Last visit was: 29 Apr 2024, 05:14 It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 05:14

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 250 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1481 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Buddy, you did improve in verbal, 4 scores up is not bad at all :!: ..admit that verbal is very difficult to improve but it's possible to get better at it ..I did so by doing a lot of 1000 RC and CR collections ..it does work! I don't know if i should suggest you retaking GMAT, 670 is good and still gets you into top b-school if your other parts of application package is competitive :) ..Cheer up, don't mourn over, buddy!! And i'm sure that many of us here still keep our fresh expectation on you ;)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Willget800,

670 is a decent score, but you deserve more . Concentrate more on apps .. incase u are looking for parttime at kellogs/GSB chicago then you should not have any issue's there . But for full time at top 10 you need to have an outstanding application .

Goodluck .
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 217 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Willget,

Cheer up! Life's about challenges, happy and hard times. In your eyes, you're having a hard time - but it really isn't that bad! If you can keep your spirits up and can come back with renewed energy, perhaps you might give another try. If you have solid application credentials - then you should focus on the apps. A pretty decent GMAT is by no means "it's all over for me" and you do have a decent one!

Now take a little vacation, break away from GMAT for a few days, and get back to the next step.

Good luck!
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I wish you would still reply to PM's willget800 :(
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 121 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
All,

I am sorry.. I did not reply to PMs... I am still sad and down.. I felt more sad after I realised that with a 50 in Q and 33 in V, previously someone had a 700.. I would have done it too.. It is just ironical that I thought I was doing really well and I saw some real tough questions.. Some of them were sequences in a DS question where you had to use number properties, even number property and sequence problem. I did the problem in 4 mins.. and now I feel like aargh.. that might have been an experimental question.. So some of the tough ones that I got right were experimental.. and I lost my 50 because of that!!!!!!!!!!!!! And hence 700.

So close yet so far. Still need to come to terms with it.

Well apart from that here is my 6-8 month work that I did for GMAT> I am attaching the excel file. That has all the information of what I did, what scores I was getting before the exams... Obviously I did not work hard enough on the 1000 Series Document. If some one wants to look at a negative it was that.

To summarise:
Veritas was very helpful in increasing my english and giving me more confidence
Manhattan GMAT was very helpful with Sc's
OG is a must as everyone says here
Practice Tests are good.... Practice atleast 4-5 befor eyou go for the real exam.
My excel file has an AWA template that I used and got 5.5 last time.

Essentially, if you guys need help in Math, I will hang around to answer any PM's on any problems you want me to help on.

Also I am on vacation next week, will think more about what I want to do. I am planning to apply with the current gmat, will see hjow that goes. Might give it again if it looks like I wont get in with this score in Chicago or LBS for MBA.
Attachments

willget800_worksheet.xls [190 KiB]
Downloaded 87 times

Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 50 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
i dont see why people keep saying that a 670 is not that bad... its not bad at all. i have spoken with a few close friends at the top schools (kellogg, uchicago, W, HBS) who are current or ex adcomm people and all have said that a 670 - 730 is the target range. in fact i was told that you only need to be concerned about a gmat score lower than 670.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Own Kudos [?]: 3083 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE:Business Development (Consumer Products)
Send PM
[#permalink]
CfaMiami wrote:
i dont see why people keep saying that a 670 is not that bad... its not bad at all. i have spoken with a few close friends at the top schools (kellogg, uchicago, W, HBS) who are current or ex adcomm people and all have said that a 670 - 730 is the target range. in fact i was told that you only need to be concerned about a gmat score lower than 670.

And I've heard adcoms tell me that 600 or above is fine too.

Honestly, it just depends on your app. In my case, because I had a terrible GPA, I needed a high score. I have friends at Kellogg with 620 gmat scores...
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
   1   2 
Moderator:
Founder
37320 posts