Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 10:11 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 10:11

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1807 [0]
Given Kudos: 203
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11668 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1992 [0]
Given Kudos: 751
GPA: 3.64
Send PM
Re: Struggling in completing topics in Quants. PLS HELP!!!! [#permalink]
kanak2016 wrote:
Hello All,

I have started preparing for GMAT from last month. It has been a full complete month since i have started studying GMAT quants. I have started with MGMAT maths guides. I had completed Numbers properties and started Percents and ratio. Now since i have started new topic i feel like that i am not able to solve number properties questions. Can you please guide me how can i study efficiently so that i dont forget previous chapters that i have read. Also, i s there any book that i can buy which gives me topic wise questions for quants and not mixed.

Thanks in Advance

Hi
It is normal to forget topics which are done earlier. for that purpose you need to keep revising the topics regularly at certain intervals, say 1 week or 10 days. If you are looking for books, then MGMAT guides are the best. But the number of practice questions are limited. You can pracitce lots of questions topic wise from the Gmatclub with difficulty level. Hope it helps.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
souvonik2k wrote:
kanak2016 wrote:
Hello All,

I have started preparing for GMAT from last month. It has been a full complete month since i have started studying GMAT quants. I have started with MGMAT maths guides. I had completed Numbers properties and started Percents and ratio. Now since i have started new topic i feel like that i am not able to solve number properties questions. Can you please guide me how can i study efficiently so that i dont forget previous chapters that i have read. Also, i s there any book that i can buy which gives me topic wise questions for quants and not mixed.

Thanks in Advance

Hi
It is normal to forget topics which are done earlier. for that purpose you need to keep revising the topics regularly at certain intervals, say 1 week or 10 days. If you are looking for books, then MGMAT guides are the best. But the number of practice questions are limited. You can pracitce lots of questions topic wise from the Gmatclub with difficulty level. Hope it helps.

Thanks for your suggestion.
Yes you are right that MGMAT has limited no. of questions. Are Gmatclub questions verymuch like actual test questions? ANy other source would you suggest?
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 22056 [0]
Given Kudos: 283
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi kanak2016,

To ensure that you do not forget knowledge from past topics, spend time looking at notes/flash cards from past topics as well as practicing questions from past topics. By doing so, you constantly refresh your knowledge of past concepts, formulas, and principles, ensuring that no knowledge slips through the cracks.

Regarding additional quant resources, in addition to hearing from folks in this thread, take a look at the GMAT Club reviews for the best quant courses.

Also, you may find it helpful to read this article about How to Learn More, Learn Faster, and Retain More Knowledge While Preparing for the GMAT.

Good luck!
Tutor
Own Kudos [?]: 2094 [0]
Given Kudos: 100
Concentration: Finance, Marketing
Schools: XLRI (A)
GMAT 1: 700 Q51 V31
GPA: 3
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Struggling in completing topics in Quants. PLS HELP!!!! [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Top Contributor
Hi Kanak,

I suggest my students to maintain a theory book which they can keep on revising once in 2-3 days so that they don't forget what they have studied before. You can also try and keep say 1 hr of revision time everyday to solve 3-4 problems from all the topics you have done before to keep things fresh.

Best source to have topic wise question is in my signature. (GMatClub Topic Tags). This link has problems divided by difficulty level and by topic. Start with easy and then go to medium and hard to cover everything possible.

Hope it helps!

Originally posted by BrushMyQuant on 07 Sep 2019, 11:19.
Last edited by BrushMyQuant on 15 Jul 2020, 10:53, edited 2 times in total.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
BrushMyQuant wrote:
Hi Kanak,

I suggest my students to maintain a theory book which they can keep on revising once in 2-3 days so that they don't forget what they have studied before. You can also try and keep say 1 hr of revision time everyday to solve 3-4 problems from all the topics you have done before to keep things fresh.

Best source to have topic wise question is in my signature. (GMatClub Topic Tags). This link has problems divided by difficulty level and by topic. Start with easy and then go to medium and hard to cover everything possible.

Hope it helps!
kanak2016 wrote:
Hello All,

Thanks in Advance

Thank you so much. i am hoping this would be of great help.

Also i see you are a Gmat tutor. what are your tutoring rates?
Tutor
Own Kudos [?]: 2094 [0]
Given Kudos: 100
Concentration: Finance, Marketing
Schools: XLRI (A)
GMAT 1: 700 Q51 V31
GPA: 3
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Expert Reply
Top Contributor
Sent you a DM
kanak2016 wrote:
BrushMyQuant wrote:
Hi Kanak,

Hope it helps!
kanak2016 wrote:
Hello All,

Thanks in Advance

Thank you so much. i am hoping this would be of great help.

Also i see you are a Gmat tutor. what are your tutoring rates?
GMAT Club Bot