Last visit was: 29 Apr 2024, 03:44 It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 03:44

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 520 [1]
Schools:Darden
 Q50  V51
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 59 [0]
Schools:Olin Business School - Washington University
Send PM
[#permalink]
Calm down hindustan i think Pelihu was just making a joke...
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 65 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
53 in Q?? Wow thats quite an effort..

Congratulations!!!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 73 [0]
Send PM
I received 53 on Quantitative. Q53, 99 percentile. total 680 [#permalink]
Wow! Yeah I've personally not seen anyone with a 53. You must be a Math Wiz..

Good luck buddy!
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 213 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Didn't we have something about max of Q51.... dude sorry for being so pessimistic.. I have a colleague of mine who got 800 in Quant GRE, is an International Math Olympian and recently got Q51 with a score of 790 on the GMAT.

Sorry, but until you show me your official score sheet, won't believe a shred of what you are saying.... what can I say... I am just hard to please. :wink:

And by the way.. congrats :lol:
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
He could have made a mistake. By virtue of winning a math olympic contest does not make him the best or to get full points.

So now you're asking me to scan and put a copy of my sheet on here?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
I am wondering if anyone who ever got a 800 in GMAT got 60 for both verbal and quantitative, coz the books all say that 60 is max possible.
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 520 [0]
 Q50  V51
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hindustan wrote:
Whats wrong with saying 'score'? yI mean raw score or scaled score...whatever it is...you want me to say 'mark'?

My reaction is something Beavis & Butthead might say after hearing something that they couldn't believe.

I was under the impression that 51 was the highest possible score for Q or V. After an exhaustive search of the internet lasting almost 1 minute, I haven't found anything to dispute that belief.

I also go by my belief that there are a number of math gurus that frequent this and other boards that will effectively achieve the highest score, no matter what the scale (as I'm sure haas_mba07's friend would), and the highest score I have seen is 51. Now, obviously I have not personally witnessed every single score handed out, but I do believe that I have seen score reports from people that can achieve the highest possible score and those people have never reported anything higher than a 51.

So, I'll be the second to say that until I see convincing evidence otherwise, I will stick by the belief that 51 is the highest possible score.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
What's the deal of "60" as it is written on most GMAT prep books as being the highest score possible? What does anyone make of that, if no one seems to get 60. Maybe the book's authors are high.

I think that 51 may be the highest score as you claim in that someone getting all the 'marked' questions correctly. Maybe if one were to get all of the experimental questions correct as well could possibly get between 51-60.

I think I read somewhere on another forum, SCORETOP possibly .com where someone got 52, which further disproves 51 as the highest score.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 48 [0]
 Q49  V41
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hindustan, you're obviously a God at math if you got a 52 or more. While I am a little concerned that you're more interested in finding out if you have any 'math equals' than in working out some verbal strategies (there's a single brief mention of your verbal performance), I'll leave that to your judgement, and request that you participate in the math forums, so that we can all learn from you.

Cheers!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
My focus is on verbal, which is something I lack and need to spend time on studying, so don't have time to browse the math forums here. Maybe after my GMAT next month, I can spend time on the math forums here, but I guess I may get busy in the application process.

My only concern, as I raised this thread was that why people don't get 60's, if it is scaled out of 60. I have always been a perfectionist at Math, and I too could not get 60.

My feedback from Berkelely in my failure to get into Berkeley was that I had a relatively poor verbal score, and so which is my focus.

Since verbal prep is not going too well for me, I was thinking whether I could push my 680 score to the elite 700+ club by virtue of getting more than 53 in Q.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 213 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I am not asking you to show me anything... you are free to show any proof you like. I stand by my belief that Q51 is the max I know of and therefore I stand by it.

Hindustan wrote:
He could have made a mistake. By virtue of winning a math olympic contest does not make him the best or to get full points.

So now you're asking me to scan and put a copy of my sheet on here?
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 520 [0]
 Q50  V51
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hindustan wrote:
What's the deal of "60" as it is written on most GMAT prep books as being the highest score possible? What does anyone make of that, if no one seems to get 60. Maybe the book's authors are high.

