Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 13:17 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 13:17

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 121 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1481 [0]
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1117 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Start attacking RCs voraciously, I mean like 10-20 a day. RCs will not only improve your general comprehension ability, they will hone in your critical thinking skills and give you a better understanding of English grammer. Inevitably this will have a strong impact on your CR and SC accuracy, not to mention your overall Verbal (and AWA) performance.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Are there any specific Math or Verbal books that anyone can recommend in preparing for the test??
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 384 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I have the ARCO quant and general that I read only a bit a go the quant part loot ok they have if not wrong 3 CAT on CD and 6 full leght test on the book but as far I have read should be good only in the quant section Ill let u know as soon as I go throught the material...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
Re: Running out of materials? New materials suggestion? [#permalink]
willget800 wrote:
Done with the following completely:

1) Kaplan General
2) Kaplan Verbal Workout
3) Kaplan Math workout
4) PR General
5) PR Verbal Workout
6) PR Math Workout
7) OG
8) OG Math
9) OG Verbal
10) Kaplan 800
11) Manhattan all 7 books

The only material that I have done partially are:
1) RC 1000
2) SC 1000
3) CR 1000

What is now a good resource apart from the above to improve verbal score? I scored 660(Q:50,V:29)

Chirag suggested a few strategies, but they involve the above 1000 series.. and there are no official answers available for them.. so I am a bit worried of doing them completely.. I have done them randomly...

Should I try any of the following:
1) Barrons
2) NOva
3) Arco
4) Gmat for dummies

Or Should I take a Class? If I take a prep class, what are the good options?

Thanks!

Really? wow you seem to have done all that there is to do and then more! Wow you must be studying long! My weak area is Math and I need some books that start of with basics and build on that...I have done PR, kaplan Premier and have the OG but am not satisfied.
If I were to choose any Math workbooks out of the ones you have finished - Japlan, Princeton, Official and Manhattan - what would you recommend?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 111 [0]
Send PM
Recommend books [#permalink]
Hi

I have recently started my preparations for GMAT. I find Maths not as tough as SC/ CR and RC, although I think I need more clarity with probability problems .

Can someone pls recommend a book specifically on probability and also a good grammar book. Need to refresh on the basics again :wink: before I delve into the tough ones.

thanks
esbee
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 43 [0]
 Q48  V38
Send PM
Re: Recommend books [#permalink]
forgmat wrote:
Can someone pls recommend a book specifically on probability and also a good grammar book. Need to refresh on the basics again :wink: before I delve into the tough ones.

thanks
esbee

Hi Esbee,

I have heard good things about Wren and Martin's grammar book and also MGMAT's SC book

You could try those out.

Nupur
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Willget800,
You have done all the best material available for Gmat prep. Had I been in your place. Instead of looking for new material, I will revise my mistakes and learn from them. If you keep repeating the same mistakes and dont learn from them. It is most likely thet you will reapeat the same mistakes in the new material also and will not make any headway in your score.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 265 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Notmykind wrote:
Willget800,
You have done all the best material available for Gmat prep. Had I been in your place. Instead of looking for new material, I will revise my mistakes and learn from them. If you keep repeating the same mistakes and dont learn from them. It is most likely thet you will reapeat the same mistakes in the new material also and will not make any headway in your score.

Your advice is right on the money! Agreed 100%.
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]