 83 [0]
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 257 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Cool stuff dude!!

Congraats! :band
Do post your experience...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
congrats !!!! amazing score ... do let us know about your experience and prepration . Enjoy :band
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 176 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Great news. congratulation!!!

Goodluck for your future endevours.........
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 70 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Gr8 Score buddy.
Good luck for applicaion.

:wave
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 461 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Thanks a lot guys. You are all absolutely fantastic. This group is simply great. Here goes my GMAT saga..

My Test Day:

My test appointment was at 8:30 A.M. Reached center by 7:30. Had Oats for breakfast. Test started at 8:20 or so. AWA went on fine. I took the break and since break time was 10 minutes, I was a little lineant on time. When I went in to take Maths, I saw that I exceeded the break limit by 30 seconds. I could not believe that I exceeded the time and started the test. Initial 2 questions were fine but many questions between Q3 and Q30 appeared tough. I was left with 10 minutes and 8 questions in Maths. I rushed through the final questions but was able to complete the test in time. I took the break, ate a banana, had a little Gatorade and sat for Verbal. This time, I made it quick since I did not want to exceed the break time for Verbal. First question was a moderately difficult SC question. I answered it ok. Q2 and Q3 were also SC Qs. I understood the questions with quite difficulty and consumed at least 7 minutes in these two questions. I was very upset at that time. Then, CRs and RCs started coming. I was very happy and answered with great enthusiasm. In the middle of the test, there were a few SC questions for whom I could not understand head or tail. POE also did not work effectively. For all those questions, I chose an answer because I had to. Finally, I completed verbal section with 2 questions unanswered.

Good Books / Resources: (Apart from VIP SETS, VJJs, MJJs)

1. SC - Manhattan SC and Official guide (idioms list is also good)

2. CR - Official guide (basic level), CR1000 (a few questions are good), Kaplan

3. RC - RC 1000 document, Official guide.

4. Maths - Forums are the best. And, my basic reference was TIME institute' CAT material (TIME is an institute in India for CAT coaching).

5. AWA - 800score AWA

A few observations:

1. I felt that Maths score is very important for the final score. Though my Verbal score is less, the total score came to 770 only because of Maths.

2. In English, I felt that CR and RC are the most important ones. You get a lot of questions in SC but weightage might be more for CR and RC. (This is just my observation.. and it could be wrong)

3. Consistent preparation is very important for Verbal.

4. In Maths, basics are very important. Numbers, Graphs, Co-ordinate Geometry, Equations are important topics. You can excel in both PS and DS if basics are strong.

5. Working on a lot of books is not necessary. Stick to a forum, a few books like Official guide, Manhattan SC.

6. Test Maths way considerably tougher than Official guide Maths.

My Profile:

Indian, Female, Software Engineer, will have 4 years of work exp by Aug 2007.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 992 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hey chuckle,

Congratulations on great score :-D
Thanks for sharing the experience & all the very best :good
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 65 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
chuckle wrote:
Thanks a lot guys. You are all absolutely fantastic. This group is simply great. Here goes my GMAT saga..

My Test Day:

My test appointment was at 8:30 A.M. Reached center by 7:30. Had Oats for breakfast. Test started at 8:20 or so. AWA went on fine. I took the break and since break time was 10 minutes, I was a little lineant on time. When I went in to take Maths, I saw that I exceeded the break limit by 30 seconds. I could not believe that I exceeded the time and started the test. Initial 2 questions were fine but many questions between Q3 and Q30 appeared tough. I was left with 10 minutes and 8 questions in Maths. I rushed through the final questions but was able to complete the test in time. I took the break, ate a banana, had a little Gatorade and sat for Verbal. This time, I made it quick since I did not want to exceed the break time for Verbal. First question was a moderately difficult SC question. I answered it ok. Q2 and Q3 were also SC Qs. I understood the questions with quite difficulty and consumed at least 7 minutes in these two questions. I was very upset at that time. Then, CRs and RCs started coming. I was very happy and answered with great enthusiasm. In the middle of the test, there were a few SC questions for whom I could not understand head or tail. POE also did not work effectively. For all those questions, I chose an answer because I had to. Finally, I completed verbal section with 2 questions unanswered.

Good Books / Resources: (Apart from VIP SETS, VJJs, MJJs)

1. SC - Manhattan SC and Official guide (idioms list is also good)

2. CR - Official guide (basic level), CR1000 (a few questions are good), Kaplan

3. RC - RC 1000 document, Official guide.

4. Maths - Forums are the best. And, my basic reference was TIME institute' CAT material (TIME is an institute in India for CAT coaching).

5. AWA - 800score AWA

A few observations:

1. I felt that Maths score is very important for the final score. Though my Verbal score is less, the total score came to 770 only because of Maths.

2. In English, I felt that CR and RC are the most important ones. You get a lot of questions in SC but weightage might be more for CR and RC. (This is just my observation.. and it could be wrong)

3. Consistent preparation is very important for Verbal.

4. In Maths, basics are very important. Numbers, Graphs, Co-ordinate Geometry, Equations are important topics. You can excel in both PS and DS if basics are strong.

5. Working on a lot of books is not necessary. Stick to a forum, a few books like Official guide, Manhattan SC.

6. Test Maths way considerably tougher than Official guide Maths.

My Profile:

Indian, Female, Software Engineer, will have 4 years of work exp by Aug 2007.

Just Awesome ! Congratulations !! And all the very best!!!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Congrats for such an amazing score! Did you follow any specific routine or stretagy to prepare for the test, other then the material?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 601 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
:yikes what a score ..

chuckle you rock !! it seems that you got what you deserved.

all the best ..
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 661 [0]
 Q49  V35
Send PM
[#permalink]
Congrats on your awesome performance! It is time to party now!

:wave

Regards
Vithal
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Very nice score... Congratulations... :drinking
Intern
Intern
Send PM
dream score [#permalink]
vow what a score
CongrAAATS .
PLEASE keep us informed of the institution you join
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Sirisha,
What a wonderful score !! Amazing. Keep up !!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Congratulations .You must be feeling at the top of the world .

Also you mentioned about using Forums for Maths practice . Which forum did you like the best for advanced maths ?

Thanks in advance
Mukesh
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Wow!! Great Score!!

Two questions:
(1) You left two questions blank and were still able to get a 770? The prep books I read said you were punished severely for any blank answer. Just thought I'd ask.

(2) How did you do on practice tests (Kaplan, Manhattan, Power Prep, GMATPrep) and who did you traditionally do on the OG Practice Sets (ie: number correct vs. incorrect)??

I'd appreciate any feedback. Again, congrats on your score. I'd give anything for that score :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Amazing score! Congrats! Would you care to elaborate on what type of math questions did you get?
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 1631 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I join the group who congratulates you. Good job.
My profile: just finished my MBA at Michigan. Going back home to Moscow.

Stolyar
CIO Emeritus
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
 1   2   
Moderator:
Founder
37320 posts