I think that 51 may be the highest score as you claim in that someone getting all the 'marked' questions correctly. Maybe if one were to get all of the experimental questions correct as well could possibly get between 51-60.

I think I read somewhere on another forum, <illegal website> possibly .com where someone got 52, which further disproves 51 as the highest score.

The experimental questions are not scored. That's why they are called experimental and this policy is clearly stated. You think you read somewhere where someone got 52? That sure convinces me :roll:. That's a lot different than your claim that YOU actually got 53. If you actually got 53, why would you look to any other sources to justify a score of 52 or more? I'm willing to believe that 52 or even 53 is possible if someone can cite a reliable source.

For anyone out there with a brain, it makes absolutely no sense that scores could scale to 60. There's no need for the headroom. If the difference between 41 (65%) and 51 (99%) is 34%, what exactly would the point be of scaling 9 points past the 99th percentile? And how would someone go about achieving such a score? You must get nearly every single question right to score 51 (almost certainly 2 or fewer incorrect answers). How exactly could you scale 9 additional Q points from just 2 questions? It makes no sense. If you are so good at math, why don't you run through the GMATprep software, verify that you got every single question right and see what score it spits out for you.

So I noticed that you had no response to either Haas or myself regarding the validity of your score. If Berkeley gave you feedback that your verbal score was insufficient, why would you believe that raising your quantitative score would help? Maybe they don't like people that lie about their scores.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Quote:
For anyone out there with a brain, it makes absolutely no sense that scores could scale to 60.

Why do the books say that is the highest score? Don't have an answer to this one.

Quote:
So I noticed that you had no response to either Haas or myself regarding the validity of your score. If Berkeley gave you feedback that your verbal score was insufficient, why would you believe that raising your quantitative score would help? Maybe they don't like people that lie about their scores.

What validity? They said my verbal score was not upto the mark. All I am saying is that I need to work on verbal, and if it is possible to get over 53 in math, than overall score should go beyond 680 into 700's, if i still dont improve in verbal. the 700+ does not mean Haas will accept me, becoz of my poor english score. but the 700+ status wud help other quantitative focussed schools like Sloan look at my score. I dont know what other univs will pay the same focus as did Haas on verbal.

Quote:
Maybe they don't like people that lie about their scores.

No adcom would like that. That's a given. What's the point here?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Quote:
If you actually got 53, why would you look to any other sources to justify a score of 52 or more?

Because someone in this forum message said they could not find on the internet that anyone got above 51.

Secondly, because I am curious to find out, and have been sicne my first message on this forum, as to how one can achieve 60. As I could not find anyone on this forum, i remember seeing 52 before on another...but never anyone with near 60.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 48 [0]
 Q49  V41
Send PM
[#permalink]
I very strongly doubt the following:

"Since verbal prep is not going too well for me, I was thinking whether I could push my 680 score to the elite 700+ club by virtue of getting more than 53 in Q."

I would suggest you get cracking at verbal.

As an aside, aren't you contradicting your own advice with this approach? In my other thread about Haas PT programs, you mentioned the adcoms asking for a balanced score,. Further, this was communicated (in your own words) to you directly. Why are you then even considering pushing up your math score, when all it will result in (assuming you don't up verbal) is a score more imbalanced than the one you currently have???
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
goto this site:

https://www.800score.com/score2.html#

If you keep changing the Quantitative score from 51 to 53 or anything more, while keeping verbal score fixed, you will see that total score changes. Moreover, as you can "see" it reads 0-60. It does not read 0-51.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Quote:
As an aside, aren't you contradicting your own advice with this approach? In my other thread about Haas PT programs, you mentioned the adcoms asking for a balanced score,. Further, this was communicated (in your own words) to you directly. Why are you then even considering pushing up your math score, when all it will result in (assuming you don't up verbal) is a score more imbalanced than the one you currently have???

I am considering pushing that up so I can enter the 700+ elite club. Not all universities want what HAAS wants.
Plus I am not planning to apply to HAAS again. And if i do, it would be last deadline and full time program, not part time.
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
 1   2   3   
Moderator:
Founder
37320 posts