Last visit was: 29 Apr 2024, 10:36 It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 10:36

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Own Kudos [?]: 3083 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE:Business Development (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 130 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Can anyone suggest on how to approach this question:

If the admissions committee were to interview one of your closest colleagues, what aspect of your personal development would this person say is especially important for the admissions committee to know?

I have the content but not sure how to fit this per the given question? Any suggestions..
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Re: Transcript preparation

Does anybody know what to do if, for example, I had a course that lasted several terms?

Should I indicate grade for each term or grade only for the last one?

Thanks!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hey,

I attended the GSB info session in toronto last night and spoke with Kurt Ahlm, director of admissions.

He said not to worry too much about the transcript form and try to fill it out as closely as it appears on your original transcript.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I have scans of my transcripts. Does anyone know whether U of Chicago would allow me to upload these or whether I have to fill out the Excel transcript form?
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Send PM
[#permalink]
flapjack wrote:
I have scans of my transcripts. Does anyone know whether U of Chicago would allow me to upload these or whether I have to fill out the Excel transcript form?

No scans. I think it says it on the app itself.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Thanks. Do you recommend that I FedEx my applciation check and any other materials to U of Chicago to ensure it arrives by Wednesday?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
The GSB will allow up to 2 weeks for supplemental information to arrive. As long as you have submitted the online portion before the deadline and post mark materials before that, you should be fine.

However, I would definitely use some kind of registered mail or FedEx anyway :P
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 57 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Strategy, and Accounting
Schools:Chicago Booth
 Q47  V44
Send PM
[#permalink]
Have submitted the GSB app yesterday and was totally frustrated when found out that I forgot to state my full name in the essay .doc files I've uploaded :x Was SOOO angry at myself!

Sent a mail to adcom immediately, out of the fear that it would harm the overall impression about my app or (worse) my essays would be lost...

Today got a reply that they were too busy and would review my app in a couple of weeks only.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Send PM
[#permalink]
helg wrote:
Have submitted the GSB app yesterday and was totally frustrated when found out that I forgot to state my full name in the essay .doc files I've uploaded :x Was SOOO angry at myself!

Sent a mail to adcom immediately, out of the fear that it would harm the overall impression about my app or (worse) my essays would be lost...

Today got a reply that they were too busy and would review my app in a couple of weeks only.

Minor detail really, dont worry about it.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 112 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
helg wrote:

Oops...was that necessary (or recommended)? I dont think I put my name on any of my essays. I figured since it was my application, adcoms would have the technology to figure out it was my essay that I submitted online along with the rest of the application..
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Send PM
[#permalink]
gmatmba wrote:
helg wrote:

Oops...was that necessary (or recommended)? I dont think I put my name on any of my essays. I figured since it was my application, adcoms would have the technology to figure out it was my essay that I submitted online along with the rest of the application..

Yea it says to do it on the page where you upload your GSB essays.

In all fairness, its at the bottom of a long paragraph though. I'm sure you and 5,000 others didn't.

Youd think the technology would link. Wouldn't ya?
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 57 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Strategy, and Accounting
Schools:Chicago Booth
 Q47  V44
Send PM
[#permalink]
gmatmba wrote:
helg wrote:

Believe it or not, but I only saw that requirement when scanning through the pdf printout of my application. I'm not even sure it was in the app itself :?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 45 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
actually i read it ont he actual application part... i didnt have it on there either at first and then i realized they said to put ur name on there so i did... but i'm sure they'll figure it out you can't have been the only person that did that... its so minor
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
... and like someone said... Off it goes!!! I submitted my applications to Kellogg and GSB today.

Its unbelievable, how anticlimactic the actual submission of the application was. For a moment, I thought I could hear bells toll and then realized they were just in my head. The other funny thing is, I seem to be constantly gazing at literature or emails at work in an effort to correct them for grammar. I think my mind is shot! Now begins the excruciating wait...:-).

Although not much of a poster, I have been checking this website on and off for hints and have found it especially useful and would like to thank all contributors. Time for a beer... cheers dudes!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
strider77- are u applying for part time or full time?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
AshikaP wrote:
strider77- are u applying for part time or full time?

full time.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
oh ok i applied part time... there doesnt seem to be many part time applicants... or at least they dont post to this website...
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
 1   2